Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cole posted:

lol who gave me the new av?

it's equal parts :3: and :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Moved into a new place off campus just before finals week. Place is on the fourth floor, has a community pool and bbq place, its own gym, every room has its own bathroom, poo poo owns.

It's also, however, renowned as being party central for this college

So far:
- two pregaming parties across the floor
- one chick throwing up after one of the pregaming parties
- one chick next to the chick throwing up, crying on the phone with her boyfriend
- one Cummins idling in the parking lot down below for 45 minutes because chicks dig it
- two dogs barking the gently caress out of eachother, one of which apparently hates me
- lots of drunk chicks in bikinis at the pool because it's access-regulated for tenants and thus somehow circumvents the whole drinking in public laws

College is weird, but owns.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

uh, early 30s...

if I were mid-20s and didn't sortakinda have a girlfriend back home, I'd be rolling trojan horses up into college snatch all day long

the misery of my situation is compacted by the fact that I look 22 and noone in their right mind would ever think I'm a broken, 32 year old husk of a human being.
Basically every vet I've met here owns though.

Even the one kinda butch chick with the Ducks Unlimited hat.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

my last exam for this semester is tonight, then I get to chill for like a week and a half before going balls-deep in summer school :feelsgood:

Mine is Thursday, then I have three weeks of nothing until the summer semester even begins. Thinking of either visiting some folks in Colorado/California, or, if my roommate actually decides to move back to Phoenix for the rest of the summer after her graduation, just have them come here to turn this place into the bachelorest of bachelor pads for three filthy weeks of booze.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

One more week of classes, final project is a group presentation. Pro tip: when making a group, find the nerdiest try hard you can and then put that poo poo on cruise control because you just got yourself an A.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I hate people like you t:mad:

I hate people like you if they actively sandbag and get in the way to seem more like they're doing something for the sake of peer evaluations.

gently caress peer evaluations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bingewatching the Sopranos while being lazy.
Boobs-'n-Braces owns

http://i.imgur.com/wAUdzSA.jpg:nws:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MA-Horus posted:

where's wallace

where's wallace string

WHERE'S WALLACE?

Here he is

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Shut up, obvious war robot

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Sittin' in the theatre for Furious 7, slightly drunk, and the cinematic trailer for Mad Max has me rock hard.

Metal as all gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A person who was assured by their doctor that workout out would hurt.

A person that has never attempted to work out...to the point where they need to be assured by "a doctor" that the thing they never did would hurt.

gently caress this dumb universe.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

Just saw Age of Ultron for the second time (first time buddy had an extra ticket, this time I took the kid). Movie loving owns. Spader's the man, Renner gets to act, and hearing the crowd audibly gasp when Vision does that thing that nobody expected was awesome. And naturally, someone loses an arm because apparently that's a thing.

What was that again, the thing with the Hammer?

/edit welp

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 10, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

:lol::lol::lol: Well done.

Welp

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Fury Road is very good.

Should I watch that in 3D or regular?

My first movie in 3D was Jupiter Rising (a loving shitshow, but I'd never seen a 3D movie so I went for it) and it felt kinda odd to watch a movie through glasses.
I'm more a fan of going at an ungodly early hour, have the entire theater to myself, sit smack in the middle and shovel popcorn and Dr. Pepper into my face (the few times I actually get the chance to without loving up my innards) in amazement.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

DoggPickle posted:

Look. I just did my absolute best to un-derail this thread. With no permanent enemies or hard feelings in mind. I don't know what the gently caress else anyone would want me to do right now. Yeah there are too many people to sustain the planet, and we should get that under control. But all this talk about the right to have kids is also based strongly in the idea that "my country" should have more kids. Am I wrong? It's a pretty clear fact that the more educated people get, the less children they have. That's totally screwing over a lot of very white, very globally rich countries. Why should I care about that?

Of COURSE the Al-Aqsa brigade wants to make it about D&D and calls me grandma when I'm 36. Maybe in Palestine.:laffo: I was literally forced to bear a child when I did not want one. The internet as we know it did not exist yet. I took all kinds of supposedly abortifactiants. I smoked as many cigarettes as possible.. I even resorted to punching myself in the stomach and "flailing" onto solid objects until my entire stomach was black and blue and I just couldn't do it anymore. Miscarriages are so CONVENIENT on TV. When I got to 5 months and realized that I couldn't get rid of this drat thing no matter what, I did what any humanitarian with an inkling of compassion would do and took really good care of myself so that it wouldn't come out misshapen or retarded.

^maybe that Palestine bit is a little uncalled for, but I've been nothing but polite, admitted that I have an unpopular opinion and agreed to just let it go.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

so very loving metal

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Online school owns a lot if you don't have ADD and can convince yourself to sit down and get your poo poo done.

I need to have a minimum of 9 out of 12 credit hours to be in-person classes for my visa to remain valid. Then again, can't peep college butts in online classes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Whoever said Ex Machina was really loving good wasn't loving around.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, the chick massively overreacts and the harassment argument is pretty loving dumb, but the dude writes professors and advisers like he tweets, shows up to a 12pm appointment at 12:47 and then insists on hanging around without an appointment because it's unacceptable that he won't get facetime with the adviser?

gently caress that entire generation of college kids regardless of color. Jesus.

Also, I'd love to be strenuously advised by that woman.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Equine Don posted:

I see a lil nip there

"lil"

That's a healthy helping of nip right there.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 17, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I thought it was his insanity that is going to kill hiking-goon, but it's actually the teaching of "Confusciuos".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Two Finger posted:

human being seriouspost incoming

the haka traditionally is a challenge
basically saying COME THE gently caress ON I WILL gently caress YOU UP
in this particular context it's honouring your mate, much in the sense of 'i am giving my best but you gave everything'
if you want to read some insane poo poo read about the maori battalion in ww1/2 or charles upham (kiwi, only living man to win the vc TWICE) or willie apiata (most recent VC recipient)

no joke nz is a tiny loving country but our military is loving insanely good particularly our SAS

Here I thought it was meant to scare off evil spirits or something.

Re: bookchat

Ever since someone in here talked about 40K books a couple of weeks ago, I've worked my way through a Blood Angels arc, an Iron Hands book and a collection of three Grey Knights books in one just came in 2 days ago, poo poo owns. Tech priests own. Inquisitors own. Praying to the machine spirit of anything with moving parts owns.

Other things that own

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Watching Chappie again and I wasn't very vocal after seeing it in the theater for whatever reasons, but...it sucked.

If they'd cut it down to like 80-90 minutes tops, it'd be pretty watchable. That Afrikaaner-druglord owned hard and the shootout with Jackman's giant, fuckoff mech owned as well, but Neil Bloemkamp needs to start JUST having ideas and leaving the entire writing/screenplay to folks that know their job. I knew I wasn't walking into the greatest of action movies, but outside of the action scenes, it was basically Die Antwoort: Der Homemoowie.

From articles during filming and leading up to the movie release, I got the impression that people on set were legitimately terrified of Ninja being completely insane and that Bloemkamp was trying to cut him out of the movie as much as possible and then the two are basically the protagonists of the movie, ahead even of Chappie. I almost got the impression that they were holding Bloemkamp hostage throughout the filming, what with like an entire album's worth of their songs IN the movie as well as the entirety of their "signature" wardrobe and "ZEF" (whatever the gently caress that means) being airbrushed/sprayed onto something in basically every single scene.

The animation of the robot was loving amazing though and the movie world needs more Afrikaans-speaking villains (that aren't Die Antwoord)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh god, the Dunsons...

Also, here's a list of movies going from and coming to Netflix in June.

Might watch Snatch and Silence of the Lambs one more time before it's gone, other than that, there's not a lot being dropped or added that I'm interested in.
Nightcrawler is a pretty drat good movie though and you should all watch it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

I like how, ~100 pages after the OP ducked out and clearly wasn't coming back, and ~20 pages after it became clear there would be no further updates, there are still dozens of posts per day in the "Raising Awareness Death March" thread as goons lay sick burns on someone who will never read them and congratulate each other on how much smarter they are.

To be fair, in this case goons are actually smarter. A lot smarter.

The jokes are getting low-effort and dumb, though.

Trabant posted:

Hiking Across America: The Gorpening

Dude had this called unfunny and goes "umad" on the callout.

You know what, nevermind, goons aren't smart.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Watched John Wick and Kingsman today.

Don't watch John Wick. Watch Kingsman.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MA-Horus posted:

QTIYD

I legit lol'd at the swedish princess' line. It was completely out of left field and I am a 10 year old.

The whole James Bond Matrix-murdering the entire congregation in a church set to the tunes of the Freebird-solo, was also amazing.
Same for the final sequence with Give it Up by KC & The Sunshine Band. Also the heads-scene.

Actually, basically every single way they used music was loving hilarious.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, I'll ride this vehicle.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Huh. No idea that was even a thing. I've always kept a running Google docs of citations taken from whatever academic search engine I've used, which gets added as a works cited at the end of any paper.

same.
With the routine I've worked up, I might not even change anything. gently caress these young whippersnappers and their word processing quality-of-life.

who am I kidding, I'll probably switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

• Locked thread