Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
I am so excited! This is my first year on the oath thread and I'm really looking forward to the push it will give my painting progress! Oath forthcoming when I get home to my painting lair!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I, Lord Thrust, oath, with meager ability and as much yellow as I can muster, this 28mm GW Chaos Spawn for May 2015. May the ruinous powers speed my hand.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming 6-pack and May Challenge as the spawn is an octopussy yellow.
First Oath Ever!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Do bodily fluids count as water? They're mostly composed of water. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to use my own bodily fluids, but perhaps represent some blood, phlegm, pus, or other various excretions on a mini or marker. Would that count for the June Challenge?

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Water it is. That said, I may not want to hang out near a sea of blood, but there is no telling what those wacky space mans of the grimdark future may choose to do. Oh wait, they never vacation. THERE IS ONLY WARCATION!!!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

JerryLee posted:

if I had the time, the appropriate parts, etc. I would totally model Kharn kicked back in a beach chair by the side of a blood ocean

That's the spirit!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Well said!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I, Lord Thrust, Oath for June 2015 this custom objective marker made with Games Workshop bits from the 28mm Chaos Space Marine Possessed, and Chaos Space Marine Terminator Lord kits.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Hey krushgroove,
I just checked out the points spreadsheet and it shows I have no points! Maybe I got confused with one of the many other Lords on here because I completed my oath, included my name in the picture and painted it yellow. Am I reading the spreadsheet wrong? Did I not submit correctly? If I did something wrong, let me know so I don't do it this month as well. I have obsessively read the rules a million times, but it's my first year so I'm bound to mess it up at some point.

Thank you!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Lord Thrust posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming 6-pack and May Challenge as the spawn is an octopussy yellow.
First Oath Ever!

Lord Thrust posted:

Hey krushgroove,
I just checked out the points spreadsheet and it shows I have no points! Maybe I got confused with one of the many other Lords on here because I completed my oath, included my name in the picture and painted it yellow. Am I reading the spreadsheet wrong? Did I not submit correctly? If I did something wrong, let me know so I don't do it this month as well. I have obsessively read the rules a million times, but it's my first year so I'm bound to mess it up at some point.

Thank you!

I thought it might be helpful to link the oath complete post from May.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

lovestick posted:

Lord Thrust your points have been fixed. :toot:

Thank you kindly.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!
Claiming I rolled a six! as this is a relic objective marker and June technical challenge because there is evil water in the pool of evil from which the evil hand is rising holding an evil book. Evil.

The book comes off of the hand so it can be taken as the relic, for those of you familiar with the WH40K relic mission.

Lord Thrust fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 30, 2015

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I, Lord Thrust, oath this 28mm GW Chaos Cultist for July 2015.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Oath Complete! Claiming July Jurnal for the flag.

This is still good for July right? It's 1:11 a.m. Aug 1 locally, but earlier in Samoa. This is my first one under the wire!

Lord Thrust fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 1, 2015

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

lovestick posted:

Hey folks, I'll have the spreadsheet updated on Thursday! Please feel free to keep posting them up and we'll make sure all the past oaths from previous months are caught up.

Thanks Lovestick! I just did a review and saw that I didn't get my I Rolled a 6! point for June. I figure my July points will get added on your Thursday update, but the June achievement must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Let me know if I need to show you anything. Appreciate the work filling out that beast.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I Lord Thrust Oath this very metal 28mm GW Noise Marine. for the month of August 2015.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Oath Complete!

Claiming August Jurnal for the shot at OSL on the green tubes and speakers. What I didn't have in quality I made up in quantity of sources, I guess.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I Lord Thrust oath, for September 2015, this GW 28mm Chaos Cultist

He will look like Caillou, the Canadian children's television character, gone terribly wrong.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

This is your Caillou:

This is your Caillou on Chaos:

I claim the September theme for the tribute to my children's one time favorite TV show, Caillou. If you've never seen it, don't.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

For November I, Lord Thrust, oath one 28mm Forgeworld Sonic Dreadnought.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Oath Complete!

I'm Claiming Day of the Dead Theme Challenge for the festive skulls shown here:

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I Lord Thrust Oath, for December 2015, one 28mm custom impaled Eldar from GW.

If I get this done I'll claim the speed painting points. Day off Daddy-O!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Oath Complete! Claiming the December Journal for the Saim-Hann red color scheme, and Speed Painting for getting this done in a day.

Here are some slightly better pictures.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Lord Thrust posted:

Oath Complete!

I'm Claiming Day of the Dead Theme Challenge for the festive skulls shown here:

Hey Lovestick, the spreadsheet says Missing Picture for my November Oath, but here's the post with the picture. Cool? Thanks!

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

I, Lord Thrust, oath one slightly converted 28mm Beastman from GW for January.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Oath Complete

I'm claiming the January technical challenge for the white Goat Man of Sphinctus Prime. He's a test model for some beastigors I'm going to use as cultists.
I apologize for my monthly bad pics. I'm using the Oath Thread as a force to try new things and get something, even one mini, done each month. This year I'm going for consistency of completing oaths, next year I'll work on mini photography. One more down!

Lord Thrust fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

krushgroove posted:

OK, thread stuff!

I'd like to put out an open call for Judges! One of our Judges (well, one for now) is retiring from his lifetime appointment, so if anyone would like to step up and help out by doling out points for personal favors...get in touch! krushgroove169@gmail.com Judges are able to Oath and take part in everything, but aren't eligible for points or prizes.

Also, this is the last month of season SIX of the Oath Thread! Wow. After the usual mid-season doldrums I'm happy to continue with season SEVEN, so let's work our way through a few housekeeping things here...

finding and contacting sponsors: me, I'm happy to continue doing this and if anyone knows someone at a game or model supply company please let me know!

Oath accepting: me again, I think I may have a volunteer for this but no biggie!

Keeper of the Points/Spreadheet: Zark, as he's happy to continue doing this (THANKS so much!)

Judges: again, we're looking for at least one, so if anyone wants to step up let me know

Save Da Whales: I assume Leperflesh is still OK to continue this under the same rules he's been using?

Other user-provided prizes/contests: these are awesome and massively appreciated by everyone! We get a few of these every season and I want to encourage as many of you as possible to do things like retro model contests, themed contests and that sort of thing. I will want to limit these to just one per month, which shouldn't be an issue, so please get in touch with me first before you announce something, just so we can coordinate and make sure we don't have two goon contests in the same month. For May, Zark the Damned is going to have first crack with a pretty cool-sounding contest! I'll let him write up how it's going to work so you can get prepared.

OK, now the stuff you guys are interested in:
Prizes! Some of you have been waiting patiently to get your prizes from a while back, and I still have your prizes. However, please drop me an email with your info and what you've been expecting. I'll freely admit my specialty is more in talking to suppliers rather than recordkeeping, so just in case it will help me make sure you get what you're due.

Rules! I'm intending on keeping the rules the same and not changing much (if anything at all), but if anyone has ideas on how to streamline or update the rules, let me know! I don't want to do wholesale changes for the sake of 'new and shiney' but let's discuss what we can do to make the Oath Thread even more inclusive and welcoming.

Monthly Themes: If anyone has input on what they'd like to see, change or update, let me know. I'm going to try to swap things around a little so they're fresh, but I'm not sure how much I can move around. I would like some help from anyone who's so inclined to write up a fun intro, like Mr. Green who we had guiding us through the monthly Oaths. If someone wants to do this, please...get in touch!

You are a great host, sir, and I sincerely appreciate your time and efforts. This was my first year participating, and I fell off a little the past two months, but this thread has pushed me to try painting and modeling techniques I never would have tried without the context.

• Locked thread