Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Pyrolocutus posted:

By Dark Tone, you mean "Dark Tone Ink"? I haven't used it before, just been using P3's core washes as well as diluted P3 paints as effective washes. I'll take a look next time I go to the FLGS though, see if they have it in stock (likely).

Pretty sure El Estrago Bonito means Army Painter Quickshade, which comes in three tones, it's basically a darkened gloss varnish that you can dip your minis in to quite literally quickly shade them, as well as protect them - just add a coat of matt varnish on top to take away the shine.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

(sorry, Australians - YOU guys only are specifically allowed to swap around the themes to fit your seasonal weather: January Summer Holidays; February Feeling Hot; May Harvest Time; July C-C-Cold; September Springtime;)

Not sure I'm quite seeing your proposed pattern, but to me the best way to go is to swap May <-> November (what deciduous trees we have turn orange in April/May, School year ends November/December), June <-> January, and August <-> March (Spring takes off August/October, March is often the hottest month of the year), and all of the other months have fixed date themes that are also valid down here like Halloween, Xmas, taxes, etc. That's how I'm planning to do it at least.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 5, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, for April in the year of our Scruntlord 2015 and first month of Season 6, Oath to paint

• 5 Ogre Warriors w/ one handed weapons, 3 Ogre Shooters and 3 Ogre Boomers by Mantic (28mm)
  • Hill Giants Krug and Golan by Reaper (25mm)

All for Kings of War by Mantic

Eagle eyes will spot a 6th Warrior already painted - he was my test paint for a scheme last year. Kings of War is multibased, so he'll be joining the other 5 warriors on one base and I'll use an arrow or something to point out which one he is in the final photo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Also, SPONSOR UPDATE!

KR Multicase
Returning thread sponsor!

:woop:

KR make great cases, I need to get more as soon as I find work

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

I've got a bunch of emails to get to, but I've gotten emails from both you guys - I'm trying to work through emails in the order I've received them, so I'll be getting to everyone as quickly as I can!

I emailed you too fyi, but I sent it before you specified an email subject to use

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

And another Sponsor Announcement!

Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Sable Brushes
is another Returning thread sponsor!

They will be supplying monthly prize packs of top-quality brushes and (I think) also a big Grand Prize pack!

Springer-Pinsel are a German company that has been around for over 100 years and is still a family-run concern. They are the OEM supplier for Army Painter (the white-handled brushes) and make a huge range of brushes for artists in over a dozen different disciplines.
:toot:

Hey Krushgroove, is the achievements list in the OP complete? ie are you dumping a bunch of the previous ones? Also is the wiki still going to be used?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

NEW SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Wargames Tournaments
is another NEW sponsor!
Their ebay store
Their Facebook page

I saw pictures of these guys at Salute, they had the most awesome Orky fort going on

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Just Getting Back Into The Hobby. Oathing For JUNE

Warhammer 40k
5 Close Combat Terminators (Home-Brew Dark Angels Successor Chapter)

Firestorm Armada
Directorate Fleet Box

Better to tell you now rather than wait for Krushgroove - your oath photo needs to have the worldtimeserver website on a scree/tablet/phone set to American Samoa in it to count. Also I don't think they accept oaths for a month until that month has actually started.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

That sucks considering all I have for camera/Web browser is my phone.

Guess I'm screwed til I can buy/borrow a camera. I get why it's that way but man that's going to be tricky for me to do when my only camera/Web Access device are the same thing.

If your phone has a front facing camera for video calls, you could use that and a mirror

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

OATH COMPLETE according to the countdown clock i still have 3 minutes

The weather is so cold the dirt paste on my bases refuses to dry, so here they are unbased

I am incredibly pissed off with my brother right now, because his insatiable need to bullshit about his piss ant football team at me cost me time, damage and missing parts with just 2 hours until deadline

I'll post redone photos on their bases later if I'm allowed

Claiming my :australia: right to swap seasonal challenges, so May <-> November means I've painted skulls on the shields of my Ogre Warriors, you can see one and part of others in the photo above

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

OATH COMPLETE according to the countdown clock i still have 3 minutes

The weather is so cold the dirt paste on my bases refuses to dry, so here they are unbased

I am incredibly pissed off with my brother right now, because his insatiable need to bullshit about his piss ant football team at me cost me time, damage and missing parts with just 2 hours until deadline

I'll post redone photos on their bases later if I'm allowed

Claiming my :australia: right to swap seasonal challenges, so May <-> November means I've painted skulls on the shields of my Ogre Warriors, you can see one and part of others in the photo above

Ok, now that the paste has finally goddamn dried, I've been able to superglue the already completed minis to their base. They still don't have any flock, but that's not as important as waiting for my bottle of Pledge Future Shine to arrive and seal them first - it's gonna be some tall flock, don't want varnish glooping it all together.

Why yes, that boomer is missing a head. Not pictued is me severing the head of my brother, for surprising me with yet another witticism about his undefeated, top of the table football team that he won't loving shut up about just as i was lifting my paint tray with one hand and trying not to spill a dicky bottle of citadel nuln oil with the other. The actual Ogre head has fallen into the vortex.

Back centre is a previously oathed mini, ie not part of this months oath or judging

Various skulls for my challenge claim - front: human, demon, goblin, back: ork, naiiad, dwarf

Do we still have the themed group thing?

With permission I'll edit these in, otherwise I'll just leave them here

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No worries, gonna keep posting whole group pics anyway because rule of cool :c00lbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Point of order Mister Speaker; I know it's :airquote:summer:airquote:, but does ice count as water for this challenge, or does it need to be proper 'liquid' water?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Eh...people do skiing holidays, so ice can count, yeah. But I thought you were going to do crazy upsidey-down Australian climate alternate themes?

Oh right, I forgot I'm switching June with January :v:

Point withdrawn Mister Speaker!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, Oath to pain for June

1 Urban Pattern Iron Ancestor and 9 Forge Guard for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

...and 1 KR multicase :mmmhmm:

That's 1 each of a Huscarl, w/ Magma Cannon, w/ Hailstorm Autocannon, and w/ Missile launcher, plus 5 regular Forge Guard

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Woo, surprise contest :dance: In that case

OATH ADDITION

1 Mitigator Light Vector by Privateer Press for Warmachine (28mm)

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, Oath to pain for June

1 Urban Pattern Iron Ancestor and 9 Forge Guard for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

...and 1 KR multicase :mmmhmm:

That's 1 each of a Huscarl, w/ Magma Cannon, w/ Hailstorm Autocannon, and w/ Missile launcher, plus 5 regular Forge Guard

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Very weird, but they do have smartphone apps if you're using your phone.

I installed the imgur smart phone app, but it was so clunky and unintuitive that I couldn't figure out how to upload a photo I'd already taken, so I went back to using the website instead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:refurb: OATH COMPLETE :refurb:

Unbased, because my Basius II pads still haven't arrived yet, despite being due in April

Claiming Privateer Press competition, and using my :australia: card to swap and claim the January winter Challenge with this snowy base.

Claiming KR Competition, can anyone guess what I painted? :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Frontline FAT Mats are awesome, I own three (Space, Barren, Alpine), they're fantastic to game on and look great

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

plus it's called a banner by the manufacturer of the model, so a banner it is!

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Waiting for Knight Models to make a Bruce Banner mini :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for July

A Rogues Gallery: Aqissiaq, Bjarn Starnafall, Boomer the Hobgoblin Grenadier, Chovar Psychic, Eddak P'mera, Nem'Rath, Chief Radgrad, Sergeant Howlett, and The Survivor, all Mercs for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

OATH COMMPLETE

Really lovely time of day to take photos and I can't get the light right, but I'm heading out, so no choice

Bjarn Starnafall

Sgt. Howlett, claiming Box art, http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/mercenaries/product/enforcer-sergeant-howlett.html

Chief Radgrad

Aqissiaq

The Survivor

Nem Rath

Boomer

Chovar Psychic

Eddak P'Meara

It's like some kind of Deadzone Suicide Squad

Claiming the challlenge with this hard to paint, and harder to photograph Australian flag on the shoulder of the Survivor

Do I get entry into the special comp for my Suicide Squad sent by Australia? :buddy:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Can we add stuff to our oaths as we go? I might have one or two more figures for Frostgrave I want to add in later on, if that's OK.

You just need to quote your oath post, put OATH ADDITION at the top and add a timestamped photo of the next thing you want to paint

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for the month of August

6 Ogre warriors with two handed weapons, 3 Ogre shooters, 3 Ogre boomers, and an Ogre standard bearer, all for Kings of War by Mantic (28mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Uroboros posted:

Krushgroove, you accepted my May Oath, but missed the completion post.

Just checked, same for me.

Also for July, but I gahter that's not up to date yet

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Sorry about that, and as lovestick replied he's the one maintaining the spreadsheet. Please do check the spreadsheet at least once a month if you're going for points! Also it'll help make sure that your photos are included in the monthly photo albums, as I use the links from the spreadsheet to get the Oath Complete pictures for everyone.

My photos were in the album when I checked at the time, which is why I didn't bother checking the spreadsheet itself until now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lovestick posted:

NTRabbit, I believe you did not get points for may because your original oath here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=189023#post444929956

and you post for the completed oath, bases and all as mentioned in your original post, were after the deadline here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=189023#post446022366

This was my oath complete post, and it's before the deadline

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=446017522#post446017522

The post you linked was just additional photos for the album if krushgroove was willing to take them

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Got an exam tomorrow that's more important, so unfortunately oath failed :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, oath to paint for the month of September

1 Tower Ruin, 1 Frontier Stone Tower with removable thatched roof, and 1 Orc Hut Amongst The Rocks, by Acheson Creations (28mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

[
Glaug Battlepod which is from the Robotech series and is my Technical Jurnal, plus the colours and style are based on http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/glaug.htm (I've already claimed Box Art though) - the lining turned out a bit rougher than I'd like but this kit is super detailed for it's size. Also a pain to assemble, no wonder this game didn't take off as a mass battle game. Thanks again to NTRabbit for sending me this last season!

Boosh, it looks just like Khyron's :buddy:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

OATH ADDITION

1 Numenera Raster by Reaper (25mm)

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, oath to paint for the month of September

1 Tower Ruin, 1 Frontier Stone Tower with removable thatched roof, and 1 Orc Hut Amongst The Rocks, by Acheson Creations (28mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Thanks for making my oathed tower look like total rear end in comparison :smith:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oath Complete!

Holy gently caress you guys this page is killing my imgur upload/download speed, I can't even preview my own photo uploads, how big are all these photos?

Anyway

Claiming the challenge and :siren: Anime is TV too!:siren: with my Numenera Raster, painted up to look like

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

KR are the best! :woop:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, do oath to paint for the month of October

3 Barrow Wardens, an Order of the Scourge Hellknight, an Anti Paladin, and an Order of the Nail Hellknight by Reaper (25mm)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming the challenge with all my evil armoured warrior dudes painted up like :ghost: spooky ghosts :ghost: to pull double duty as Wights in Kings of War, and Wraiths in Frostgrave

Because I don't own a smoke machine, you get spooky colours courtesy of my Ikea LED light bars instead

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, return from the wilderness to oath for December

1x Vending Machine, 1x 1" barrier, and 1x 3" barrier, all by Underground Lasers (28mm)

Quick colour test by hand, before I prime and block the whole bloody lot of MDF in January with my airbrush.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:coolspot: OATH COMPLETE :coolspot:

Does the two shade red stop sign constitute enough for the challenge? Not that it matters a whole lot, being nowhere near a place in the points.

Bonus cool points for anyone who can place the soda machine colour scheme :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quality prize, thanks LordAba!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Has anyone else who won a prize in the 'paint a KR case' competition received anything yet? Just realised it's been 3 months since the winners were announced

• Locked thread