Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pyrolocutus posted:

Question before I decide on an oath:

I'm thinking of oathing nine Horgenhold Forgeguard from Warmachine. They look much like these dudes, minus the tanks/leather aprons, and wielding two-handed hammers instead of maces:

I would be painting them in much the same scheme. Would that qualify for the 25% yellow challenge this month?

Dude you should really buy some army painter dark tone and a bottle of matte varnish. You have an army color scheme that is a textbook example of what you want to use army painter on and it would make your stuff look really good. Just remember to use matte varnish because army painter is exceptionally shiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

NTRabbit posted:

Pretty sure El Estrago Bonito means Army Painter Quickshade, which comes in three tones, it's basically a darkened gloss varnish that you can dip your minis in to quite literally quickly shade them, as well as protect them - just add a coat of matt varnish on top to take away the shine.

Yeah, I wouldn't actually dip them tho, a normal watercolor paint brush or something similar is usually fine and will save you having to get all the excess dip off your minis.

• Locked thread