Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Yay new season time!

A couple of comments on the OP that might avoid confusion:

krushgroove posted:

Usernames in Oath Complete pictures are now REQUIRED to earn points towards the year-end total.
Put your user name into the picture of your model and you get another point. You get the idea!
These two lines seem confusing when read together. One suggests I'd get zero points without a name, and the other suggests I'd just be missing a bonus point without a name.

krushgroove posted:

Speed painting!
How fast can you paint one model? AFTER your oath is approved, take two pictures with the worldtimeserver.com website clearly in the background of your picture: one at the start of your painting session with your single-color model, and one at the end of your painting session with a completed model! The base does not need to be done to be called 'completed', but remember that if all your models are based you do get a point for basing. The time stamps on the worldtimeserver.com site must be within 24 hours of each other. No extra points for quickest painting time! That would be too hard to prove without video.
The bonus point for basing has been removed, right? If so, this needs updating

krushgroove posted:

February: It’s Leap Year!
  • technical challenge:
  • theme challenge: paint a model that is leaping, jumping or soaring!
February is missing a technical challenge

And finally, shameless promotion for http://oath-countdown.appspot.com/ where you can get a easy 'how long have I got left in my timezone?' countdown. I'll change it up to account for the removal of the t-7 day oathing rule in the next few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Let's get this going then...

For May, I oath these three Ork Nobz

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm. I've never allowed that before. Here are three reasons why I hesitate:
-There's only one prize draw, so if I allow Whalesing of previous-year oaths, the entries could gradually become saturated by the painters who have been Oathing the longest. I'd rather newcomers have a similar chance at prizes.
-Previous years' oath threads eventually get archived. I have archives access, but many goons don't, so it would become difficult to verify the previous years' entries against a claim for Whales in the current year.
-If you have forever to go back and Whales an oath, it'll be easier to put it off... forever. An incentive to revisit your failed oaths sooner (e.g., this year) might be the best way to get us procrastinators to finish things.

That said, if there's a strong push by others to get old oaths in for Whalesing, I'm open to being convinced.

How about a cutoff for failed-oaths - say anything from the final 3 months of the previous season can be carried over? (I don't how long it takes a thread to get archived - that might still be too long). I'd argue for something like this because we'd allow a fail from month 1 to be whale'd almost a year later in month 12, but a failure in month 11 or 12 is almost/completely impossible to save. I don't know if thespaceinvader's failed oath would fall within this span though...

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Germ posted:

drat. That's a really good looking murder of Khorne daemons. Assuming, of course, that the proper noun for a gathering of Khorne daemons is a murder.
A field of Khorne? A Khorne field of murder?

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Oath Complete!

Claiming yellow jurnal for the ork wearing yellow on the left.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Perfect top-of-page post. That thing is so orky :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

krushgroove posted:

PRIZES HAVE STARTED GOING IN THE MAIL
(some of these have already been received)
Deanut Pancer - Springer-Pinsel brushes (plus your Princeps)
Grey Hunter - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Uggleb - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Red Shoe - Springer-Pinsel brushes
LazyAngel - Springer-Pinsel brushes & Badger Minitaire Quarterly prize
NTRabbit - Springer-Pinsel brushes
O. A. in Florida (by way of another country) (sorry I don't have your username handy!) - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Zark the Damned - Springer-Pinsel brushes
Just to let you know, my stuff has arrived. Thanks very much for picking up the Princeps for me.

• Locked thread