Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Here we go again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

May Oath

10 Ork Slugga Choppas 1 Blood Bowl star player Varag Ghoul Chewer (all models are GW)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Claiming the Journal for the Orc Blitzer's uniform, Themed Group for the 'ard Boyz if that's a thing this year, and 6-pack of course.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Lord Thrust posted:

Do bodily fluids count as water? They're mostly composed of water. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to use my own bodily fluids, but perhaps represent some blood, phlegm, pus, or other various excretions on a mini or marker. Would that count for the June Challenge?

Do you vacation in pools of blood, phlegm, or pus? If so I'd say go for it. Otherwise I'd say no.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ugleb posted:

A game of warhammers?

The Mithril Throne

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I Indolent Bastard, for the month of June Oath 8 Dwarf Warriors (Games Workshop), 1 Beach Diorama (Reaper Bones), and 1 KR Multicase.

Models

Same picture with levels adjusted for screen readability.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

krushgroove posted:

(non-Grand Prize) Season 5 Prize Announcement

As I previously announced, there are a few Season 5 prizes that remain unclaimed, awaiting for their winners to step forward to claim them. This includes Badger Minitaire Starter Sets, pigment powder packs and more. I previously said the cutoff time to claim these prizes was the end of May, but I'm happy for anyone to claim their prizes by the end of JUNE. We're lenient like that around here.

So if you have the slightest inkling you're owed a prize, please check the OP for the prize winner links each month. You can also check the Season 5 spreadsheet, just scroll to the left each month on the row for your username.

After June 30th, any remaining prizes that are unclaimed will go into the Grab Bag.

Just move down the list and give them to those deserving souls.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Oath complete

8 Dwarves

already on round bases in readiness for Age of Sigmar. Just kidding, they are for Saga

1 beach diorama

“Red Legs” Asad knew that the Rosy Maiden was doomed the moment the Undead's vessel hove into view. As any wise first mate would he ran for the Captain's bunk; not to rouse him, but to rob him. Snatching the small chest from below the Captain's bed, he dove off the deck the cries of his former ship mates in his ears as the monstrous crew of the cursed ship tore them apart. The oak and iron chest nearly dragged him down to his death, but with sheer determination he swam to shore with his treasure and his life intact. Having escaped the unholy demons of the death ship he now needed to plan his return to port to buy his own ship and raise a crew. Captain Red Legs, he liked the ring of that...

Claiming jurnal and Backstory

1 KR Multicase

Claiming special KR contest Can anyone identify the markings without Google's help?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Oath for July 1 Dwarf Banner Bearer (Games Workshop).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:July oath complete.:siren:

Dwarf close up

and I didn't wimp out, I did the back as well

Claiming theme challenge: paint your nation, state, region, or whatever flag, the best you can

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

My May oath didn't get any points, but it was completed successfully.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post446003496

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

August Oath: 1 Arrius, Skeletal Warrior from Reaper miniatures.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:August Oath complete:siren:. Claiming technical challenge: OSL (The eyes. Better pics to follow) and Speed painting!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

On that note. I haven't seen my laser cut terrain from the last thread. Did you forget (which would be fine), or did it get lost (which would be less fine)?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:August Oath complete:siren:. Claiming technical challenge: OSL (The eyes. Better pics to follow) and Speed painting!

Better pics of my kind of bad OSL eyes. Not terrible for how fast I did it, but not my finest work.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

My August oath is absent form the August tab of the spreadsheet.

Just so you know...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

lovestick posted:

End of season for those!

You have your point for this bad boy, nice work on the paintjob! Judges points go in a different column for that month and you should already have credit for it.

Also please note I am able to update the spreadsheet pretty much only on weekends unless it is the end of the month so please be patient. If you are concerned about missing points please PM me! Your speedpainting turned out great and all oaths from the last week are now up to date.

I wasn't freaking out, I just happened to notice it. Thanks for your efforts for the oath thread, they are appreciated.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath the following for September 2015:
1 (2 piece) Gothic Ruins from Games Workshop, 28mm
1 (5 piece) Ruined tower from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

LordAba posted:

.... And after checking my shelf of "good god I need to stop using kickstarter" I have some more good things to give away.

This will be two factions for Relic Knights, including a minirulebook and cards. Some of the models are on kicking rad Secret Weapon mini bases. All you need to play are the special card decks and dashboards. And maybe some other stuff because I'm sure I will forget to pack something. But there are a ton of models! There is an app you can get if you have smartphones and stuff.

Since Relic Knights is inspired by anime, and the two factions (Cerci Speed Corps and Pirates!) are tied to the second most anime factions in the game (coming behind the Anime High School Magic Girls in Small Skirts faction), we will make this anime themed. Just finish your complete oath this month with a anime themed Challenge and be sure to include Anime is TV too! in your post to enter. Winners will be picked randomly unless someone goes all out on an entry. This will apply to japanese anime and games, obviously, and certain animated TV shows and video games up to my discretion: repaint an x-wing ship to be like the animated show, paint a character out of a JRPG, slap some weathering on A GODDAMN MACROS MECH? Should be all good. Any question before hand I'll be happy to answer.

:anime::anime:

PS, I'll announce the prize once the month is over, but expect a delay in me getting the package out. Probably middle October.
PPS, This applies to people outside of the US, however I will have to see how bad shipping is. Don't let this prevent you from entering as we can cross that bridge when we get there! I doubt it will be a problem.

Are Infinity models Anime by default or do we need to up the anime factor somehow?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath the following for September 2015:
1 (2 piece) Gothic Ruins from Games Workshop, 28mm
1 (5 piece) Ruined tower from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

Oath Addition

1 Reaper Miniatures 28mm dude.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:September oath complete.:siren:

Claiming theme challenge: Paint up something to do with a TV show you like! It can be a homage, character portrait, replica of a character or vehicle :siren:Anime is TV too!:siren:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:'krushgroove :siren: Did the KR Multicase draw from June ever get done, or did I just miss the results somehow?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I did get the troll trader crate, thanks!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 3 Mantic skeletons 28mm

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete!

Claiming theme challenge: put something spooOOOOooky on your model! As skeletons are not spooky but in fact are awesome bros I painted a super spooky ghost on one of their shields.

(I feel many people oathing missed the challenge this month, it is not paint a spooky model, it's paint something spooky on your model. I hope that misreading doesn't hurt their scores.)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 3 Mantic Ghouls 28mm and 1 Confrontation Starter Set - Dragon Altar Terrain Piece.

FYI, the Ghouls are not partially painted but rather a failed attempt at zenithal priming.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

But who is that in the well?

Silly skeleton. What are you doing down there?

Claiming technical challenge: paint orange and red leaves on your model

For reference the terrain looked like this originally. I just couldn't accept that boring dragon thing so I made a well and added the skele.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

For December I oath 5 Chaos Warhounds by GW

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

For December I oath 5 Chaos Warhounds by GW

Oath addition 1 Yeti from Grenadier.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

theme challenge: something for the holidays, of course!

The Bumble from the Rankin/Bass classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer TV special

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Has anyone else who won a prize in the 'paint a KR case' competition received anything yet? Just realised it's been 3 months since the winners were announced

Nothing here, but patience is a virtue. It was nice for them to offer the prizes, but we have to be 3rd or 4th tier on level of stuff to do; so I wait.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard oath 3 Halflings and 1 Dwarf with No Name from Games Workshop, 1 Sniper from I forget, 1 Evil Wizard casting spell from Ral Partha (circa 1975).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Since we're coming up on the end of the month:

I got a very specific kind of lazy and painted some minis to completion without photographing them with a timestamp. All my actual oaths are complete, but when I post my verification picture, if I post all the minis I've painted for the month, will I be committing a terrible faux pas?

Terrible? No. But blacking out the non-oath minis in Photoshop, Gimp, whatever, will help the judges.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:January Oath complete:siren:.

Claiming :siren:theme challenge:siren:: paint a model that is wrapped up against the cold (the sniper).

Claiming :siren:Retro retreat:siren::Include something retro in your oath this month (Evil Wizard casting spell from Ral Partha [circa 1975] and Dwarf With No Name from Citadel [circa1981])

A question:

As the Dwarf With No Name never came in a box is Box art claimable as I based the paint job on the character it was sculpted after?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Monoliths posted:

:refurb:SEPTEMBER JUDGEMENTS:refurb:

3rd place (1 Point) - Indolent Bastard

Very soul-warming to see this wealth of great looking terrain. It’s definitely worth the effort, these pieces are straightforward and super tasteful, the kind of thing that can be happily used for just about any game. Also that might be the best paint I’ve seen on one of those plastic city ruin corner thingies, I’m only slightly embarrassed to say mine are simply drybrushed grey.

Thanks. As a journeyman painter in this thread of master craftsmen a little recognition really brightens my day.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard oath 1 Harpy from Reaper Miniatures.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren:February Oath complete:siren:.

Claiming :siren:theme challenge:siren: paint a model that is leaping, jumping or soaring!
Claiming :siren:OPTIONAL theme challenge:siren: paint a heart of any style somewhere on your model! (I sculpted the heart in her hand and painted it blood red).
Claiming :siren:technical challenge:siren: in the spirit of Valentine's day and all the heart icons that this entails, let's see your best blood effects!

gently caress you February, the most loathsome of months.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 1 scratch built Grot Tank 28mm

It's a dollar store toy with added bits from GW, Ramshackle Games, wheels I cast myself and card stock & cardboard.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Claiming technical challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 6 treasure markers I made myself and 1 each Games Workshop Citizens Of The Empire Merchant & Scribe 28mm

• Locked thread