Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete!
Claiming The 6-pack! and Box art on Ser Snapjaw (specific pics below). Also May Journal on the yellow on the witches.

Mushrooms! Could have done with a better job on the white; another coat would have made it pop. Black lining the teeth and eyes of the little ones would have better as well.

Witches! Came out well! For the yellow I used Averland Sunset as the base (great stuff) with Balor brown and agrath earthshade as a shade. Sunset and Flash Gitz Yellow mix as a highlight. The broomsticks are.... bendy. Eyes are a touch lazy.

Snapjaw! Not much to say. :shrug:

I could probably do more, but I have a bunch of half painted models that I want to finish off before next month. The joys of traveling for work: nothing to do but paint in a hotel room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

krushgroove posted:

I've got a bunch of emails to get to, but I've gotten emails from both you guys - I'm trying to work through emails in the order I've received them, so I'll be getting to everyone as quickly as I can!

Also emailed.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

LordAba posted:

Oath Complete!
Claiming The 6-pack! and Box art on Ser Snapjaw (specific pics below). Also May Journal on the yellow on the witches.

Mushrooms! Could have done with a better job on the white; another coat would have made it pop. Black lining the teeth and eyes of the little ones would have better as well.

Witches! Came out well! For the yellow I used Averland Sunset as the base (great stuff) with Balor brown and agrath earthshade as a shade. Sunset and Flash Gitz Yellow mix as a highlight. The broomsticks are.... bendy. Eyes are a touch lazy.

Snapjaw! Not much to say. :shrug:

I could probably do more, but I have a bunch of half painted models that I want to finish off before next month. The joys of traveling for work: nothing to do but paint in a hotel room.

These are rad. If you alternated the purple and lilac on the caps of the mushroom dudes it would make them look a bit more varied rather than carbon copies of each other

Germ
May 7, 2013

I Germ, do hearby oath what might be the most pathetic oath that has ever been oathed. Three movement trays, scratch built from wood and greenstuff by yours truly, intended for a 28mm army.

Hoping to add more to the oath later, but for now I really need to paint these movement trays.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

As things have gone so well this month, I'd like to make an Oath Addition!

The six pets from Super Dungeon Explore (Soda Pop), all to the chibi-28mm scale.

L to R, Madame Hilde, Mr Chompers, The Colonel, Lord Gruff, Miss G Snorts and Admiral Fuzzybottom

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ SDE is going to be popular this season I see!

Big Willy Style posted:

These are rad. If you alternated the purple and lilac on the caps of the mushroom dudes it would make them look a bit more varied rather than carbon copies of each other

Thanks! Yeah, I tend to be very mono-color, which I will need to break out of. It is fine for some things (my tyranids look good mono-color because of the different poses and you don't expect too much variation), but not everything.The toughest for me are browns... I use GW paints and I think 90% of the items I paint brown are XV-88 with a Balor Brown highlight. Looks good and is simple, but gets boring visually.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren:Oath Addition!

I also oath to paint this Reaper Bones sorceress

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1 Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut. Citadel Minis, 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Germ posted:

I Germ, do hearby oath what might be the most pathetic oath that has ever been oathed. Three movement trays, scratch built from wood and greenstuff by yours truly, intended for a 28mm army.

Hoping to add more to the oath later, but for now I really need to paint these movement trays.

LazyAngel posted:

As things have gone so well this month, I'd like to make an Oath Addition!

The six pets from Super Dungeon Explore (Soda Pop), all to the chibi-28mm scale.

L to R, Madame Hilde, Mr Chompers, The Colonel, Lord Gruff, Miss G Snorts and Admiral Fuzzybottom

JerryLee posted:

:siren:Oath Addition!

I also oath to paint this Reaper Bones sorceress

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1 Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut. Citadel Minis, 28mm.

Oaths Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
And another Sponsor Announcement!

Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Sable Brushes
is another Returning thread sponsor!

They will be supplying monthly prize packs of top-quality brushes and (I think) also a big Grand Prize pack!

Springer-Pinsel are a German company that has been around for over 100 years and is still a family-run concern. They are the OEM supplier for Army Painter (the white-handled brushes) and make a huge range of brushes for artists in over a dozen different disciplines.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

And another Sponsor Announcement!

Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Sable Brushes
is another Returning thread sponsor!

They will be supplying monthly prize packs of top-quality brushes and (I think) also a big Grand Prize pack!

Springer-Pinsel are a German company that has been around for over 100 years and is still a family-run concern. They are the OEM supplier for Army Painter (the white-handled brushes) and make a huge range of brushes for artists in over a dozen different disciplines.
:toot:

Hey Krushgroove, is the achievements list in the OP complete? ie are you dumping a bunch of the previous ones? Also is the wiki still going to be used?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Meant to do this for my first load of warmachine but oh well, lets give my first oath a go.

I oath Uncle Joe and five Winter Guard

Accept the worst oathing image ever.

A close up to show the black smears are actually models!

Models:
1x Kovnick Jozef Grigorovich
4x Winterguard Infantry
1x Winterguard Rocketeer
From Privateer Press

I may well end up painting more of these by the end of May in which case they'll probably end up in my finished picture.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

:toot:

Hey Krushgroove, is the achievements list in the OP complete?
Actually, no! Thanks for reminding me, I have one in particular I've been wanting to add.

quote:

ie are you dumping a bunch of the previous ones?
I dropped the ones that didn't seem that popular but it was purely subjective, if you guys want any achievements to come back just shout up!

quote:

Also is the wiki still going to be used?
Yes, I just need to find time to update it...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

The SOMUA S35

(Claiming TECH JURNAL for all that sweet, sexy mustard yellow.)

MG34 team (on the go)

5 cm leichter Granatwerfer 36 mortar team.

Officer and NCO.

I'd also like to claim BOX ART, if we can count the Bovington Tank Museum as a "box."

This month was a blast! I custom photoshopped the tank's unit emblem and licence plates, then painted over them to match my style. And I honestly thing that's the best looking grass and mud I've ever stood toy soldiers on.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Oath Addition!

A bit more respectable this time. I'm adding these three resin terrain pieces to my oath (2 small ruins and 1 hill for 28mm miniatures - prototype casts for Worldsmith Industries)

Germ posted:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Germ posted:

Oath Addition!

A bit more respectable this time. I'm adding these three resin terrain pieces to my oath (2 small ruins and 1 hill for 28mm miniatures - prototype casts for Worldsmith Industries)

Oath Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
NEW ACHIEVEMENT!

Spring Cleaning! a 1 point Achievement
Take a picture of your painting area, whether it's a laptop painting station, TV tray, desk or kitchen table. THE MESSIER, THE BETTER! A valid date stamp must be readable (you're allowed to take a wide picture of your table/whatever, and a closer picture of your phone/tablet/laptop with the current month's date stamp - your device showing the timestamp must be obviously on your painting area). Before the end of the month, you must completely clean, tidy and organize your painting area and post a picture of your newly refurbished and efficient hobby space! The idea of this Achievement is to clean up your hobby spot, so if you need to wait until you pile up dirty brushes and clipped-off plastic, so be it.

(I'm open to discussion on this one, feel free to chime in)

also...

For June, we'll be doing our first ever SPONSORED SPONSOR CONTEST!

This is a way to get the sponsor a bit more airtime in front your eyeballs, but it's also a great way to get entered into an extra prize draw from our awesome sponsors!

The first Sponsored Sponsor Contest is just for one of our greatest sponsors, KR MULTICASE!

So...what does this involve? Basically, you just need to do 2 things: 1) own a KR Multicase box, bag or other model carrying device, and 2) decorate it in some fashion using your artistic skill and tools! The only stipulation is that the cardboard case, fabric bag or metal case must be a KR Multicase product (if in doubt, just post a picture of what you've got and ask) and your artwork must not cover the KR logo.

Every person that completes decorating their KR case during the month of June will be entered into a prize draw to win a brand new KR Multicase Aquila case! Perfect for holding a small group of models for games like D&D, Malifaux, Necromunda, Blood Bowl and a ton of other games.

(If you're wondering about figuring out the date stamp for this particular thing, I haven't thought of a way to do the date stamp on something as distinctive as the KR cardboard box, apart from mailing out barcodes to everyone...if anyone has any ideas just let me know, otherwise it'll just be 'have fun!')

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

MasterSlowPoke posted:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That would go against the spirit of the contest, minimum.

For the first oath of the season, I'm oathing a converted Orikan and a converted Obreyon for 40k:

Oath Addition of a 3 part building by Underground Lasers:

Third oath of the month! Adding on 9 converted Lychguard!

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

I am oathing my sanguinary priest w/ sanguinary guard jump pack.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
The Technical Challenge here is all the yellow on the Vindicator and Robots.

Vindicator:

Robits:

Turret:

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: Oath Addition :siren:

Adding one Gnome to my Oath. 28mm, unknown manufacturer (possibly very old GW)

Going for Speed Painting on this one 'cause I need him for tomorrow's XCrawl :)

Loving the idea for the sponsor contests. I have a KR case somewhere around here, need to think up something to do with it...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is there a deadline for oathing, this season? Because I'm still sort of half-assedly thinking I have time to do an oath, but still haven't picked out a model that I want to paint yellow.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nope

The OP posted:

The deadline to post new Oaths has been removed. Now, you can Oath any time right up to the very end of the month - but you must post your Oath Complete picture in a different post before midnight (still American Samoa time).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice, OK. I might get some time next week.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Meganobz with plenty of Yellow for the Technical Jurnal

Dirk Magnusson, Gnome Adventurer Extraordinaire, Master of a Hundred Crawls, and Possessor of a Ton of Made Up Titles.

Before and after pics for Speed Painting

Also claiming The 6-pack! for my first completed Oath this season.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Oath Complete!

Four buildings and a little extra. Process pictures!

Finished buildings!

lookit all this leftover wood. There is more, but I made something with it.

... which is almost off to the side in this picture. The wheels came from a car model I ruined ages ago and I just recently dug out its parts.

End result!

Details:

I decided that this particular town was under the control of the Scylla, a halfling gangster gang better known for the ability of their matron to summon freaking tentacles to rip their enemies apart.

And for the CHALLENGE

... yeah I pretty much tried to go for the school bus. I used a plastic cellphone card for the stop sign.

Overall pretty pleased! first time painting something made of wood, actually.

Since I have time to kill, I'm thinking about oathing a model for speed painting. Will make up my mind tomorrow if anything.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for March: a German officer and NCO, and a three-man MG team and a three-man mortar team.... And a French SOMUA S35 tank! All are 28mm by Warlord Games.

(A total of eight infantry figures and a tank)

:siren:OATH ADDITION!:siren:

I, moths, oath this sprue of 28mm Palisade Fencing by Renedra. (A twig and some craft sticks are involved.)

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

Oath Addition!

Yet another OATH ADDITION!

One resin building, by yours truly, and one 28mm Reaper Bones beetle.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That's a lovely cottage, Germ.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:siren:Oath Addition Complete!

I'd also like to claim Speed Painting !

(I'm also including this WIP photo to shot to prove that yes, I primed a twig and then paint it back to it's original colors.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Well poo poo. I forgot to actually paste this into my oath addition post:

That's what being in a hurry gets you.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

In addition I'd like to claim Box Art for all but one model;

Admiral Fluffybottom, however, is based on a different source;

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:vomarine: OATH COMPLETE, and it's a doozy. Scroll to the bottom to make sure you see all the pictures.

"Do I think our prayers are answered, you ask?

"The first time I truly prayed to the Emperor for anything, I think, was when the Ecclesiarchy took my little brother for a witch. I was fourteen, and I prayed for Him to first show the priests that the charge was false, and then a little later I prayed that he might at least be taken away by the Black Ships and not sent to the pyre. Right up to the last moments, I thought that His angels, the Angels of Death, would descend and cut my brother's chains.

"Well, they didn't, of course. If they had, I suppose I wouldn't be speaking with you right now; most likely I would have become a good Guardswoman as I had always intended, and perhaps one of us would have killed the other on the battlefield...

"After that my faith was gone. Later, my faith in the True Gods gave me the strength to rise up and strike back, but I had to claw each scrap of victory from the uncaring universe myself. I guess the apostles will say that this is as it ought to be, that the gods favor those who have their own strength, in conviction if not in limb. But I still prayed that someday, before I died, I'd see an angel.

"Then came the Vedic Crusade. I'd fought against planetary militia before, of course, but we landed on Minavros VII and there was the Guard, ten million strong. My band ended up dug into the ruins of a mountain fortress, our backs against an alien shrine we'd been sent to hold for the sorcerors and apostles. It was an important task, but we were still just one point of interest in a theater of thousands, and days turned into weeks with no sight of the reinforcements we were promised. The Imperials encircled us and began to push their way up the pass. We were almost dry of ammunition for our autoguns and stubbers; the Guard had sun-charged power packs and an entire supply line behind them.

"And then, on the day when they must have been ready to sweep up and over our position once and for all, there was suddenly a bright flash of light on the slopes just in front of our earthworks, and a blast wave that hadn't come from a Basilisk shell. And when I dared to look, there they were, the energies of the Empyrean still wisping off their war-plate. The angels of the True Gods, standing there in place of the ones who'd abandoned me years ago."

"Would you believe I don't even really remember the way they fought? That's what everyone else who sees the demigods says they remember most, their furious efficiency as they bend to the slaughter. Maybe it depends on which ones you see, or how you see them. What I remember is how ancient they looked... armor plates worn and scratched around the edges, golden finery worked into symbols and images older than any human lifetime, faceplates fashioned in the shapes of transhuman divinities. Masks of eternity.

"Are you listening? You're smiling. If you're already smiling, you haven't understood. Do you think my prayers were answered when they saved my life? I don't know if they even knew we were there. They'd come to scour the sacred mountains clean of the faithless, and that was what they did. They didn't even look back once they'd started. Listen: what I realized that day wasn't just that gods and angels are real, but what that truly means. It means that there are warriors who are prepared to fight forever, long after you or I are dead; warriors with masks that will never change, no matter how many eons pass. It means that the faithless god who left my brother to burn will never, ever sit easy on his golden throne.

"And that is worth far more than my own life, or yours."

Claiming Backstory for all those :words:, obviously.

And I suppose I'd better not forget the model I did for the Challenge:

As I was planning her, it occurred to me that I hardly ever paint non-Caucasian human skintones, so I thought I'd try and fix that a bit. Unfortunately, the result made my usual white balance techniques poo poo their pants, and I'm not a good enough image wizard to fix them, so you'll have to take my word for it that the face and hands are actually shaded somewhat more like the legs, rather than being the featureless black pits they might appear to be.

Whew. Okay, I think I'm done now.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Oath Complete!

Alpha Legionnaires! I doubt their eyes are enough to count for Jurnal, but if y'all feel generous I'll take it.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I oath one Flashgit: (28mm GW)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
This might be a bit brave coming just AFTER the bank holiday, and with a busy work week and my birthday next weekend but gently caress it, that's what this thread is for.

Oathing two Tiik Champions by Reaper Bones. They will be inverse colours of each other, and painted like angelfish.

Yup, yellow.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, making what may be my last oath addition of the month, oath 3 GW Imperial Assassins (Culexus, Vindicare, Eversor) and 1 Fantasy Flight Tradoshan Bounty Hunter.

I think you can guess which one will be yellow.

2 pictures, 1 showing the time and 1 showing the models properly.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The centaur is one of my favorite models in the set. Great paintjob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
I, Lord Thrust, oath, with meager ability and as much yellow as I can muster, this 28mm GW Chaos Spawn for May 2015. May the ruinous powers speed my hand.

• Locked thread