Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AirCav58 posted:

How long is it taking VA to reply to disability claim appeals? I filed it 3 months ago and havent heard anything.
I already have a certain percent but im trying to get it raised.

I appealed almost two years ago and haven't heard a thing yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'd check with an employment lawyer familiar with hawaii because that sounds like all sorts of bullshit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You should absolutely go to your local federal department of labor office to talk to them about all of your pay. You're definitely not exempt from overtime under the driver exemption, and because they substantially control your activities while on call, you might have a case that you should be paid OT for hours 40-60.

You're getting the short end of the stick right now. You don't need the job. loving get the feds on their rear end. Get the money you're owed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's the Honolulu office for the DOL

Honolulu District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
300 Ala Moana Blvd, Room 7225
Honolulu, HI 96850
Phone:
(808) 541-1361
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Terrence Trotter
District Director

Close enough to you that you could walk!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I also may have been rushed through signing an employment contract that I didn't fully read or get a copy of because I am smart.

Even if you did there are certain things that they can't just put in there. They may try to say things in the contract, but that doesn't mean that it actually will hold up in court.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Small business owners will try to do all sorts of shady poo poo like that.

My roommate just got a few grand check from the treasury after the DOL came down loving hard on one of his old jobs.

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/whd/WHD20140930.htm

Long and short of it is they pooled all tips and then didn't distribute most of them back to servers. They were paid well under minimum wage as a result, which isn't legal. The owners actually told people that bitched about it "go ahead and try to sue us, you won't get poo poo."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

krispykremessuck posted:

everyone abuses OT laws, and most people have too much poo poo on the line or are enormous pussies about going to DOL/their union/whatever

Exactly. Master bateman, otoh, has nothing to lose. gently caress them for loving him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I still have keys to the company car and a drill battery charger. Should I hold on to one of these things until I get paid for the few days I worked this pay period?

No. If you're quitting, return the stuff to them. Don't try to hang onto it. You do absolutely need to get the state and possibly federal labor departments looking into them because you may still be owed compensation and gently caress them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have submitted direct deposit info to no less than 4 different people both online, over the phone, via email, and in person and the treasury still sends me checks and little "you are delinquent! Direct deposit mandatory by may 2013." :iiam:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I agree go out Lahey style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFKs9TA4BQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is this for disability claim stuff? I've updated my address so many times through the VA and yet they continue to send mail to my address from two years ago.

vocational rehab.

Also, yeah, that's a lovely ban to go back a week ago to ban someone for sass.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ralp posted:

I am afraid the administrators administrate every forum, and enforcement of the mod sass rule usually falls to admins. Please don't post mod sass outside of fyad. You don't have to respect the mods and admins to post on this website, but you at least have to pretend to.

This is some weak sauce. I'm completely against doxxing, or other poo poo to harass someone's real life and all that poo poo. But get some thicker skin and roll with a joke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

From the forum rules:

quote:

Respect the Mods and Writers: The moderators are here to keep the forums safe, sane, and secure. If they ask you to do something, please do it. Please do not harass or intentionally annoy the mods or insult the front page writers. If you do not like the mods or the moderation, feel free to not post here.

Harass and Sass: If somebody is harassing you on the forums then discuss it with them over PM or email before contacting a mod about it. Flames and insults do not constitute harassment. Please do not post others' personal information (phone number, addresses, emails, etc.). Try to stay out of other peoples' personal lives as well. Keep in mind there's a good distinction between the Internet and real life.

It says don't harass mods and then defines harassment. Specifically "flames and insults do not constitute harassment"

Now I don't think that you're namesearching yourself, ralp, but it's still a pretty sorry decision to dig up and ban for a week old post that didn't actually break the rules that you claim it did. So basically you're saying that the post "intentionally annoyed" you. This is where you need to get some thicker skin and take an insult. If you want it to be against the rules to insult a mod/admin, then you should actually put it in the rules.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

quote:

This Stuff Annoys the Mods and Admins
Here are some general tips and posting pointers that the mods and admins do not like in general. We are including this list because, having run the forums for seven years, trends and catchphrases light up the place and catch on like wildfire. Unlike those other forums out there, we despise these things and feel they hinder creativity and humor.

Beginning a thread with "so," such as "So my parents got me pregnant today."
56k warnings. Less than 1% of our users still have 56k modems, so we do not need "[56k NO!]" warnings in thread titles.
Catchphrases in general. Just because somebody else wrote something humorous does not necessarily mean if you do the same thing then you will be humorous.
Backseat modding. We have more than enough mods and admins here. Please do not act like an armchair admin.
Internet lingo or slang of any sort. Please do not act as if you are posting through AIM.

Hell it doesn't even meet the criteria for "annoying" according to the rules.

The crux of the matter is, if you want to claim you're banning someone for breaking the rules, shouldn't you have an actual rule that they broke? Otherwise you're just banning someone because they insulted you and you're being thin-skinned about it. Insults aren't against the rules.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The only people the loving rules protect from insults are the front page writers and specifically says that insulats and flames aren't harassment.

Either apply the rules or just say that you're banning on a whim. Don't sit here and hide behind rules that are counter to your actions.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ralp posted:

The rule is Respect the Mods and Writers. Some examples mentioned of how to please not do that are: to harass or intentionally annoy the mods, or to insult the front page writers. Another combination would be harassing a front page writer, see how many others you can find.

If you do not like the mods or the moderation, feel free to not post here.

Then immediately following it defines harassment and specifically states that insults and flames are not harassment.

Edit: it even defines what constitutes annoying. None of which are just your personal feelings.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 4, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The point I'm making is that simple insults against anyone aren't against the rules as written except specifically for the front page writers.

If you want to ban someone for insulting you, at least have the sack to say "I'm banning someone for a week old post because they insulted me" not because they violated some rule that specifically says that insults don't fall in it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm saying the rule breaks down what it means by that. The rules define sass and harassment and specifically say insults aren't one of them. Either change/clarify the rules or get thicker skin.

Also digging back almost a week to ban someone is some weak poo poo.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 4, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip: top gear

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Top Gear was on long before our most current iteration. The brand still has tremendous value.

I'm not going to watch it, personally.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A hundred and seventy year old loving house...in america?

I'm pretty used to anything remotely close to that old as a museum at best. I'm pretty certain that nothing that old is around in almost any city I've ever lived.

I mean I guess if it's in new england in a big city or something, but gently caress man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just think any place I've lived has too many natural disasters or is just a lovely place for long term building survival.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Does Roscoe like it? That's all I care about.

This is what's important.

And yeah, most of my life was in west texas. First 12 years were in a town that wasn't even loving built until the early 1900s and the courthouse was the oldest building and brought in by rail from the previous capital. Florida and Hawaii definitely don't have much in the way of 2 centuries old, either.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've got two classes that start next week just so that I can maintain full time status through the summer. In the fall I'm getting three hours for writing a paper. I just don't know what bullshit other classes I'll take.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Most likely going to need surgery on my left arm for nerve damage from the wreck. Might need it on my shoulder too. Hoooray.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Can I sign with my dick?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/02/officer-fixes-problem-soldier-transferring-another-command/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bingewatching the Sopranos while being lazy.
Boobs-'n-Braces owns

http://i.imgur.com/wAUdzSA.jpg:nws:

I'd like to eat her bread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

KirbyKhan posted:

I like how after N4I posts in the Marriage Equality thread all the posters jump on the "If gay sex causes natural disasters then let's gently caress this gay earth to oblivion."

https://vimeo.com/44050826

Couldn't get it to skip to a specific time on vimeo, but skip to 2:27.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hahahahahahahaha.

My girlfriend doesn't get it and is mad at me for laughing loudly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

This old drunk chick wants to rape me.

If she's decent looking enough, gently caress it hit that poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I called up the treasury people because I keep getting letters from them about my non-compliance with direct deposit laws. I've submitted my direct deposit information four times to various places including their website and calling in. They said that my DD info went through and has been approved by the treasury. It's currently sitting with the VA for them to actually approve and use it. I'm going to keep getting checks forever it seems.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She should enlist.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MA-Horus posted:

gently caress fight or kill, it's all the same right Whopper Junior?

wrestling lesbians is about the only way I ever get laid.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whole lot of lovely posting going on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reign Of Pain posted:

I didn't post a selfie of me in my underwear on something awful dot com swamp boy

Sounds like someone's jelly of beanie's hot bod.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm04PhjAmYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I love living next door to pho.

Go hit up ramen nakamura on kalakaua between Sarasota and beach walk. It's byob. It's one of the biggest things I miss about Hawaii.

• Locked thread