Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another season, another oath.

I, Electric Hobo, oath 5 sci-fi marines (10mm) from Pendraken and 1 Blackhawk Walker for Dust Tactics from FFG (28mm).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

All the little soldier guys are waiting for the school bus, excited for the first day of war.

Backstory:
"HEY! Settle down back there! Now listen up! I am Mr. Wilson, your bus driver. THIS is MY bus!
I expect you all to behave like proper soldiers as long as you're on MY bus. Don't get any funny ideas, I WILL turn this thing
around as soon as I hear the first 'Billy stole my iron ration' or 'Jimmy shot me in the foot'. Then the general will get pissed
that a busload of recruits are missing from the battle, and I'll have to explain how you where acting like jerks. Then he'll
court-martial you all, and you don't what that now do you? Good. Now... Which one of you is Johnny? You? I'm keeping my eye on you.
Now, let's go, we don't want to miss the first day of war."
Mr. Wilson turns to the controls and mutters under his breath.
"I've been doing this for 42 years, and there's always a loving Johnny."

Stuff done this month:
The 6-pack!, Backstory and the bus challenge.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For June, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 Goblin Witchers. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

Zenithal primed a long time ago.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

For June, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 Goblin Witchers. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

Zenithal primed a long time ago.

Oath Addition!
4 Harpies from Descent 2. Edition and the base for the Blackhawk Walker I painted last month. All from FFG.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got to get in on all that Privateer Press action so
Oath addition! 3 Shifting Stones. From Privateer Press.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete

I don't know how happy I am with this color scheme. I should probably paint up some more figures to make sure.
But they're Privateer Press so I'm in the game for that sweet Hordes box.

Did the technical challenge with the water on the big base and the leftmost Shifting Stone.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 6, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of July: 2 Arachyura. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

But first! Spring cleaning!
Before:

After:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Turns out I had a single model with a banner, so
Oath addition! 1 15mm space pig-ork. From god know where.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete

This month I did Aetherium Flag and July's challenge on the ork, and Spring cleaning.

Electric Hobo posted:

Spring cleaning!
Before:

After:

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 29, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of August: 1 Male Rogue from CP Models (28mm) and 2 homemade pieces of wall/paved road.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Adding 6 Reaper Bones Giant Rats

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speed painting some rats.

Better pictures will have to wait until my completion post.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
2 Reaper Bones Spiders.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

The speed painted rats were already oathed. I only have the 6.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Harsh!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition! Again!
1 Well of Chaos from Reaper and 3 treasures made from bits and bobs.

The small thing on the left is part of a treasure.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete! Even if they aren't all accepted yet.

Rogue and walls:

With a slightly harder light:

Rats:

Spiders:

Well of Chaos:

Treasures:

Did I rolled a 6! for the treasures, this month's technical challenge on the rogue and speed painting on the rats:

Electric Hobo posted:

Speed painting some rats.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of September:
5 soldiers made from a mix of Gripping Beast and Northstar's Frostgrave set.

Time to get my Frostgrave warband on.

Serotonin posted:

I've not oathed in a very long time despite having probably painted over 100 minis since my last oath here, and this one comes with a twist thanks to TheCosmicMuffet.

Ive been painting minis close to 30 years so me oathing 1 miniature is going to look a tad lame. The twist is following a sudden illness in mid May that almost killed me, Ive been left with a right arm and hand that barely functions. To save me typing out a story heres another post where I mentioned it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465762&userid=24506&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post447844933

Thats a lot of waffle to say Im going to have my first go at painting a miniature with my left hand.

That's rough, but good it isn't keeping you down :)
Also, your oath picture should have the American Samoa timezone.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
2 soldiers.
Still a mix of Gripping Beast and Northstar.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

I'll be getting the July photo album ready real soon, I should have done this a couple of weeks ago, just been sidetracked!
I assume this is a typo, but just in case. You already did July :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

A bunch of heavily color-coded mercenaries. It's for easy recognition while playing, and I like the idea of a bunch of unscrupulous thugs going into battle wearing colorful scarves and sweaters that their mothers made them for christmas.

For the September challenge: Going for Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings.

The pose is bad for Frostgrave, so I repositioned his arm and cut off his head to get rid of that stupid haircut:

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 28, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For the month of October, I, Electric Hobo, oath 3 soldiers. A mix of North Star and Gripping Beast.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Red Shoe posted:

Jurnal, 1 Point: Electric Hobo

Wooo, my first judge awarded point :toot:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, Oath addition!
1 Ghost
. From the Reaper Bones line.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

everythingWasBees posted:

So I'm thinking about oathing my first ever attempt at painting a miniature in a week or so, and am wondering if I need to base it, or I can just keep it pinned. I don't have the materials to properly base anything yet, and won't for a few months.

You don't have to do bases. I'd personally just stick them into some cork painted like a rock, snap some pictures and then re-base them later.

Monoliths posted:

:havlat::havlat::havlat:AUGUST JUDGEMENT:havlat::havlat::havlat:
And my second point ever :toot: August was a good month!

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 8, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another Oath Addition!
1 Kelt Musician and 1 Kelt Standard Bearer.
From Rackham.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Did the theme challenge with that super spooky ghost.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You missed my oath addition over here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post451206565

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Krushgroove specified the challenge a while ago. I bolded the last bold part.

krushgroove posted:

OK, so here's the Challenge for October!

October: The month of horror movie releases and Halloween!
  • technical challenge: paint a 'classic' scary monster, like Frankenstein, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc. - but in black and white!
  • theme challenge: put something spooOOOOooky on your model!

:siren: :siren:I need to amend this :siren: :siren: as the "'classic' scary monster" is unintentionally too limiting in the scope of models. Please update the technical challenge to:
  • technical challenge: paint any monster model in 'classic' black and white, just like Boris Karlof's Frankenstein, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, or giant ants - those classic movie monsters from the 40's, 50's and 60's!

To answer the specific questions (which is fine! questions are good!):

I think you mean 'is it enough to paint a ghost model, skeleton model, mummy model, etc, or must we add something (as in sculpting?)' - if this is the case then:
YES - you can paint a ghost, skeleton, mummy or other stereotypically 'spooky' to claim the them challenge
OR - you can convert a model, for example to look like a slashfic horror victim or as Michael Myers or Freddie Krueger or other horror villain
OR - you can...I dunno, paint a spooky ghost on the side of a flyer model or something like that
OR - do whatever you think is within the theme of the challenge. I don't want to be extremely limiting here because of the breadth of games that are represented, and the various themes that people have for their army. It's up to your creative input to come up with something that fits within the theme challenge.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For November, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 soldiers and 2 wizards. From Northstar, CP Models and Reaper.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge with the leaves on the wizards.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
drat, I need to start painting if I want to finish anything this month.
For December, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Marauder Commando Captain. From Mantic.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

I did the technical challenge this month.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Electric Hobo oaths 1 Frostgrave Cultist and 1 Chovar Psychic. From Northstar and Mantic.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I assume you just painted so fast that it defied the very fabric of time.
I have no idea what really happened, but if you just use this link http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx it should work.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
1 old style Bloodletter.
From Games Workshop.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the theme challenge with the cultist and LordAba's Retro Challenge with the Bloodletter.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For the month of February, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Goblin Ninja. From CP Models.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!
I'm starting at a new job, so a weak oath this month.

Stupid piece of cat fluff.
I did the Theme challenge with this surprise attacking goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate saying this since everyone is a volunteer and all, but the spreadsheet still hasn't been updated.

• Locked thread