Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath this PanO Nisse.
It is 28mm scale, made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

This is babby's first oath post. Did I do this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Well, this turned out weird.

I'm going to claim this month's theme challenge, because Nisses are wrapped up in long coats with nice fur collars.

Before.

After

It doesn't look nearly as cool and impressionistic in reality as it does in the full-size shots. :sigh:

I completed this guy in less than a day. Can I claim Speed Painting, or is that one really strict about the accepted deadline thing?

E: Probably help if I had the completed timestamp image in there too.

E2: Wait, why is my timestamp going backwards? Did I gently caress something up with the time website?

E3: Okay, clearly I did something wrong, since the UTC clock is at the same point on both images, which doesn't match the time in SST in either shot. Scratch speed painting, how do I fix this?

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 5, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Alright, one more try. I am adding to my oath these three Nomad Alguaciles, from Corvus Belli, and this ancient-rear end Space Marine from my original, decades-old GW painting kit, both 28mm scale.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay, once more without timestamp shenanigans.

One completed Ultramarine. I hope this counts for speed painting, not that it's a terribly complex miniature, and since this particular piece of plastic is old enough to vote, I hope it counts for the retro challenge as well.

Shout at me if something is amiss.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Since we're coming up on the end of the month:

I got a very specific kind of lazy and painted some minis to completion without photographing them with a timestamp. All my actual oaths are complete, but when I post my verification picture, if I post all the minis I've painted for the month, will I be committing a terrible faux pas?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I hadn't considered that part things. Thanks!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this PanO Nisse.
It is 28mm scale, made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

grassy gnoll posted:

Alright, one more try. I am adding to my oath these three Nomad Alguaciles, from Corvus Belli, and this ancient-rear end Space Marine from my original, decades-old GW painting kit, both 28mm scale.

Oath Complete

This month I completed the Theme Challenge of painting the winter-weather Nisse sniper and an Ultramarine for the Retro Challenge. The Ultramarine also qualifies for Speed Painting.

I'm getting back into painting for the first time since I was a teenager, and it shows. But that's the point of painting more. I very much need a better photo setup!

I actually painted an additional three models not seen here, but I was a dope and didn't oath them properly. Don't be like me.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 30, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Clarifications for this month's theme challenge: are the two challenges linked, IE if I paint a cutesy heart on one of my guys, does he also have to be jumping? And is this pose sufficiently leap-y?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I knew I forgot something. Am I good to go if my oath for the month is properly timestamped, but I spaced on posting it here until now?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm, well as long as the model and post fall within the rules in the OP you should be OK - the timestamp should show what the model looked like at the time you took the picture, after all. Just don't make it a habit, I don't want to have to rewrite the rules to prevent this sort of thing becoming a regular thing.

Thank you for your forebearance, but I realized if I don't get slapped for it in some capacity, I'm just going to keep being a dope. I'm just going to eat what I've finished so far and start a fresh oath. So:

I, Grassy Gnoll, oath 4 Alguaciles and 1 McMurrough, 28mm Infinity miniatures from Corvus Belli, for February 2016.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

February Oath Complete!

Box Art Complete!

Man, that's a great way to feel terrible

Theme Challenge Complete!

Backstory Complete!

"Did you see th-"

"Yeah, I saw it. Don't stare, it's not polite."

"But, I mean...that's weird, right?"

"He's an eight foot tall werewolf. He's hauling around a sword taller than you. Are you really gonna tell him what he's supposed to wear?"

"Well, yeah, okay, but...he just doesn't look right without the tartan."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath 3 Ariadna grunts, from Infinity, 25mm by Corvus Belli

Getting back on the wagon. March was too hectic to do anything, and while April is going to be calmer, I also have to compete with Dark Souls. So we'll see how this goes!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I also like the new challenges. As an Infinity player, June's going to be a shoe-in :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Oath Complete

Claiming technical challenge: I've never painted camouflage before. The guy in the middle was my test - I used a different method for the other two, and that was definitely for the best.

Claiming All for One:

I had a couple more false starts and stuff that I wasn't able to include in an oath. Still, I did twenty minis in three months (since I skipped March), and that's pretty good after a painting hiatus of nearly twenty years.

Jan: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=102270#post455621429
Feb: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=102270#post456742599
And this is April.

• Locked thread