Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:May Judgement!:siren:

Third Place: SRM, 1 point

You managed to make these old doofy robots look great. I love me some hazard stripes, and it all pops in just the most wonderfully 90's way.

Second Place: MasterSlowPoke, 2 points

Oldcrons are bestcrons, and your kitbash of old, new, and IoB high elf parts really make them unique. Your painting ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

First Place: JerryLee, 3 points

I'm absolutely in love with these. The color choices, the various bits and bobs, and the heads really bring it all together. The lightning effects alone are some serious pro poo poo right there.

Bonus Point: Kerzoro, 1 point

You saw that school bus theme challenge and rolled with it. It looks kind of orky, so if that's what you were going for, you did it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: June Judging! :siren:

Third Place: Weirdo, 1pt

What an excellent use of spare hammers! The reference is spot on, and I really like that it has a seat too, and makes me wonder if you'll ever make a dwarf king to sit on it. Hint hint!

Second Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 2pts

This is some pro poo poo right here. Getting it to look comic-like with that shading really makes it pop.

First Place: Dr. Gargunza, 3pts

Hahaha I love it. The bottles alone really catch the eye (how DID you do that?), and hawaii-partying ork looks so fashionable in that shirt of his.

Bonus Point: Gareth Gobulcoque

Surfing lich lord is pretty :krad:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Let's do it on time! Oathing a full Destroyer Cult: 6 Destroyers, 6 Heavy Destroyers, and a Destroyer Lord! All GW.

Oh god all those old metal Destroyers :stonk:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

bencreateddisco posted:

I, bencreateddisco, oath for August, this block of pikes, which will form the core of my KoW army.

You need to post a timestamp there, broski!

See: every other oath submission thus far. Put them by a phone or PC/laptop/tablet with the World Time Server on there set to American Samoan and you're good. Also, list how many models it is too.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Still needs to be American Samoa time!

I'd just lay a sheet of paper over the laptop and set the models on there instead of trying to go for that kind of awkward camera angle. It's just easier that way.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

On the flipside, I just got my KR Multicase in today!

It's the backpack version too, which I'd been eying off and on for a while now. It didn't come with any extra swag as far as I can tell, but that's perfectly fine by me and is more than enough to fit all my warhamms in.

So, thanks to KR and Krushgroove for the totally awesome prize!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: July Judging! :siren:

Third Place: Indolent Bastard, 1pt

Of course dwarves would be canadian! That's a really nice, crisp maple leaf too, and the white and red is really smooth and unblemished. Good job!

Second Place: Germ, 2pts

If I played FoW I'd totally do this. Having Captain America lead the force is great, and really makes him stand out. Plus, the little star on his chest is cute!

First Place: Arson Fire, 3pts

Man. MAN. As a former Tyranid player this is easily one of the best iterations of Behemoth I've seen. You handled that big boy like a pro and I keep going back to it and going "this is really freakin' good."

Bonus Point: Dr. Gargunza

You made what is normally a pretty ugly model into an enjoyably silly centerpiece. The reference on the back reminds me of a certain grogs.txt superstar too.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: August Judgement! :siren:

Third Place: MasterSlowPoke, 1pt

An excellent use of old parts to get a Destroyer Lord! He's got a regal, imposing look, which really helps make him stand out as Very Important.

Second Place: Schmetterling, 2pts

On a technical level your OSL is pretty good--kind of blocky, and could do with some blending, but otherwise does the job. But it's very bold and gives the models a lot of pop, and really distinguished visual flair, and with this model in particular I commend the use of the reaper flame bit. Next time, try adding an LED through the bottom!

First Place: Nesbit37, 3pts

The whole group of Ents are great, but this guy really popped out to me. Your use of glow effects and the look of terror and pain really adds a lot of character to such a small piece!

Bonus Point: Weirdo

Okay, you got a laugh out of me, you cheeky little bastard.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren:September Judgment!:siren:

Third: WhiteOutMouse, 1 points

:wom: kickin' it with the stylistic choice of pink and beige.

2nd Place: JerryLee, 2 point

Your skin tone is spot-on to the game, and your overall painting really improved an old, goofy model. Rip and tear!

First Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 3 points

Your glow effects are fantastic, and you really made them look like their movie counterparts.

Bonus Point: Dr. Gargunza, 1 point

Okay, I laughed. You crazy bastard.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren:October Judging!:siren:

Third Place: Zark the Damned, 1pt

I really wish I'd known about these before I made my own Wights! They 100% look the part, and the freehand on the shoulder pads is top notch.

Second Place: Ugleb, 2pts

The weathering on this is drat impressive. The sparse highlights really makes it distinct, and it all blends together into a nice, cohesive whole.

First Place: Germ, 3pts

You're some kind of painting wizard, dude. That thing looks straight up like it came from a cartoon, and I mean that in the best way!

Bonus Point: Nesbit37, 1pt

drat, dude. That's a lot of models!

Edit: also, school is starting to wind down for me so I should be getting on the ball for judging pretty soon. I haven't forgotten about this thread, I've just been very busy.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

Sadly I must rescind my oath and fall into oath-breaker status because I somehow lost his goddamn arms

That never stopped Abaddon :v:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren:November Judging!:siren:

Third Place: Uroboros, 1pt

Nice, crisp, clean lines on these terminators make them stand out. Keep it up! Push for filling in some of the minor details and you'll have some really great-looking dudes to throw down.

Second Place: Nesbit37, 2pts

While everything you painted that month is great, this one really caught my eye. The birch tree pattern looks spot-on, and the orange is a lovely contrast with the bark color.

First Place: Arson Fire, 3pts

The blending on this is some seriously pro-level poo poo, dude. I've always liked the Behemoth paint scheme, and you do it justice with this beastie!

Bonus Point: Zark the Damned, 1pt

Old-school Predators are great. Old-school Predators with flaming skulls are fuckin' rad.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: December Oath :siren

3rd Place: Ledgem, 1pt

I've seen this model many times unpainted or half-painted, so to see a fully-painted one is a treasure in and of itself. The pink flesh looks unpleasant (which is a good thing!), and the purple offers a nice contrast to the rest of the model. I'd love to see it with better lighting, though!

2nd Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 2pts

The blending on the skirt is stunning, and your skin tone is excellent as well. The wings leave something to be desired, but I'm assuming that's more the work of the model itself rather than your own painting skills.

1st Place: Germ, 3pts

I continue to be amazed at how well you blend tones together, and how easily recognizable a style you have. There's a kind of cell-shaded, cartoonish, paintery style to all your work that is wonderful to look at. You've managed to make a simple and somewhat overused color scheme pop and look unique.

Bonus Point: Dr. Gargunza

I've eyed this model for a while and I'm glad someone here has painted him. He oozes character. You also did great with the white, which is a tricky color in and of itself!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: January Oaths! :siren:

3rd Place: Moths, 1pt

I'm a big fan of the color blue, and your work on these old-school DE really caught my eye. Their purple-pale skin offers a nice contrast to the blue and makes them striking.

2nd Place: Uroboros, 2pts

Your Ultras continue to impress me with their clear, consistent paint jobs and attention to small details.

1st Place: SRM, 3pts

You seriously make some of the best dang orks around. The skin color has the right amount of richness to it, and the glazing around the eyes and lips really give it some life.

Bonus Point: Galaspar, 1pt

I really like the work you did on here. A more minimalist approach to Death Guard, but in a way that I think really enhances their appearance. I also dig that power sword on the chaplain.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren:February Judging!:siren:

Third Place: WhiteOutMouse, 1pt

I love the bold choice of colors. It really makes them stand out while making them look gross!

Second Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 2pts

The color choices compliment each other very well, and the highlighting on them is nothing short of masterful.

First Place: MasterSlowPoke, 3pts

Not only did you manage to actually paint one of those giant thrones, you also did it exceptionally well! Tying it in with Hocus Pocus made my day too, and seems like such a natural fit.

Bonus Point: Germ, 1pt

Something about the front of that just made me giggle like an idiot.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: March Judgment! :siren:

3rd Place: Jadebullet, 1pt

When I was a kid, my neighbor had the Mutant Chronicles board game, and I distinctly remember a much smaller, less detailed version of this guy. You did a 10x better job than my 12-year-old self ever did, and I especially love the firey transition from orange to black on the spiked ball. Really good job!

2nd Place: SRM, 2pts

Grot Tanks are some of the coolest poo poo available, and you really got that kind of chaotic mish-mashed look down pat. I want to see you and Germ put your vehicles against each other!

1st Place: Germ, 3pts

I've spoken at length about how much I love your painting technique, and they really shine with your Mad Max-esque vehicles.

Bonus Point: Gareth Gobulcoque, 1pt

God drat, dude. God loving drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: April Judgment! :siren:

3rd Place: Arson Fire, 1pt

This is a really tidy paint job, with a good transition on the blue and an eye-catching base.

2nd Place: JAdebullet, 2pts

Heck of a good paint job. The runes especially make it jump out. I like to think I have steady hands, but hot drat!

1st Place: Moths, 3pts

This has a kind of grungy Blanche-like look to it that I find really endearing, and wouldn't look out of place in a 90's White Dwarf. It helps that I love this model and have a copy of my own. Excellent job.

Bonus Point: Schmetterling, 1pt

That robot's hat is so :allears:

• Locked thread