Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
It's been a while since I've participated in one of these. Time to give it another go.

I, Arson Fire, oath one Scythed Hierodule for July

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete

That was pretty motivating.
Not sure if I'll do next month, as so many of the next things I want to paint are half-finished projects I started a year or two ago.
But I'll certainly do another oath next time I start something from scratch.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Alright, lets do another one.

I, Arson Fire, oath one Spawn of Cryptus (28mm GW) for the month of August

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete

I procrastinated for the last two weeks, then rushed and did the entire thing in one day.
As a result I'm not too happy with how parts of it turned out. Particularly the carapace along the back. Oh well, serves me right for leaving it until the last minute.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I've had these space hulk dudes hanging around since the 2009 release. I've only painted four so far, so this seems like a good excuse to paint a couple more.

I Arson Fire oath to paint two space hulk terminators for the month of September (Games Workshop 28mm)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath failed :(
I only managed to finish one of my two spacemans.

Still, I'm reasonably happy with it. Although I think I could have pushed the red shading a bit darker. Particularly on the powerfist.
Lessons learnt. I'll do better with the next lot.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Tyranid Harpy/Crone in the month of November
Games Workshop, 28mm

Trying to magnetize this kit was a huge pain. There are so many little cosmetic bits which differ depending on whether you assemble it as a harpy or a crone.
In the end I just glued on the cosmetic parts for the crone. I only magnetized the head, wings, arms, and tentaclid missile things. I'll be playing it as a crone most of the time anyway.

Arson Fire fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 6, 2015

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

I got out the light tent, then found this thing doesn't really fit in it. Oh well.

Arson Fire fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 30, 2015

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

these Photobucket links don't load for me. Generally photobucket embeds break within hours: I reccomend imgur.

e. and now they're loading, but the point stands, you might want to rehost so they're still here on Tuesday.

Ah ok, I didn't realise photobucket could be that much of a problem. I've rehosted on imgur. Thanks.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I Arson Fire oath to paint four zombies in the month of december (from Zombicide Black Plague. CoolMiniOrNot, 28mm)

I've just received over 60 zombies with this game, and now I have to try and get them all painted before The Rest arrive in a few months. Time for my first batch...

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

I haven't painted much aside from awful high contrast space bugs recently, so this was new to me. Only 61 zombies to go! :suicide:
(I learnt a lot painting these, so the rest shouldn't take too long really)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 9 zombies and one hero character in the month of January (all from Zombicide Black Plague by CMON, 28mm)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete!

I finished the zombies only about 2 days after I oathed them. They are pretty quick and easy to paint in batches.
Clovis took a bit longer though. Partly because my holiday ended and I had to go back to work. Partly because it's a rather busy model. Fun to paint though.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Genestealer Cult Patriarch in the month of April (GW, 28mm)

Incidentally, it's looking kinda warm in Pago Pago right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Complete

I think I spent more time painting the base than the actual patriarch. I'm not used to painting metallics, so had to play around a bit to get it looking decent.

• Locked thread