Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Post ITT about dogges and buttes and the VA or whatever.

Good dogge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

lol who gave me the new av?

lmbo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I really feel like I need to chew out my boss. But thanks to the army, my brain doesn't know how.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I was on call 10 loving hours a day, 6 days a loving week. Then they come to me and ask me to make it 12 hours a day. The compensation being I would get paid time and a half for the extra 2 hours a day.

Now a month and a half later I get a letter with my paycheck saying they can't pay me the time and a half any more starting after my next check.

1. The ONLY reason I agreed to work the 12 hour shifts was because of the extra pay rate.
2. It clearly already took place THIS paycheck.

I was already getting in a shittier mood every week because I have no free time and do nothing but work. Now this bullshit. Shady as gently caress.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Reign Of Pain posted:

Talk to your union representative

ROFL. I work for a small franchise. I think there are 8 employees total.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My rent, cell phone, and gym membership are covered by my VA money. I was already seriously thinking about telling them that I won't keep working 72 hours a week. Now I definitely want to tell them they can stick those extra 2 hours a day up their rear end. Not sure how to say " not only am I not going to work those hours anymore since the reason I took them was the extra pay, but I also want even less hours."

I haven't been to the beach in months and I live 3 blocks away from it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Welp sent an email to my boss.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I am sober. Sent it to my manager. The owners are the ones that changed the poo poo.

quote:

Figured I should talk to you before I talk to Jack or Cathy.

Just got a letter with my paycheck saying that I will no longer be getting paid the time and a half for 2-4 am. The ONLY reason I agreed to work those hours was because of the extra pay (which turned out to not even be worth it). The letter also said that would start after next paycheck. Well it started this paycheck I just got.

I was already putting off talking to you about working less hours. I have been to the beach once since I started this job. I don't have a wife or a kid and I don't need to work 60-72 hours a week. I have been miserable. I have no time to enjoy being in Hawaii because I am always on call. I was told full time in the interview, not 60-72 hours on call.

Hopefully we can talk about me working a more normal schedule. But starting next shift (May 2nd), I am done working 2-4. You can't tell me you will pay me more to work those hours and then take the pay away and just expect me to keep working them. That is shady as hell.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don't care. They can either deal with it or I can work a lovely paying job and still be fine like when I first got here. My VA money means I don't NEED the job.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Rad Lieutenant posted:

What are you doing that you're on call for all these lovely hours anyway?

Roadside assistance. So tire changes, jump starts, gas delivery, and unlocking cars when people lock themselves out. 4pm-4am, 6 days a week.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

Do you ever answer the call to deliver a big sausage pizza

Do you mean dick?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

No, but there are some customers who look like they wish I did.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I also may have been rushed through signing an employment contract that I didn't fully read or get a copy of because I am smart.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

HAHAHAHA a call just came in 2 minutes after my shift ended. They are high if they think I'm taking that.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bolow posted:

Trying to find an apartment that lets you have a Rottweiler is next to loving impossible :argh:

Why the gently caress is this dogge not in the dogge thread?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bolow posted:

Oh he's pure bred as all hell. All 110lbs of his blockheaded glory. He's been socialized well and doesn't act aggressive to other people or dogs, he's just big and looks intimidating.

Sasha on the left Czar on the right

Good dogges.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Well I'm probably quitting my job. The owner called me with a very combative tone that made me want to murder him.

"Oh, you think we're shady huh? We try to give you a good deal and this is what you do? Your new hours are 6pm-4am"

Calls back 2 min later

"we did pay you the extra money this paycheck"

Me "why was it $200 less than my last 3 paychecks?"

"If you have any more issues you can find somewhere else to work"

Me "okay, maybe I will"

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah I don't think they realize that losing my job puts my living situation in no danger.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

tell that cocksucker to cram his poo poo job up his rear end in a top hat

I may use these exact words.

E: sent

quote:

Actually, I don't care what Jack says at this point. I will work until 2am tonight and I'm done.

He can cram this lovely job up his rear end in a top hat.

tyler fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 3, 2015

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I still have keys to the company car and a drill battery charger. Should I hold on to one of these things until I get paid for the few days I worked this pay period?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My first saturday night off in months. The world is my oyster.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlxSRzJI4Y

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

not caring here posted:

Gotta say, having that disney disability funbuck parachute is pretty sweet.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You know me.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You aren't shim

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/mjQSzei.gifv

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

As long as you don't wear a condom you should be fine. If you never wear a condom, you build an immunity to all STDs over time.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I just saw Freddy Mercury at the bar.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Someone post the "my music is very grown up" ISIS song video. I can't find it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM48Kmk0yY

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Taking my mom out for breakfast this morning

I'm taking her out for dessert.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Professor Bling posted:

Making a sextape makes you famous, right?

That's how that works?

I 2ant to know if I'm famous now

Post your screen name on yer dick.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

What is an air conditioner?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

air conditioner status: not needed, see fig 1

fig 1

Lol loving Colorado.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I swore that story from SA came from GIP right? Where the dude was loving some chick and went to her place unannounced where her dog was humping her and she asked if he would jump in?

Did he?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This old drunk chick wants to rape me.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Rough Lobster posted:

Depends, is it mild or merely decrepit

She was as using the wrong end of her pen to try to sign her tab.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

If she's decent looking enough, gently caress it hit that poo poo.

Picture a 1988 cavalier.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

RichieHimself posted:

Going to see Mad Max tonight, I've been rock hard since I woke up this morning.

Just remembered I got a free movie pass as a tip. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kiryen posted:

Who is that?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417396&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=95#post432853246

• Locked thread