Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I Thundercloud, who will totally have internet from Tuesday and be able to goddamn post in the thread, Oath the following to start with - 5 Sicaran Ruststalkers and a Skitarii Ranger to trial my Skitari colour scheme.

My Alternate Universe Oath for this year is to complete over 3000 points of Mechanicus/Mechanicum/Knights and to complete at least two teams/factions for the following - Deadzone, Dreadball, Dropzone Commander and Terminator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Question - is it ok if the thing you paint yellow is a piece of scenery?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I'm just shocked it looks like I'll finish my oath tomorrow.

I'm going to find more stuff to Oath.

The Adeptus Mechanicus range is excellent so far. Nicely detailed and paints up well.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That would go against the spirit of the contest, minimum.

Surely that would then just be a super oath. You've got to hit all the monthly oaths that make it up plus whatever else (so if you had stuff you had started before but not finished for example).

Like Alternate Universe Oathing a whole Kickstarter worth of stuff and your monthly Oaths are taken from it.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

moths posted:

I could see cases for it going either way, really. I'd like to try a pretty massive AU project this year, but don't want to get locked out of working on it for a regular monthly oath since that defeats the purpose of the monthly oaths. (Ie: Getting your stuff painted.)

And I am much the same. My alternate universe oath includes at least 3000 points of mechanicus, and what I have oathed so far for the month is a part of that. I view it like an extended oath, so you might alternate oath what you want to definitely get painted by the end of the year.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Well things are going so well so far I'm making an OATH ADDITION.

I, Thundercloud, additionally Oath 4 Imperial Guard from Imperial Assault from Fantasy Flight Games.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, having already drat well finished my original Oath and my additional Oath, additionally Oath 3 Chaos Space Marines by Games Workshop in GW scale.

Pictures of my finished Adeptus Mechanicus are in the painting thread.

I think painting small batches one at a time is the key to me not messing this up like last year.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, making what may be my last oath addition of the month, oath 3 GW Imperial Assassins (Culexus, Vindicare, Eversor) and 1 Fantasy Flight Tradoshan Bounty Hunter.

I think you can guess which one will be yellow.

2 pictures, 1 showing the time and 1 showing the models properly.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Well I actually goddamn did it.

Oath completed consisting of:

5 Skitarii Ruststalkers and 1 test Skitarii.
3 Chaos Space Marines.
1 Eversor Assassin.
1 Vindicare Assassin.
1 Culexus Assassin.
4 Star Wars Imperial Guards.
1 Star Wars Tradoshan Bounty Hunter.

17 models completed in May.

I'll paint fewer but larger models next month.

But I finished my Oath and didn't gently caress it up like I normally do.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, having not hosed up last month, am going to attempt to repeat that miracle this month, and Oath 2 Vengeance Weapon Batteries, 2 Kastellan Robots and a Datasmith from GW in GW scale.

For some reason I can't upload anything to imgur.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Pretty much finished the robots, and base coats are on the Vengeance batteries, so it's time to put in an Oath addition.

I, Thundercloud, additionally oath for June 10 Plaguebearers of Nurgle in GW scale.

Off to town, but hope to complete these within 24 hours.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Another month of actually finished painted models.

I was going to take a month to paint up a fantasy warband, but that isn't going to be happening now.

The Plaguebearers will go on my Wordbearers pile, and my mechanicus is now at 600 points painted.

Next month more mechanicus to take me to 1000 points so I can get some fully painted games in.

No challenge this month.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, not knowing how busy I will be this month, oath 1 GW Sigmarine (from the front of White Dwarf, in gently caress knows what scale), and 1 GW Belegar Ironhammer (likely to be the last GW dwarf I ever purchase).

Both miniatures are in sub assemblies to ease painting (sigmarine head and shield separate, Belegar body, base + oathstone, head + beard and shield). I'm going to try speed painting the Sigmarine.

Hopefully I'll have time for lots of admech later in the month.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, oath 20 German infantry, a light artillery team and a mortar team from Warlord Games in 28mm. 450 points for Bolt Action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, oath 12 Men At Arms from the Hundred Years War, from Perry.

• Locked thread