Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, pledge for the month of May, a Wolsung XIX Century Shantitown set (28mm, Micro Art Studio)

Gonna try some terrain this time! It looks like it's 4-5 individual buildings per set.

... I have three of them (wee kickstarter), but I'm gonna start with one set for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Oath Complete!

Four buildings and a little extra. Process pictures!

Finished buildings!

lookit all this leftover wood. There is more, but I made something with it.

... which is almost off to the side in this picture. The wheels came from a car model I ruined ages ago and I just recently dug out its parts.

End result!

Details:

I decided that this particular town was under the control of the Scylla, a halfling gangster gang better known for the ability of their matron to summon freaking tentacles to rip their enemies apart.

And for the CHALLENGE

... yeah I pretty much tried to go for the school bus. I used a plastic cellphone card for the stop sign.

Overall pretty pleased! first time painting something made of wood, actually.

Since I have time to kill, I'm thinking about oathing a model for speed painting. Will make up my mind tomorrow if anything.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Wait, what's this? A water-themed month? ... only one thing to do then.

UNLEASH THE KRAKEN! :krakken:

I, Kerzoro, for the month of Jone oath 1 Kraken and 1 Massive Tentacle (Dungeon Crawler, 28mm)

Been wanting to paint this one for a while now.

... I don't have a KR multicase to paint :sigh:

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

That's a cool mini. Leaves a lot to the imagination, but not in a lazy way. Assembling that must have been interesting, placing arches of tentacles wherever on the base. That free tentacle is also a neat idea for game-play mechanics, whatever they may be.

Actually, the model is SUPPOSED to come attached to the base! Mine came with the large body detached, but that was because of crappy glue (and heavy model). detaching the tentacles shouldn't be too difficult tho.

In fact, that has delayed the rewards of the kickstater it came from as the guy tries to get better quality stuff.

I DO wish the base was thicker. The loose tentacle is pretty cool tho.

... hell I might paint the Reaper kraken afterwards so this guy can have a baby brother or something.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Bonus Point: Kerzoro, 1 point

You saw that school bus theme challenge and rolled with it. It looks kind of orky, so if that's what you were going for, you did it right.

Oh, hey, thanks for that :D

My oath is pretty much finished, so I'll prolly be posting it tonight.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

:krakken: Oath Complete! :krakken:

Here we go! This thing was aweomse to paint and kind of a gigantic pain too!

I mad e the water using Porcelanicron, a clay that... I believe is called Cold Clay in english? It's like plastiline that hardens and shrinks after three days after it contacts air.

Details!

I was a bit of a loss about what to do with the large circles on the model's back when I remembered that some animals use fake eyes to freak others out, so I went for THAT.

And, sadly, there is no posing challenge this year ( so far) but I still went ahead and took this:

Cheers!

OH! krush! I got my brushes! Can't wait to try 'em out! :D

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

LordAba posted:

Speaking of prizes, there is a gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0CjetWXWc

If you are interested:

Game looks neat. So we just have to write down "Aetherium Flag" in the post?

I have chosen a model to paint this month, but won't post my oath until next week. Busybusy.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I, Kerzoro, Oath for for the month of July - 1 Vera Krabbenhöft, Battle Standard. (28mm, Raging Heroes)
And I'm aiming for Speed Painting, where not finishing before July 20th ends is meaningless! :black101:

Let's get to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Oath Complete!
Also claiming Speed Painting!

I think I would have been done earlier but I hit a snag when I began painting and the flagpole promptly fell off the figure. :v: added the rocks at that time since after I glued it back together it wouldn't... stand... up.

ANYWAY.

Why was it important for me to finish today? Because the USA is not the only country that celebrates it's independence day on July.

Colombia celebrates on July 20 :patriot: (... wrong flag but I think you get it).

Based the colors of her uniform on the ones most commonly associated with Simon Bolivar. Aka this guy:

I don't think he had modern guns or a facial mask but eh.

... also, Aetherium Flag. Just in case :D

• Locked thread