Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath this Reaper Bones "Vandorenda, Snake Demon" for the month of May

I freely admit to taking full advantage of the new oath time limit changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I saw the announcement of the sponsored contest, but forgot about it completely until it got mentioned just now. Could a mention be added to the first few posts somewhere? Maybe near the themes/photos/winners/etc lists? Especially if there are maybe going to be more of these.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:toot: Oath Complete! :toot:

One yellow snake lady for the Journal

I have no idea how those few scales turned pink overnight, when they were all painted with the same yellow paint.

I like this model because she's pretty, but also hella ripped.

Unfortunately, being made from Bones plastic meant that her hands were kind of melted together in places and somehow she had both nips, but only one with a scuplted areola.

If the snake lady is too naked to be sfw, I can edit in more spoilers.

Edit: Took a picture outside, to try to show the difference between the yellow of her human and snake halves a bit more. Her top is way lighter than her tail in person.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 31, 2015

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I just realised I forgot to post my oath pic!

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June: Hannah, Freikorps Archivist (with her robot suit arms and book sitting next to her); a Shorts Marine; a Seishin; and a Drowned.

My boyfriend requested the shorts marine and he is very pleased with how it turned out. Conveniently, it also fits the theme!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

lovestick posted:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: Schmetterling!
http://orokos.com/roll/300575

Yay! My first brush prize in three years of Oath Threads!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Addition!

Adding my KR Multicase to my oath - two photos, so you can see both the KR logo and the time on the screen.

Edit: Are these photos ok for showing I've cleaned my painting desk? I didn't think to include anything to show the timestamp when I took the photos.

Before:

After:

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 22, 2015

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Ehh...you're a regular so I'll let this one go! (but please everyone else please remember your timestamps for this Achievement!)

Thanks! Does this mean I'm one of the cool kids now?

I might try to remember to take new pics with a time stamp in them if I sufficiently mess it all up again trying to assemble more Malifaux stuff - I got my hands on Ironsides last night, and then this morning my grab bag prize from last year arrived, so I've got more tiny ninjas to curse at for having individual arrows on the sprue.

(Thank you very very much to Iris of Esther for posting me the grab bag prize - international shipping is insane.)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Shorts Marine; Hannah, Freikorps Archivist; Seishin; Drowned

My camera decided to go all glowy for some reason, and I can't figure out how to fix it, sorry.

These continue my Malifaux Kirai crew black-white-red theme from a couple of years ago. The Drowned is covered in water effects, and the red dot on her finger is a very large ring - she got drowned by her fiancés family I think :ohdear:

Shorts Marine is my Technical Jurnal for his water effect waves.

He's got his fishing rod, board shorts, and a tinnie a can of beer

And a lovely Hawaiian pattern of ferns and frangipanis on his shoulderpads.

I carved out the sides of her book (and my thumb), as the original render was far more detailed than the final plastics and I wanted to recreate the look by adding the hollows and page textures.

Her tome has arcane script, which my bf has decided is Malifaux machine code.

She's also got water effects in her base, and I've carved the main Malifaux faction symbols (Crows, Rams, Masks, Tomes; the same ones used on the cards) into the rock around the rose, which I also sculpted from greenstuff.

Finally, my KR Multicase!

I used heavy gloss gel (aka my water effect goop) mixed with light brown acrylic paint to create a textured, wood-grain-like surface. This was washed with a darker, more reddish brown acrylic paint, and then the boards were lined in black. I made the nails from greenstuff lumps and painted them with Boltgun Metal as there weren't too many of them. The back and sides of the case have been painted with plain black acrylic paint.

Here's the case In Battle at the weekly Malifaux night! I'll take photos of my actual minis when I play a game too, don't worry

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I took some more really quick (yet better than before) photos of my completed Hannah model - I know it's a bit late, but she looks way better with slightly better lighting. It gives a clearer view of the fancy base stuff too, with the water effect ripples and the faction symbols carved into the stone around the greenstuffed rose.

Also, I've been assembling my translucent Dreamer crew this evening, and stuck Lord Chompybits together with blu-tack to see how big he is. He turned out to be very, very big.

How do translucent models go in the Oath Thread? I'd be painting small parts of them, and doing their bases up nice.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July three (3) Malifaux Rail Workers

That Aetherium stuff looks cool.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Additions!

I spent a whole day at a friends house painting, and got a few more models started. Oath photos were taken just before starting each new set of models. Most of them are basecoated entirely in purple, as that's the core colour of my mercenaries.

First, Von Schill and Freikorps Librarian

Then a Freikorps Trapper and a Freikorpsman

And finally Angelica, Magician's Assistant

all from Malifaux.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July three (3) Malifaux Rail Workers

That Aetherium stuff looks cool.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

All Oaths Complete!

Unfortunately, I didn't realise I hadn't tidied up the water effects completely on the base of the Trapper when I took this photo

First up, three Rail Workers:

And another angle to show the content of the posters on the bases, which includes the M&SU flag, Ram skull (The Guild) = Sheep, Foundry flag, and a ram skull (The Guild) with a human skull.

The tattoos on a couple of the Rail Workers; random dragon:

And the symbol of the Foundry:

The Jurnal and Aetherium Flag are fulfilled by the discarded posters on their bases, which depict the symbols from the Malifaux flags of the "Miners & Steamfitters Union" and "The Foundry", as well as the Guild symbol, the rams skull.

Backstory

The papers were wrong. It wasn't a riot. At least, not at first.
Dozens of rail workers and mechanics had gathered outside the workshop, a near-silent crowd, as a proud voice filled the air. Mei Feng stood on a makeshift platform of barrels and planks, eyes blazing as she spoke.
"The Guild are strong. With this strength, they claim to protect us. They claim that their might gives them the right to the spoils of our labor, the right to demand that production increase beyond reason, and the right to do nothing when our people are dying in their unsafe mines and factories."
One side of the crowd stirred; a Guild patrol was approaching.
Perhaps, everything would have been fine; perhaps, the patrol would have felt the mood, counted the number of mining tools and crushingly strong steam-powered limbs in the square, and prudently decided to pass them by, selectively ignoring the posters proclaiming the Guild to be nothing but Sheep.
Until somebody threw a stone.

Next, four Freikorps - A Trapper, Von Schill, a Librarian, and a Freikorpsmann.

And a slightly better look at the symbols on the base of the Librarian - the four major suits of Malifaux; Rams, Crows, Tomes, and Masks.

Finally, Angelica, Mistress of Ceremonies!

I'm quite pleased by how her face and makeup turned out, along with the flesh tones visible through her stockings and gloves.

So that's Jurnal, Aetherium Flag, and Backstory.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 31, 2015

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

M&SU represent! :respek:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of August a Malifaux Ironsides box - Ironsides, the Captain, Mouse, and three Oxfordian Mages

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Red Shoe posted:

First Place, 3 Points: Schmetterling

I really like the scheme on your battle librarian. The gold and purple go well together while the brighter colors stand out but don't overwhelm the overall look. Good subtle highlighting on the large armor plates, too.

:yayclod: thank you so much! I've been told that it's one of my best models so far. :3:

which is good, seeing as it's a kickstarter-only model that now sells for over $100 on eBay...

Purple and gold might not be typical mercenary colours, but they sure look fancy.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! 12x 30mm wooden markers, and a converted Howard Langston (now Henrietta) from Malifaux

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Addition (Again!): Malifaux Brass Arachnid (and currently separated base)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!
For Speedpainting

Prettier pictures will come later, when I've finished the other models I've oathed.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

For next month's theme, would a character from a videogame be acceptable? Games are sort of like TV and movies.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oaths Complete!

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of August a Malifaux Ironsides box - Ironsides, the Captain, Mouse, and three Oxfordian Mages

The whole crew:

Toni Ironsides, the master:

The Captain, the henchman:

Mouse, the totem:

And the three Oxfordian Mages, OSL wizards:
Red Mage (with fancy translucent red bonesium flame!)

Green Mage!

And last but certainly not least, Purple Mage!

Schmetterling posted:

Oath addition! 12x 30mm wooden markers, and a converted Howard Langston (now Henrietta) from Malifaux

12 glittery, blue, Arcanist scheme markers:

And Lady Henrietta Langston:
(I bought a pot of Blood for the Blood God this month, can you tell?)

I've tried to paint blueish streaks under her skin, coming from her metal claw arms, as I imagine that they would not be very healthy limbs. In this shot you can sort of see some of the slight OSL I've added, coming from the furnace on her back. There's a similar effect on both sides of her left arm's giant claw too. Fun fact: The furnace on her back is an original part from the Howard Langston sprue; it's supposed to go under the metal spider body!

Schmetterling posted:

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!
For Speedpainting

Prettier pictures will come later, when I've finished the other models I've oathed.
Aforementioned prettier pictures:

So that's I Rolled A Six for the scheme markers, and the [b]Jurnal for the [b]OSL on the three Oxfordian Mages, the converted Howard Langston, and the Brass Arachnid.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of September a Malifaux Envy model
(Modified to be female and remarkably similar to one of the Sona skins from League of Legends)
((For some reason there's a dj table in the giant steam tank instead of a keyboard?))

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! A Reaper dancer (proxy Malifaux Ice Dancer)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I've converted the Malifaux model "Envy" so that it's no longer a tiny old man pianist, but is instead DJ-NV, the hottest new DJ in all of Malifaux! The conversion is loosely based on Arcade Sona from League of Legends, for the Jurnal of including something from a video game.

I know I hosed up a lot of things on the model, not least her gigantic eyes. Unfortunately I didn't leave myself enough time to redo it this month, so you guys get to see the first draft, crazy eyes and all. I wasn't sure what to do on the music sheets, but eventually decided that "MINE MINE MINE GIVE IT TO ME" seems pretty envy-appropriate, and easy enough to fit on the tiny pages. The turntable is an original part of the model - I have no idea why it was there, when the fluff describes the giant steam spider organ thing as having a semi-circular keyboard.

I'm using the Reaper Dancer as a proxy for the unreleased Malifaux "Ice Dancer" model, featuring the same blue skin, silver jewellery, and lack of clothing as the original art.

It's weird that I managed to do acceptable skin tones in blue, but not in real people colours.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of October one Malifaux Seisin

It's a ghostly spirit, and my Kirai crew is black and white (with a splash of red) so it should be perfect for the challenge.

I didn't realise my bf's keyboard was so grosssssssss

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

My spoooooky black-and-white Seishin is ready to scare the children of Malifaux for the Challenge.

Bonus pic with a flame for colour, to prove it's actually all b&w

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I got mail!

My major prize from last thread, a fancy airbrush!
Along with a literal handful of fancy brushes from earlier this year!

Thanks to the thread sponsors that make these prizes possible :3:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Reaper Bones evil swordsman guy

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Armour resplendent with festive painted skulls, Skulldor Skullman eagerly held his skullsword aloft as he strode through the riotous colour of the leaf-covered forest floor.

With his brightly painted spikeshield, he was sure to win the heart of a lady skullarian at the harvest fair.

Challenge completed with the painted skull, Day of the Dead theme, and harvest/autumn basing.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for December a Malifaux Ice Golem and three Ice Gamin

Running late, but I'll get there!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

The Jurnal is the Ice Golem's festive red hat.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, oath for the month of January an original metal Malifaux Rasputina model

I'll see if I can fit anything else in when she's done, otherwise I've been building some bases for my Dark Carnival box so they might come out for Feb.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:parrot: Oath Complete! :parrot:

One icy Rasputina for the Jurnal.

Her blue cloak started seeping into the snow and I don't know how to fix it :(

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, oath one Reaper Bones Succubus and one Reaper Bones Owlbear for February

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

The Barn Owlbear is leaping for the Theme.

Probably :nws: if you enlarge the thumbnail, the succubus wears her heart on her chest for the Theme.

I wanted to do a non-red demon, and I think the blues and purples came out well.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for March this tiny Reaper Bones familiar tree spirit thing

Coming in on the wire, this little guy will represent Spring growth not only in being a tiny tree, but also in indicating that I survived this awful week of health problems and am not dead!

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 1, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I added a little flower to be more spring-like for the Theme.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of April a Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux 1st Edition Mechanical Attendant

I'll be trying to copy the box art for this one, and then see if I can fit any more models in around uni stuff.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! A reaper bones fountain(?) and a reaper bones chest with coins

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:parrot:Oath Complete!:parrot:

For the Skill Challenge I tried following a tutorial to paint marble on the fountain for the first time. It didn't go very well... I can always try again though. I've also got Money represented in the treasure chest!

I've also done Box Art on the mechanical attendant, based on the Wyrd paint job from first edition. It also has a birthday hat and present because it was a birthday gift, so now it is a birthday robot.

All for One!

Including my painted KR Multicase!

I'm surprised by how many models I painted this year. I've slowed down considerably as uni stuff kicked in, but early in the year I was doing whole crew boxes!

May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
January
February
March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

OATH COMPLETE

THEME - Impasto Impressionism - by way of BACKSTORY

That's fantastic! I really, really like how this turned out.

• Locked thread