Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Bolow posted:

Trying to find an apartment that lets you have a Rottweiler is next to loving impossible :argh:

Just tell everyone that is a mix if you can get away with it. If it looks pure rotty that won't work, but if it looks a bit like it could be something else then just claim that. My lab chow was always a lab mix for insurance/rental purposes, because he looked and acted enough like a lab with a curly tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

I've updated my address so many times through the VA and yet they continue to send mail to my address from two years ago.

It is a crapshoot which of my last 4 addresses the VA will use. Apparently each and every little office in the VA has their own database and none of the info is shared between them. That is why you need to "reenroll" with every clinic, but it also seems there are little offices within claims that also don't share databases or any information with each other.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Been busy as poo poo lately. Retirement is terrible, you never get a day off.

I think my wife is trying to make me a farmer or something. Been getting her greenhouse setup for aquaponics so we can grow some food and catfish. Now she went out and got us 2 baby geese and 5 baby ducks. The geese are growing fast as poo poo and all of the birds are following me around like I'm their drat mother.

Also just got our car back from the shop a little over a month ago after they had to rebuild the transmission and did a bunch of other things to it. Now when my wife was driving it, the car jerked violently and almost sent her into oncoming traffic. Took a look at it and there is a giant crack where the drive shaft connects to the transfer case. I have little doubt that the transmission shop did something to gently caress it up since the guy working on it took over a month to get it done and had a lot of trouble figuring out where everything went back together. (Only certified transmission shop for about 70 miles) I have to wait until the 18th until another shop can get it in to tell me what this guy did wrong so I can go after him for almost killing my wife. In the mean time I've been getting my RV all ready to sell so I can hopefully just buy her a brand new car instead of another used one.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

These catfish I am raising in 180 gallon feed tanks inside my greenhouse. The fish poo poo in the water then the water is pumped onto my plants to fertilize them. The plants will filter the water and it drains back into the fish tank. When it is all done it will be fairly automated and the only thing I should need to do is feed the fish. It is pretty much hydroponics, but with fish instead of liquid fertilizer. Right now I am just waiting for my order of special hydroponics rocks and the fish to arrive.

Some people raise catfish or tilapia in 50 gallon drums. They are supposedly pretty hardy.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

MurderBot posted:

They're bottom feeders, usually taste like mud.

With the muddy taste, a lot of time that has to do with the water they are in. When you catch them in the wild they will taste a whole lot cleaner if you get them from moving bodies of water like rivers than if you pull them from ponds or more stagnant water.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

You guys made me hungry for chicken nuggets so now I am cooking the slightly more grown up version, boneless wings with various dipping sauces.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

As a retiree, I feel that my civilian rank is equivalent to that of an O6 or so...

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Beta blockers (blood pressure medicine) also gently caress up the already fake results from polygraph tests too. Pop a few atenolol and lie your rear end off while being cool as a cucumber.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

are...are those animated jpgs? im so confused right now

You can rename a gif to jpg and it should still render properly in a browser, otherwise you'd have to animate the jpgs with javascript or something which isn't being done in this case.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god i love rick and morty

Is the new season out yet?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Just watched the original Mad Max to prep for the new one. It has been ages since I watched it so I didn't remember that it was like 80 minutes of setup for 10 minutes of action.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Finally sold my motorhome. Got my asking price for it and it only took a couple weeks so I am satisfied. Now I get to go buy my wife a car to replace her broken one that I am having repaired then will sell.

Not sure what I will buy yet, but I was thinking about getting something new that is under a good warranty so I can worry less about it being lemon. I am out in the country and parts of the drive resemble more of a beaten path than a road, so I need something with AWD or 4WD. I was thinking about a Mazda CX-5 since they are supposed to have good safety features and mpg. I'll check around town to see what is available locally first, but I am open to any tips or suggestions.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Quite a few pages late now, but thanks for this. Ended up test driving a whole bunch of cars and was really impressed with Subaru. Will probably end up buying my wife the Subaru Crosstrek as soon as the dealership gets the one with the color and features I wanted in.

My wife took one of the crosstreks with their new EyeSight safety system for a test drive and the salesman had her put the car in cruise control doing 60 and told her to keep her foot over the brake, but don't press it while we heading at a bunch of cars stopped at a red light ahead. At about 150 feet out or so the car recognized the obstruction in front of us and came to a stop without her having to brake at all. Supposedly it will also work when driving normally without cruise control as well. While definitely not something you'd want to rely on, it seemed like a nice feature to have just in case.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It's okay, I have a life insurance policy on her.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I had bbq a few times in different parts of Texas and it generally sucked. Best I've had was at a hole in the wall place in South Carolina. I'm sure Texas has some good bbq places, but I never managed to find them.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I guess the Arabs were so impressed with us in reflective vests, they decided to use them too.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/environment/glow-in-the-dark-animals-will-prevent-road-accidents-in-umm-al-quwain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Applied for a beach cottage that is 5 min walk to dogge beach and allows medium sized dogged

Say a prayer for me pls

You can use me as a reference. I will strongly insist to the landlord that you have never been convicted of running a meth lab in prior rentals.

• Locked thread