Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I oath for the month of May, the Thundervale Huntress, Fae Alchemist and Questing Knight, from Super Dungeon Explore by Soda Pop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

krushgroove posted:

I've got a bunch of emails to get to, but I've gotten emails from both you guys - I'm trying to work through emails in the order I've received them, so I'll be getting to everyone as quickly as I can!

Also emailed.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

As things have gone so well this month, I'd like to make an Oath Addition!

The six pets from Super Dungeon Explore (Soda Pop), all to the chibi-28mm scale.

L to R, Madame Hilde, Mr Chompers, The Colonel, Lord Gruff, Miss G Snorts and Admiral Fuzzybottom

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

In addition I'd like to claim Box Art for all but one model;

Admiral Fluffybottom, however, is based on a different source;

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, being made somewhat overconfident by a week of playing with magnets and superglue, oath for the month of June nine Scourge vehicles from Dropzone Commander; 3 Invader APCs, 3 Reaper grav-tanks and 3 Hunter grav-tanks.

(turrets currently removed for painting)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

krushgroove posted:

OATHS ACCEPTED!

uhhh....this pic was taken on May 17th?

Odd, suspect the WTS page I have on my tablet didn't update for some reason - here's them as of now;

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, being made somewhat overconfident by a week of playing with magnets and superglue, oath for the month of June nine Scourge vehicles from Dropzone Commander; 3 Invader APCs, 3 Reaper grav-tanks and 3 Hunter grav-tanks.

(turrets currently removed for painting)

In addition, I'd like to oath six infantry bases (still Dropzone Commander);

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

In addition, I'd like to oath six infantry bases (still Dropzone Commander);

And furthermore (the infantry having gone past quicker than anticipated, 3 Scourge Marauder Dropships . Which will finish off the Scourge side of the starter set.

(Honourable mention here to Tescos bamboo skewers, which just happen to be exactly 3mm in diameter - the same size as the flight stand connector.)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Red Shoe posted:

Third Place, 1 Point: LazyAngel

Good shading on the furs, especially the goat. The blend from green to yellow on the huntress' hair is also solid.

First judges points ever! (In 3 years of oathing). Thanks!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Apologies for the colours being slightly off; my camera doesn't seem to like the very glossy finish I used.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 23, 2015

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for July, three Fishermans' Guild players from Guild Ball (Shark, Siren and Angel), plus one ball marker. All are 32mm (I think)

All with zenithal priming. Not sure how long it is since I assembled and painted metal minis now.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Very nice to paint, just about the right amount of detail, and found the exposure controls on my phone, so the brightness is less screwy. For some reason I've got a bit of artifacting on the faces, probably from Photoshop's image size compression.

And claiming I rolled a 6! for the ball marker (that's still a thing, right?).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for August one Odin Command Walker from Dropzone Commander (Hawk Wargames, 10mm)

Zenithal priming, looks odd as primer fuzzed up in the humidity (and I hadn't shaken the white enough). Not bad enough for dettol, and a toothbrush took care of the rough texture. Lazy oath anyway, as I only have about a week of painting time this month, and want to make sure my colour scheme works.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Ugleb posted:

Pedantic post warning - that is actually a Zeus, Odin is the double rail gun one.

This is what comes of low-effort posting.

EDIT: And the odd inclusion of norse gods, which is a bit out of place compared to the rest of the PHR naming scheme, come to think of it.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 21, 2015

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:
Surface is a bit rough, but please it came out okay. Bit small to do masked lines though, more fiddly than it's worth.

Claiming Speed Painting this month, due to it being too hot to do much else today.

Anyone recognise the colour scheme?

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Ugleb posted:

I'm thinking neon genesis evangelion but could be wrong. I'm thinking of the prototype.

No actually... hadn't even thought of that. Think strategy-game franchise.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I , LazyAngel, oath for the month of September some PHR vehicles from Dropzone Commander; Two Juno IFVs (with magnetised turrets), and two Triton A1 dropships

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
Four PHR Neptune dropships, also from Dropzone Commander.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I , LazyAngel, oath for the month of September some PHR vehicles from Dropzone Commander; Two Juno IFVs (with magnetised turrets), and two Triton A1 dropships

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!
Four PHR Neptune dropships, also from Dropzone Commander.

Oath Complete!

Bonus, fun with magnets;

Apologies for the lack of a clear picture of the Tritons - half my flight stands are too large to fit in the bases/widgets so need to work at them with a file. Decided not to put the orange stripe on the dropships as there wasn't anywhere that looked 'right'. Also had fun with the weathering liquids I picked up after Salute this year (found here) - they dry quick, opaque (or transparent, depending on the colour/effect), and are water soluble even after drying. Smell vile though, and need spray varnish to avoid re-wetting.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For the month of October, I, LazyAngel, oath Duke Anton don Genoria, from Wrath of Kings by CMoN (32mm)

Primed with Army Painter Leather Brown - it's not just a magnificent failure of the colour balance on my phone.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Addition!:siren:
One Warchild, still from Wrath of Kings (CMON). Got bored of not painting as the werewolf took only a couple of days.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal for Duke Anton, as he's a werewolf and all.

Camera really cooperated this time.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of November
8 scratch-built unit bases for Kings of War (3x Large Infantry Hordes, 2x Infantry Regiments, 3x Individual of various sizes) to fit an assortment of Wrath of Kings miniatures.

All currently primed brown.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Silver strips are magnetic tape - the cells for unit bases are quite snug, the magnetic tape just makes everything slightly more secure.

And for the Jurnal, a lovely sprinkling of autumn leaves;

Also got to play with Vallejo's liquid water effects;

Finally, one of the bases in action (counts-as Lykanis)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for December some Dropzone Commander PHR infantry
That's four Siren squads, four Valkyrie squads and four Immortal Longreach teams.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Slightly painful time of it this month, but managed to get a decent standard out, and without dipping below a no. 1 brush too! No Jurnal, as I'm sticking with the existing scheme I'm using for my PHR.

Thankfully, I've only got four more bases to do, and then I'll have painted pretty much all the PHR infantry I'll ever need.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath Hestia Nostrello and Gregorio don Sissora, both from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Because I finally found a 'retro' model (does 20-odd years old count?)...

I, LazyAngel oath one NSL Heavy Cruiser from Full Thrust by Ground Zero Games

...once I've cleaned up the mold lines. Obviously I didn't understand such things back then.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
As I've still got a good seven days or thereabouts, I'll be adding 6 PHR jetskimmers (2 Angelos, 4 Helios) from Dropzone Commander (10mm).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath Hestia Nostrello and Gregorio don Sissora, both from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm)

Hestia, of course, being my Monthly Technical Challenge (painting white).

LazyAngel posted:

Because I finally found a 'retro' model (does 20-odd years old count?)...

I, LazyAngel oath one NSL Heavy Cruiser from Full Thrust by Ground Zero Games

Obviously, the Retro Challenge

EDIT: Or maybe not so obvious - this is the inspiration;

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!
As I've still got a good seven days or thereabouts, I'll be adding 6 PHR jetskimmers (2 Angelos, 4 Helios) from Dropzone Commander (10mm).

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 30, 2016

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for February The Deathbloom, from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm), and one scratch-built base

Base is primed in Army Painter brown spray, mini is the usual Halford's grey primer.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Decided I wasn't going to able to squeeze anything else in this week, so will save further oathing for March. The Deathbloom here, is obviously my technical Journal - some issues with lighting here as I was too lazy to grab my other lamp.

The base came out even better, water effects and all; here's a shot with its eventual (and already magnetised) occupant - all this is mostly so that it can actually fit in melee, Wrath of Kings works off base size for melee range, and the dragon pretty much completely disregards such petty concerns. So I smooshed it's claws into the greenstuff layer, and drilled 2mm magnets into the dragon's feet and the base itself.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: The Spreadsheet is now Up To Date! :siren:

Or at least it should be. Everyone please double check your info and let me know if anything's been missed, especially achievements, oath completions and jurnal points!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gyczYXjiTMPxtFrjYiqm1qJIQmj5hjevoWPDwos354w/

Hey, appear to be missing my Jurnal point for November - the red/yellow leaves on one of the bases.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For March, I, LazyAngel, oath one Iguana Operator from Infinity by Corvus Belli (28mm-ish)

It's been hanging around for a while - now just have to match the Iguana's paint scheme from over a year ago!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!

One Dwarf King on a Bear, by Scibor (28mm), with scenic base.

Because my operator was done in a couple of hours and now I'm feeling overconfident...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Managed to match the colour scheme on the Iguana Operator to his (her?) TAG quite nicely

But the highlight was painting the Dwarf and his bear - possibly some of the best painting I've managed (thanks to a bit of a wait for a new job to start).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Ugleb posted:

That bear... Very nice.

Thanks; brilliant model to paint, and I'm waiting for a new contract to start so no much else to do bar paint.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I Oath, for the Month of April, 10 chests and 5 mimics, all from Super Dungeon Explore by Soda Pop
Mostly for the Jurnal :-)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Claiming Jurnal for the month for the treasure chests.

And as for All for One;

Two pics, because I packed half of them away, then remembered the PHR infantry.

Overall, this year I painted 92 models (including seperate bases)
Dropzone Commander: 18 Infantry bases, 17 vehicles, 1 mech, 9 dropships
Wrath of Kings: 5 models, 1 additional base
Guild Ball: 3 models, 1 ball
Kings of War: 1 Dwarf Lord on Bear, 8 bases
Super Dungeon Explore: 3 heroes, 6 pets, 10 chests, 5 Boo Bootys.
Full Thrust: 1 ship
Infinity: 1 model

Plus managed a load more (un-oathed) Infinity, and even more Dropzone Commander. All told, much more than last year.

Oath posts by month;
May
June
July
August
September
November
December
January
February
March
April