Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
:nws: Getting the month started off right. :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Hey, what are you doing tonight?"
"Oh, not much."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
When a girl wants to show me her comic book collection, but not her face, it raises Questions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
His horrified anime girl avatar was starting to creep me out anyway.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Awesome, thanks !

N4i, a favor please?
Hey, someone paid good money to spite you.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

elite_garbage_man posted:

naw, they're both strippers home boy. I just signed up on this dating site tonight, and this was the first loving message I got.

the internet is full of wonders, my friends

Yes hello, I see you accept internet stripper on dating site. I have investment opportunity for discerning person such as yourself with funds recently released by national bank of Nigeria.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Our resident mil doc put it best: there isn't a medical condition that can overcome the laws of physics, if you consume fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

So zoomed in I'm not sure if it qualifies as "Giger-esque" or "an anatomy diagram"

How the hell is this eight and a half minutes long?

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 11, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

loving around on the internet is all my AF experience has qualified me for.

Let's not forget "degrading ourselves for a contracting job"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Did that lead pan out for you?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

This may be the first time I've seen a not-NSFW 4Chan link, but I'm still not clicking on them.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Saw Age of Ultron today. Enjoyed it. I liked that they had a lot of good team spots where one of them would set up a badguy for another to take down, really made it seem like they had been working together for a long time. Also that they let Jeremy Renner turn on the charm and flesh out his character a bit.

James Spader as Ultron was undeniably good, but I was still a little disappointed. When I read comics as a kid, Ultron was one of the scariest bad guys because he was implacable and powerful as a nuclear missile in flight, mankind's technology bent to mankind's destruction. Reminded me of a cross between a T-800 and AM from "I Have No Mouth and Must Scream." Spader's take felt like a metal version of his character from Blacklist, which was still fun, but I think it took away a bit of his edge to have him get angry and sarcastic.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

fun fact i'm listening to queen for like past hour.
Excellent.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

Interstellar and Pacific Rim were the only movies worth a poo poo in true IMAX 3D.

I really prefer vanilla IMAX to the 3D version, and even then only if it's on a big fuckoff screen instead of the mall size. That said, Jurassic Park was fantastic in addition to the above. Between them, Pacific Rim made the best use of 3D

I also have a whole list of movies I'd like to see in a normal sized theater one day (Lawrence of Arabia, Akira, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, etc.)

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Can someone make this avatar sized?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What part of it?
I was kidding, I don't think you could really avatarize a gif that big without losing so much data that it would look like crap. I suspect there will be a lot more Mad Max avs around here after the 15th though, I'm going to pick out something fiery for mine.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Click Beelay posted:

Dick sore after doing stuff sometimes, anyone intentionally broken their own banjo string before? Worth it?

E; think it's called a frenulum.

Broken? No. Torn? Yes. Intentionally? No. Accidentally? Yes. Worth it? gently caress no are you loving crazy

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Click Beelay posted:

Probably won't actually attack my own dick string, was just getting annoyed at it hurting when I posted that.

Apparently I'm the only one in the world who hasn't broken or torn it yet, didn't even know it was there til it started playing up and I investigated the underside of my dick with the skin pulled back.

Do I just keep fearing sex until it finally breaks? I've heard that once it heals poo poo's back to normal.
JFC, do they not have Sex Ed in New Zealand? Talk to the campus health center or your local Planned Parenthood if you're having dick problems. Otherwise, leave it alone until it heals and then use more lube.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

at the date posted:

All this time I might as well have been thrusting into a bear trap.

N4I already has a boyfriend.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Everything is terrible, gently caress people, I can't wait until I get home so I can drink until I can't feel my face or anything else.

I mean, god drat, not only does fortune love the 1-2 punch, but it's brilliant at setting them up.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 18, 2015

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Rye make bad bourboncisions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Today is a poo poo day of the "when it rains, it pours" variety. gently caress it dude, let's go bowling.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm starting to get irritated at the relatives who keep suggesting I try antidepressants, with the concurrent suggestion that I'm not upset for valid reasons.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

This was the exact start of "The Shim Spiral."

Good luck.
Oh goody.

I know they mean well, but it really chaps my rear end some times. "Oh, I'm not in any way a medical professional, but I think you're so unhappy because you have a chemical imbalance, you should try pills."
No, auntie, I'm unhappy because pretty much every facet of my life has poo poo the bed at the same time, and people can't seem to stop reminding me or offering helpful suggestions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Had to read William Gibson for class. I don't like that cyberpunk bullshit.
That's a shame, because he's a really fantastic novelist. He did a trilogy of present day books you could try. Pattern Recognition is slow as hell, but Spook Country and Zero History were great, and you don't need to read PR first to appreciate them.

The Rat posted:

Charles Stross's Laundry series is pretty good in that regard as well.
Stross has cool ideas, but his characters usually somewhere on the insufferable-unbelievable-boring Venn diagram, Bob Howard chief among them. Reading the Laundry series makes me wish it was written by a better author.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Well I've just read Neuromancer, which was a loving slog to get through. I have The Peripheral on my kindle. It'll be some time before I get to it, if at all.
If you don't like slow moving dramas about poor Americans made redundant by technology struggling to come to grips with a far future they can never fully understand, you should probably just go ahead and delete The Peripheral now. It's basically a novel length version of "Motzart in Mirrorshades".

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Mind spoiling what happens in the last 5 minutes of nightcrawler? I watched it on a flight yesterday and everything got shut off for landing.
His partner grows a pair and tries to use the threat of exposing his crimes as leverage, so Louis tricks him into walking into the line of fire and then films him bleeding out for television. Louis gets away with everything, nothing is learned, and he presumably goes on blackmailing that newslady into loving him until she kills herself or something. The movie closes with Louis franchising out his nightcrawler operation, telling the new hires that, "I won't ask you to do anything I wouldn't do."

I wasn't real happy with it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Oryx And Crake is a very good novel. More speculative fiction than sci fi.
I haven't got to that one yet, but from what I've heard, if you liked it you may as well give The Peripheral a shot. No one is going to make you finish it, after all.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I like how, ~100 pages after the OP ducked out and clearly wasn't coming back, and ~20 pages after it became clear there would be no further updates, there are still dozens of posts per day in the "Raising Awareness Death March" thread as goons lay sick burns on someone who will never read them and congratulate each other on how much smarter they are.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Eulogistics posted:

Good game, got really preachy though. I'm not gonna feel bad about killing digital mans, woman's or child's, you stupid game. I'm certainly not going to stop playing it before I see all the content the writers have put together because I paid for the whole game, so stop calling me a monster for following a story that you wrote.

You missed the fun part. When the game gets all preachy with you about shooting Americans, most people's reaction is, "Woah, woah, that's not fair: they were trying to kill me. I didn't have a choice." Then you realize who else has been saying that this whole time... Same with "This is all your fault." and "Do you even remember why you are here?"

The designers knew exactly what they were doing, and SOtL owns. They don't want you to stop. They want you to feel as indignant and unfairly persecuted as Conrad does. And maybe reflect on those feelings.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Willy Pete posted:

Pray to the Great Mushroom God to cleanse this big gay earth with nuclear fire.

Actually, on the days when I'm feeling down because I'm having trouble getting a job, or keeping a girlfriend, or I'm fighting with my family, it's nice to realize that there are people out there who can't even handle being spammed by a chat bot that just wants to make them feel less lonely. Keeps things in perspective.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm really confused as to why anyone would do this.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Seriously. "It's sort of like a blowjob, except I don't want you to actually do anything, just sit there looking awkward while this other chick vigorously jerks me into your mouth." Is this guy so sexually jaded that he couldn't think of any other way to mix it up?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Oh, well now it all makes sense.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Ex Machina was great, and Oscar Isaac is really good as the mercurial genius who would create AI. I suspected I knew how it should end from the minute Ava and Caleb sat down together, but I was pleasantly surprised when they went with it instead of choosing a softer or more palatable ending.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

post the best bass lines you got
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUwEIt9ez7M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Untagged posted:

I'm all for tats but how do you not have a THIS WILL LOOK LIKE poo poo WHEN IM 40 alarm go off for something like that.

If people still want to see you with your shirt off when you're forty, they won't give a poo poo about your tattoo.

• Locked thread