Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
In like a in thing, but not sure what I'm doing this month. Nathavarr is going to be early on I think, but most of my stuff is in boxes at the mo so a big dragon is probably not on the cards for May. might just pick up a robed wizard or something and paint it yellow or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I plan to, I do.

But first I need to finish my last, failed oath.

You know. The one from July 2014. :negative:

Can we Whales stuff from last season?

I have a fail from last season I'd like to make good on.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Deanut Pancer posted:

How about a cutoff for failed-oaths - say anything from the final 3 months of the previous season can be carried over? (I don't how long it takes a thread to get archived - that might still be too long). I'd argue for something like this because we'd allow a fail from month 1 to be whale'd almost a year later in month 12, but a failure in month 11 or 12 is almost/completely impossible to save. I don't know if thespaceinvader's failed oath would fall within this span though...

Don't think so. But I'm not bothered if the answer is no.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Man those are great.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

This might be a bit brave coming just AFTER the bank holiday, and with a busy work week and my birthday next weekend but gently caress it, that's what this thread is for.

Oathing two Tiik Champions by Reaper Bones. They will be inverse colours of each other, and painted like angelfish.

Yup, yellow.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

krushgroove posted:

(ANOTHER!) NEW SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Acrylicos Vallejo
is another NEW sponsor!
Their Facebook page

Acrylicos Vallejo should need no introduction to miniature figure painters, but just in case you're unaware of who they are, they are THE go-to paint brand for many model painters around the world. They are a Spanish company that make acrylic paints for artists, fine artists and model painters, and their products are considered the gold standard in the world of military static model (where their Model Color and Model Air range are king) and also for wargaming models (with the Game Color and new Game Air range).

Some samples of their products:

I don't know yet exactly what products they'll be sending for prizes, but once they arrive I'll post pictures!

gently caress yeah I need some better paints.

I mean, I probably won't win any, but this is cool.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Arg, fail. Have been suffering major motivation issues this week then too three hours prime painting time out to see Fury Road as my birthday treat. Had a pretty great time, now I want to paint everything teal and orange.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Germ posted:

I also painted a little tiny 15mm Captain America to use as a leader for my Flames of War army (I mostly play US Armored Infantry). The idea of Cpt. Rogers leading my tiny mans to war against the Red Skull fills me with glee. Hopefully it’ll piss off some purist grognards in the process. The set he came in was by Old Glory, and also contained Thundarr the Barbarian and friends. I’ll have less justification working them into a WWII army, but assaulting Nazis and Russians with Ookla is a justification in and of itself.

Wargames as she is meant to be played :3:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Ugleb posted:

I aspire to your failure.

Seriously, you can call the 'oath complete but not to my standards' and get away with it easy.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Not as badly as me (unless you fail this one. Then you are!)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Uroboros posted:

Going to make an oath addition.

1x Ultramarine Devastator Sergeant with all weapon options.
5x ultramarine Devastators magnetized for all weapon options.

This sprue resulted in my first hobby wound, put a small centimeter long and deep cut in my thigh like a jackass...

Buy a cutting mat.

And.

Use it.

And.

Pointy slicey bits pointed away from you at all times. Your leg is not a cutting mat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

How would this thread take to painting over a prepainted mini, just by the by. Wanna paint me some wangs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Trying to get my poo poo together on painting I OATH this Lambda Class Attack Shuttle from FFG's X-Wing Miniatures game.

Hideous photo, so apologies. If it's not OK, I've already started painting so :ohdear:

It's going to be a test run for my planned dazzle camouflage scheme for my Decimator. I'm also painting a TIE Phantom at the same time that I might add to the oath tomorrow.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I've no idea if the pic was good enough to be accepted but meh, I finished anyway. (Do not, whatever you do, zoom in. My painting is messy as gently caress on this because :effort: and because it's mostly a proof of concept on the dazzle camouflage scheme I actually want to USE for my Decimator. It went... OKish, I guess. I need to be a bit more careful with my masking, and a bit more careful with my cutting, but most critically, I really should have done a grey prime on the white areas. I can highlight up from black easily enough if I want to, but I can't go down from white easily and it kinda stinks.

It would be nice if I had a wash I could use for this sort of thing too as that would have been a much better first step after the spraying. But I don't. I tried a black ink wash and it just went wrong.

Click for huge. If you must. But please don't.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Under 15 posted:

Oath Complete!

Mostly painted for the Retro Challenge, a Dark Heresy model from 1995. I actually really liked painting this guy, he's so gloriously chunky.

This is lovely, I really like this hard-lined, cel-shaded-y look. Nice work.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

thespaceinvader oathing for February one TIE Interceptor by Fantasy Flight Games in 1/270 scale

Hoping the 'primer plus one colour' thing still applies...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

krushgroove posted:

err...that hasn't been part of the rules for a while, it's actually '2b. unpainted, primed or basecoated in a SINGLE color' but as I'm trying to catch up with lots of stuff I'll let this slide this time!

OATHS ACCEPTED!
Woops! Thanks for your forebearance oathmeister.

Oath Complete

(Click for ridonkulously enormous).

Also claiming the monthly bonus for soaring because... well it's a loving spaceship. I even printed out a starfield and everything. (It was a super-convenient bonus)

And alongside the Phantom which was the first outing of the scheme. If it weren;t for how horrible these minis are to strip I would redo this, it's really not come out that well with the sole exception of the lightning. But it's fine.

I just need to hit them both with some varnish then dull coat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I oath one (1) z-95 headhunter from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale.

and, apologies for the presumption, if the pic isn't OK, I'll manage without the points, I also post Oath Completed

No technical or theme unless the fire counts for new growth, but I am claiming Box Art for matching the N'Dru Suhlak card from the game. http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/N'dru_Suhlak , which can be seen in this long-ago preview of the Most Wanted set from ffg's site https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/10/20/the-galaxys-most-wanted-part-one/

I might also get away with Speed Painting, given that the whole thing from priming took about 4 hours (bless the majority of the paint here being leadbelcher covered with Strong Tone) but I understand if not given that I didn't wait for an approval post.

Sorry for doing things out of order, but I didn't want to post an approval pic in case I ran out of time this month and failed, I wasn't sure whether I'd finish todsy.

Sorry :ohdear:

Will post a proper completion pic in a moment.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Actual completion pic.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I oath this G1A Starfighter from Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Oath Complete

Despite recent events, the colour wasn't intended as a Prince tribute.

Claiming the jurnal point because well... 4LOM is a bounty hunter, and this is his ship. Alternatively, for the not-terribly-visible attempt at heat-staining on the engines.

Will post All For One shortly - but do I need to put in the state of my failed oath, or just the completed ones?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And here's All For One.

(The state of my failed oath was horrible >.<)

And some links to my completion pics (and oath pic for the failed one.

Aheh six minis gently caress this year has not gone to plan. But now I have a regular game to show off my painting, I'm back on my game a bit more.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

krushgroove posted:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the spreadsheet to make sure you have all the points you should have. We did change pointkeepers partway through but that shouldn't have affected things. We are also catching up with the judging (as usual), so it will be a little while before we have the final totals for everyone.
Nah there are way too many zeroes in mine.

I mean, it's the right number for the amount of oaths I failed and months I didn't oath, but it's still too many :(

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

Is this a named paint color or did you mix it?

GW's mid purple (Xereus I think?) highlighted with the brighter one then with Tentacle Pink (WAAAAAY old colour, nearly run out :() then washed with 90s-era Purple Wash.

I adore my pot of purple wash to a disturbing degree, I use it on almost all my paint jobs for Wangs.

If anything it's more vibrant in person, the photo washed it out a touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Schweet I gotta point. My second one ever! Thanks Monoliths. That guy is probably my favourite one of my x-wing paint jobs to date, though it slightly irks me that my best one is not an original design of mine :(

• Locked thread