Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1 Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut. Citadel Minis, 28mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I think if you make the group closed on FB that stops it from blasting onto everyone's newsfeed. Or that's how it works for the local warhammer groups I have joined. Now my work colleges and distant relatives don't know I am occasionally arranging nerd battles with my demons.

I'm still fine with a wordpress or whatever if that would help our anonymity and still look good to our sponsors.

Oh, and I better get an oath in soon. Such a crazy month.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath Two gundrones from GW line of 28mm minis

The drones were sprayed yellow since that is the only sane way to paint yellow this hightlighter-bright.

These are the only yellow stuff I paint now adays. Hopefully when I get home I will have time to paint these. Been a weird month.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Monthly bonus/journal/theme/challenge: Yellow!

Those are my yellow gundrones. Kinda a crappy oath but that's the beauty of this thread, it keeps me painting even if it's just something pathetic.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

lovestick posted:

You are missing the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut that you oathed!
Oh, I forgot I oathed a lord. Whoopse!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Oath Complete!

Monthly bonus/journal/theme/challenge: Yellow!

Those are my yellow gundrones. Kinda a crappy oath but that's the beauty of this thread, it keeps me painting even if it's just something pathetic.

This guy was fun to paint, and I think I did a better job than my last lord I did last year.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Weirdo posted:

The custom objective marker, made entirely of dwarf hammers.

I have a lot of weapon bits that are cool but I probably would not use. This is an awesome idea.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

That's a cool mini. Leaves a lot to the imagination, but not in a lazy way. Assembling that must have been interesting, placing arches of tentacles wherever on the base. That free tentacle is also a neat idea for game-play mechanics, whatever they may be.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

lovestick posted:

:siren: MAY PRIZE DRAW :siren:
And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: WhiteOutMouse!
http://orokos.com/roll/300580

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.
I guess I should contact Iris of Ether instead of krushgroove? Am I allowed to pick the Exaulted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh? I see some wording of small and large size prizes.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

The Grab Bag album has been updated now, and yes, unfortunately the Seeker Chariot was already taken. So let me know what else you want!

As for the large/small wording, that was a holdover from something I was doing in Season 5. Pick around the equivalent of 2-3 figs, one box set, or a handful of Bones.

I will take the Slaan guy then. I will turn him into a Tzeentch herald or something. (Amphibians and manta-rays make sense, right? The old Tzeentch models had fish stuff too I think)

My email is username @ gmail.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Hmm last day eh?

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos space marine biker (on horse) GW mini, 28mm. Chaos knight and chaos spacemarine bits.

Also, 24hour challenge since there is less than 24hours left. Might as well.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Hmm last day eh?

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos space marine biker (on horse) GW mini, 28mm. Chaos knight and chaos spacemarine bits.

Also, 24hour challenge since there is less than 24hours left. Might as well.

Oath Complete!

Challenge/Theme: Water and summer!
I did snow (water) but since I wanted to mix it up a touch I decided to go with a more slushy version of my snow, to represent the summer heat!
Technically it was just adding more gloss varnish to my WLS snow flock but it was the best I could do with the short time I gave myself.

Compare to my normal snow style. Left is more fluffy and less slushy than the right.
Again, the left model was not in this oath, it was from last year.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1 GW Maulerfiend and 3 custom objectives. GW, 28mm on 120 oval base, objectives GW bits on 40mm (poker chips).

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1 GW Maulerfiend and 3 custom objectives. GW, 28mm on 120 oval base, objectives GW bits on 40mm (poker chips).

I WhiteOutMouse add one more objective marker to my Oath. GW fantasy line bits, 28mm scale, two 40mm poker chips for base.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

*inspired by some awesome goon marble with the papa smurfs that have been painted recently. I did a faster crappier version but I was happy to experiment and I learned a bit.
It's supposed to be some special relic armor for Khorne, I had extra front-plates so I threw on extra arms and a cape to hide the lack of a back. It kinda looks like a dude standing but I tried to make it more obvious with the red cape showing through the bottom.

Challenge/Theme
I painted the flag of the 8th Legion. It happens to be on a standard which is impaled into a long dead warrior. Fitting I think. Reference:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 15 Bloodletters, GW 28mm.

Nova is so drat soon!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Germ posted:

Here’s the Reaper Bones Dragon that I’ll be using for my Wood Elves army (formerly for WHFB, now for Kings of War):

If you took these pictures on a dark cloth I would have assumed it was a Batchre model.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

No challenge, NoVA prep was too much for me :(
I just didnt plan well.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath my starter set for Drop Zone Commadner that I got at nova, plus the HQ blister: 10mm scale, Hawke Minis
3x Neptune Medium Dropships
2x Ares Battle Walkers
2x Phobos Battle Walkers
2x Juno A1 APC's
2x Zeus Walkers
*Including the extra arms and crap for options.

Primed and (poorly) sprayed VMA yellow-orange color.

I hope to add some of the :butt: minis I got in the wrath of kings starter at nova as well later. But these are the minis that I plan on making look like GDI stuff:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Here's a doozy! Spent too much at Nova this year, gotta paint a lot to make up for it!

1 Necron Cryptek and 5 Legion of the Damned (GW, 28mm)

6 Deepmen and a Deepman Leader from Wrath of Kings (CMON, 28mm)

8 Ada-Lorena (Mantic, 28mm)

4 Dragonlings and a Oracle (Reaper, 28mm)

1 Dropzone Shaltari Starter (Hawk Wargames, 10mm)

2 Crystal Forests (Worldsmith, 28mm)

Yessssss

Also, I think Wrath OK Kings is 32mm (aka non heroic).

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I have already painted two things I should have oathed. NO MORE!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath my starter set for Drop Zone Commadner that I got at nova, plus the HQ blister: 10mm scale, Hawke Minis
3x Neptune Medium Dropships
2x Ares Battle Walkers
2x Phobos Battle Walkers
2x Juno A1 APC's
2x Zeus Walkers
*Including the extra arms and crap for options.

Primed and (poorly) sprayed VMA yellow-orange color.

I hope to add some of the :butt: minis I got in the wrath of kings starter at nova as well later. But these are the minis that I plan on making look like GDI stuff:

I WhiteOutMouse ADD two Skorza Skirmishers and three War Dancers to my oath Coolmini-or-not minatures, 32mm.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Cmplete!

Part one, Drop Zone Commander:

Theme:
Looking like GDI from the more walkerish time of Tiberium Sun.

I hated this part. I oathed too much so it was nothing but batch work and on models that did not speak to me. I don't think I am cut out for less than 28mm games since I can't get into them as much. The more zoomed out the less 'narrative' I feel.

Now on to the stuff I had fun painting:

Linked for PAINFULLY large. These non-cellphone cameras really make you sad with the level of detail they pick out. I know I am not much of a painter but when you compare your work to the super close ups of Jen Haley's minis it hurts a lot. I know I barely spend any time and I just use table top standard techniques but drat.

The models are ok. They are very similar to mantic restic, but maybe a touch stiffer. There were more mold lines than I realized once the primer was there. I tried to remove them but I was just ready to paint at that point. Some parts had basically no detail at all, the left side of the female werewolf's mouth where teeth and gums were supposed to be. I kinda had to just paint colors to make the illusion of detail, but those areas were few, but it was a problem I see with the medium.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Been putting off painting too long:
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 4x War Dancer, 1x Dancing Master, 1x Skorza Skirmisher and 1x Gregorio don Sissora Cool Mini or Not, 32mm.

I think the spooky thing is quite obvious with these vampire/werewolf models, but the Gregorio model especially since he has a Nosferatu/Voldemort face.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2015:
3 large Skeleton dudes from an unknown (Russian?) manufacturer, 40mm scale?
Nethyrmaul the Undying, 28mm from Reaper

Don't forget to use the world time server: Soman edition
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete

Click for links to bigger!

This guy came out blurry on the wide shots, and I liked the way he came out. Very Voldemort/Nosferatu.

October theme challenge: Spooky werewolves and vampires, oh my~

Bonus Scary bit: When you are happy with a face and then you see the blown up version...
*Canned-Scream-SFX*

Where did that hair come from!?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Holy poo poo, it is the last day! I thought I oathed something already, thanks MSP for the heads up!

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one The Dragonslayer. Cool mini or not miniature for the game Wrath of kings. 32mm scale.

At least it's only 9am there...

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Welp... Oath Complete!

I tried to do the theme on this gal, you guys tell me...
*linked to painfully big*

Theme:
I attempted a Day of the Dead face paint on my scary vampire girl, who is kinda a scare-tactics infiltrating assassin. You know, she's already in that "BOO!" position with that ridiculous stance.

Don't know if I like it. I was not able to do the intricate designs that google image search provided since her face is quite small.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1x Hestra Nostrollo, the Herald of Blood; 2x Zeti War Dancers. Wrath of Kings models made by Cool Mini or Not. 32mm truescale. 30mm bases.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

*linked for big & painfully closeup DSLR shot*

I moved my lamp so I had to use the flash on the D300.
Theme/Challenge: Red coat on the Leader. I was happy with the way my red came out. (Mechrite Red -base > Carroburg Crimson -shade > P3 Skorne Red -layer > Blood Red -highlight)

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one Duke Anton don Genoria, the Headhunter, Cool Mini or Not, 32mm

I already do my wolves as whiteish-kaki color, but since he is supposed to be super old I'll see how I like extra white on him.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse declare, Oath Complete!

*linked to big for MAX judge points:supaburn:*

My DSLR broke so have some poo poo cell pics.

Theme/Challenge Painting white. This Duke guy is supposed to be crazy and old, so I gave him white hair. My other younger wolves have more of a bone/sand color to their fur so I decided to go warm on this guy's white. Started with a bleached bone, shaded with argax, hit it back up with bone and did some layers of a thin white acrylic ink. Probably not as many layers as I should, could have made each round thinner but I'm a lazy jerk.

I keep the blond hair a running theme among my wolves but I tried to give this guy a touch of grey on top. It did not look as good as I thought. I probably should have reversed my thought, and started with grey and worked up to blond. I blame my youth for not understanding how to paint grey hair. Also the grey I used probably was too desaturated to really notice. I should think harder about the hair on my fur covered werewolves.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

:siren:September Judgment!:siren:

Third: WhiteOutMouse, 1 points

:wom: kickin' it with the stylistic choice of pink and beige.

Yay! I was hoping for some points ever since September! These were some of the first non Scifi minis I have painted. I was quite happy with them. It's quite the change going from heroic scale to this.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 20 Mantic Zombies for Febuary

Thank you leapyear!

And also thank you new policy on basing, or lack there of! My basing supplies wont get here till March 1st.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

20x Mantic Zombies!

I followed this guy's technique of painting quick hordes of undead. I had to mix up some colors because I don't have most, but it gets the point across.
http://minijunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/kings-of-war-zombie-horde.html

Feels weird not having the bases done, but whatever. My scenic express order will be in tomorrow (hopefully) and I can try out all those crazy train people stuff.

Theme/Challenge:
Blood and gore! Added bloodletter glaze and tamiya clear red to the mouths and hands of my zombies.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Yes, as all these completed oaths come in I know it's time to start mine:
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 6x Reaper Bones Grave Wardens for Kings of War count-as Wights Reaper, 28mm.

I converted them because I cold not get the swords to bend, and they are low quality sculpts anyway. The oversized weapons also help since these models are a little undersized for traditional "Large Infantry" in Kings of War anyway.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Theme/Challenge Converted weapon arms, the original ones sucked and were all bendy, no matter how many times I put them in hot rear end water. I was surprised how well the 'GW Skullcrusher' arms fit these bones guys.

Wooh!. I still have a lot of work on this undead army but one more unit done.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse oath 3 Ravenscar (1 is leader) one objective throne and one GW Morghast that I am using in Kings of War (undead revenant king on undead wyrm with wings) Cool mini 32mm, Bones 28mm? and GW 28mm respectively.

Oh poo poo, I also neglected the bonuses all year basically. poo poo!!
Before...

Last Day, lets see what I can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Challenge/Theme: A technical thing I have not really done before. I am a vet of the oath thread, so I don't have many things I have not tried before. So today I tried to do a Zenith-y paint on the ghosts infused with this model. THis might have been a challenge way before but I honestly don't remember. The halogen and the painfully warm backdrop did not do me many favors but I think you can get the idea.

Ok, some last day bonuses...
I rolled a Six!: my objective throne thing. I should have done this back in July when I did the other 4 objectives, but I think that month was the flag thing, and I had a flag on one and I did not want to double dip or something. Either way it forced me to paint another objective this month, something I wanted to do anyway to get a set of 5 for my chaos. (is it still 5 for max objectives? Maelstrom is some crazy poo poo...)

Box Art: Another one I should have done a few times with my Wrath of Kings, but anyway, here, my Ravenscar look a lot like these guys from their card art:

Speed Painting: I think at least half my oaths were done on the last day because I am a horrible person. Even if I did not oath them on the last day I definitely painted them on the last day. But this was officially done in July.

Back Story: (here goes..)
Nonn feels something he has not felt in decades.

The humans are near. Nonn thought they had chosen to never come back into his lands. They lost more than their lives the last time they tried to take it from him. Nonn seems to be content with eternity as long as people don't disturb him. Conflict is a messy thing. He would rather not fight these pathetic beings. He has an army, armies don't interest him much anymore. Nonn has taken up many hobbies in his long existance, and these beings have impeeded his greatest love once before. They paid dearly. Nonn thought they learned their lesson. Wisdom dies with the old it seems.

The intruders will pay for what they have done, though making them pay inevitably causes more havoc in the present, which is a problem. But in the long term it is better, and Nonn has all the time in the world.

It is time to harvest some souls. The souls that dared to step on his lawn.

(backstory about why my undead army is based on unusually lush grass)

Spring Cleaning:

All for One!:
May
June (24 hour start) / June (24 hour end)
July
August
September
October
November
December
January
February
March
April

• Locked thread