Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for May 2015:
5 Bad Moon Meganobz, GW, 28mm

Gonna be doing a few small Oaths at the start of the season as I'm gonna be moving house soon and don't want to be packing/unpacking a ton of stuff to paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

As I said in the Season 5 thread, everyone who was drawn previously can email me at krushgroove169@gmail.com, (please use the words 'Oath Thread' in the subject, and make sure to let me know your user name). Even if you haven't claimed your prize since last May, you're able to claim any Monthly or Quarterly prize until the end of May - anything unclaimed will be put in the prize pool for Season 6!

I done emailed you but not had a response yet. Did you receive it or should I try again?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Great news on the new sponsor! I love the statue based on the old DnD cover, that'd make a great prize :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: Oath Addition :siren:

Adding one Gnome to my Oath. 28mm, unknown manufacturer (possibly very old GW)

Going for Speed Painting on this one 'cause I need him for tomorrow's XCrawl :)

Loving the idea for the sponsor contests. I have a KR case somewhere around here, need to think up something to do with it...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nope

The OP posted:

The deadline to post new Oaths has been removed. Now, you can Oath any time right up to the very end of the month - but you must post your Oath Complete picture in a different post before midnight (still American Samoa time).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Meganobz with plenty of Yellow for the Technical Jurnal

Dirk Magnusson, Gnome Adventurer Extraordinaire, Master of a Hundred Crawls, and Possessor of a Ton of Made Up Titles.

Before and after pics for Speed Painting

Also claiming The 6-pack! for my first completed Oath this season.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm still willing to donate that stuff to the UK Grab bag. Will dig out the gallery link later.

EDIT: Found it: http://imgur.com/a/VGpre

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 28, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Possibly a FB Group? We already have showcases for each month via Krush's Google Slideshows (which are awesome) so maybe it's a case of posting links somewhere?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Zark, I'll add your stuff to the UK/EU grab bag album for season 6, I must have kept forgetting to do that last time! Are you OK to post it from where you're at or do you want to send it to me to post out?

I'm good to post stuff from here.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Many thanks to the sponsors and the awesome goons who keep this thing trucking!

I have received a set of brushes but not sure if it's the ones that were in the UK grab bag or the replacements for the Ichiban ones. Either way I'm just waiting on one set of brushes but no rush :)

Also I note my donations have made it into the UK grab bag :D

re: funding I'm happy to help out, just pm me some details so I can make a donation or whatever.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2015:
1 Ghost Boat, 1 Elf Boat and 1 Dead Turtle Island from Dreadfleet, and 1 KR Multicase

Hope the pic's OK, had to fiddle with levels to get the date/time more than faintly visible. I can take a new pic if needed.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Addition
One Troll Impaler, Privateer Press

Finished up my previous stuff so decided to squeeze in one more fig this month before everything gets packed away :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That reminds me, I totally forgot to post the 'before' pics for my terrible mess painting area:

(taken before my oath addition but I neglected to pull em off the camera until just now)

Includes sneaky previews of my Dreadfleet stuff.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Ghost Boat. Was fun to paint, messing around using Nihilakh Oxide as a wash over white (with assorted other ink washes too). Unfortunately my camera isn't sensitive enough to get a picture of it's special effect so I need to badger my housemate to take some pics with his ultra fancy one.

Elf Boat. On the other hand I hated painting this. Just felt boring. Didn't help that my white primer apparently went weird and hosed up the detail on one side.

Turtle Island. A fun little piece.

KR Case. Went with a watercolour style inked design copied from a GW banner as it'll most likely be used for small units from my DOW army. Pretty happy with how this turned out!

Troll Impaler. Been wanting to try out an orange skin style for a while, never got around to it til now. Also first attempt at tartan inspired patterns. Should be tighter but I have nowhere near the brush control to pull it off properly yet.

Spring Cleaning, done. Hopefully I can keep it this tidy!

Claiming the Technical Challenge for the water around the boats and island, plus there's a KR Multicase and Privateer Press Mini for the respective prize draws.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Excellent news on the sponsors!

Anyway, time for me to finally get around to Oathing month now the move's finished and my painting area's set up again.

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for July 2015:
1 Savage Orc Boss from Avatars of War, 1 Captain Spanner and Poledancer from Hasslefree Miniatures, 1 High Elf Banner from Games Workshop, all 28mm.

Hopefully the pic's OK for Oathing, new phone and the lighting's different.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Sorry for the lovely pics, house is still a mess after the move and I haven't had chance to set up a decent spot for pics.

Daemonette Standard bearer for my counts-as WHFB Daemon army (I sure timed starting that back up well with AOS out... sigh). Also the Technical Challenge and my Aetherium Flag.

Captain HammerSpanner. Sadly this was the best shot I could get of him as my camera did not want to co-operate. His top's navy blue I swear! Also Box Art I guess?

Savage Orc. Again a pain to photograph, it's much brighter in real life. Painted in fluorescents to represent a 'Waaagh Demon' aka Khorne Herald for when I dabble with summoning/daemonkin allies in 40k. Last pic with Weirdboy for contrast.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Leaving it rather late again! Would be oathing more but my primer hosed up and I need to strip and re-prime the rest. Anyway:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2015:
1 Ophidian Archway & 1 Baleful Realmgate, both 28mm GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That's pretty much exactly what happened to the other stuff I wanted to Oath this month. I need to pick up some dettol and strip em.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed

Baleful Realmgate. Jurnal is the mystical glowy blue flame within the gate.

Ophidian Archway.This thing has ridiculous amounts of detail. I tried for a worn-out look rather than filling it with verdigris like some of my other stuff 'cause there's way too much brass for that,

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2015:
2 Gothic Ruins from Pegasus, 28mm
1 Glaug Battlepod, scale unknown? (this was my random prize from NTRabbit's 2015 draw)

Possibly more to come later, I've been in a terrain mood and would like to get my Frostgrave warband done sometime.

Many apologies for the especially terrible picture this time, my computer died and my image processing stuff isn't set up yet on the new one. This was about the only way I could get the date & time readable in a reasonable amount of time.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed

Pegasus Ruins resplendent on my new Deepcut Mat for Frostgrave. I'm pretty happy with the simple scheme on these.

Glaug Battlepod which is from the Robotech series and is my Technical Jurnal, plus the colours and style are based on http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/glaug.htm (I've already claimed Box Art though) - the lining turned out a bit rougher than I'd like but this kit is super detailed for it's size. Also a pain to assemble, no wonder this game didn't take off as a mass battle game. Thanks again to NTRabbit for sending me this last season!

LordAba posted:

...Anime is TV too!...

Robotech is three animes munged together, does that qualify me for three entries? ;)

I'm just about getting used to my new computer and tools so the pics turned out OK this time. I'll be doing more this month but not for the Oath stuff, too much else is going on currently for me to reliably paint.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That's awesome, KR are awesome :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2015:
3 large Skeleton dudes from an unknown (Russian?) manufacturer, 40mm scale?
Nethyrmaul the Undying, 28mm from Reaper

Not started painting yet (glue on bases is still drying), that's just the plastic colour. Also some gluing and filling left to do on the big guy.

EDIT: My brain is dumb (I blame my cold) and I forgot to include the time zone. I'll re-oath with corrected pics tomorrow (undercoat is still drying on the skellies, at least I haven't started painting yet!)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 17, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah, I just spotted that myself. The undercoat is drying so I'll take new shots tomorrow with the time zone etc.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Let's try this again.

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2015:
3 large Skeleton dudes from an unknown (Russian?) manufacturer, 40mm scale?
Nethyrmaul the Undying, 28mm from Reaper

(date/time is easier to read in the full image if you open it in a new tab or something)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:skeltal: Oath Complete :skeltal:

3 big skeleton dudes, most likely to be used as Wights in KOW

A big-rear end Zombie Dragon, possibly also to be used in KOW when I get around to making a base. I love the 'stupid dog sticking head out of the window' expression the scultor gave him too :3:

Theme Jurnal is the fact they're all undead dudes, plus the Wights have some spooky pictures on their shoulder pads.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 31, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

(I feel many people oathing missed the challenge this month, it is not paint a spooky model, it's paint something spooky on your model. I hope that misreading doesn't hurt their scores.)

Yeah, that's why I made doubly sure with the spoooky shoulder pad designs on the wights :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A bit late and pretty compact this month, I've mostly been working on assembling and tidying up minis for future months. Anyway:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2015:
1 RT-Era Predator

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:rock: Oath Complete :rock:

Apologies for the bad pics, I don't have a goot lighting setup for the middle of Autumn when it's dark as gently caress outside.

One salvaged RT-Era Predator, called Slayer 'cause it's metal as gently caress :rock: - plenty of freehand skulls for the Jurnal too!

Alongside squadron mate Reaper, which was painted as part of season 5

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

nesbit37 posted:

Next up is the Bugbear Squash Squad. Many creatures beyond the more civilized races also celebrate the fall harvest. The Bugbear is no different. Long ago they learned that the fall was a great time to send out squash squads to collect farmers as they labored. The Bugbear Squash Squads venture out to the fields in leather armor adorned to resemble squashes. Yellow studded greaves, lamellar adorned with gourds, and images of fall squashes on their shields. They rush out yelling "Squash!" as they beat them into jelly with their maces and clubs, and one with a sharp implement for skinning when necessary. Here the Bugbears make all of the Human Jam, Halfling Jelly and Elven Marmalade they need to sustain themselves through the cold season ahead.

Pretty sure these are the Best Bugbears TM :D

Surely you're claiming the backstory cheevo for that?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Germ posted:

Oath Addition!!

I, Germ, add to my nOvember oath the following:

1 large ruin and 15 small piles of rubble by Worldsmith Industries
1 25mm round piece of wood by some nameless craft company.

Is that new products I spy? Looking good :D

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Psst! I think my oath got missed...

Nah, it's not been missed. Krush was catching up on November's backlog and hasn't started December yet.

Reminds me, I need to pull my stuff together and get my Oath on...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2015:
8 Dwarfs from OathSworn Miniatures
2 Metalbeard Warriors from Titan Forge
6 Treasure Markers, 5 from Ristul's Market and 1 from Reaper Bones
1 Space Hulk Terminator from GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

A band of Dwarf adventurers, seeking treasure in the ruined city of Frostgrave.

Some clanking medium constructs to support them.

Treasure ahoy, plus a bonus mimic I felt like painting (not part of the oath). These are treasure markers for Frostgrave, so I rolled a 6.

Plus a random Space Hulk Terminator, for the Jurnal. Pretty happy with how this guy turned out and hoping to get his mates done to the same standard.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Not yet, though I suspect they're busy with real orders and stuff though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2016:
1 Dwarf from Hasslefree
1 Ancestral Guardian from Titan Forge
1 Familiar from Citadel Miniatures

All 28mm. May be more to come later.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Ancestral Guardian

Familiar - it's a pretty retro mini from the 80s

Dwarf - Tried for a white scheme for the Jurnal with hints of colour in the shading, it's meant to look kinda ghostly but not sure how well it turned out (as is it looks a bit more like a marble statue or something)

Together with the rest of the warband from last month

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for February 2016:
6 Paladins/Adventurers from Tecnolog
1 Bhole from Cthulu Wars
1 High Elf Maiden Guard from GW - 28mm
1 Savage Orc Shaman on Boar from GW - 28mm
1 big WissenSchaft robot thing from Anima Tactics - 28mm?
1 warrior from Reaper Miniatures - 30mm?

Quite the random selection this month!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

Finally got the list of people for the retro challenge! I will leave this up for a couple days... if I missed you send me a message or reply to this post WITH A LINK TO YOUR FINISHED OATH.

You missed mine - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=37#post454813390 (it's the 80s familiar) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

The Bhole. Painted purple for use in D&D as a Purple Worm, but likely will also get used in Frostgrave too.

Maiden Guard. A bit hard to tell on these pics but she has several heart shaped gems.

Reaper Paladin chap.

Anima Robot dude. Hugbot has hugged someone too hard and is now covered in blood.

Russian adventurer dudes painted up as statues, for use in Frostgrave (hard mode version of the Living Statues scenario where they're all Large constructs)

Ork Shaman leaping into action on his Waaagh-energy boar. He has some back story too!

Borzokk was always a bit odd, even by the standards of the other Weirdboys of his tribe. He was never any good at channelling Waaagh energy into destructive powers, the most he'd get is the odd spark or flash of light rather than the powerful energy beams produced by his peers. The sole exception was his Waaagh Konstrukts - producing these came naturally to him, perhaps too naturally.

One night after a particularly unpleasant accident resulting in the Boss' favourite pet squig getting squished under a giant glowing foot, Borzokk was in trouble. The Boss was enraged, bearing down on him with his kustom power klaw. Seeing no escape Borzokk covered his head and waited for the deathblow.

Several seconds passed. Then a few more. Wondering why he wasn't yet dead, Borzokk opened his eyes and was shocked to see a glowing boar in front of him, standing over the prone form of the Boss. After a moment's confusion it dawned on Borzokk what happened - his survival instincts had kicked in and created this new Konstrukt to protect him. Thinking quickly Borzokk studied the patterns of Waaagh energy in the beast and realised how to repeat it. Borzokk grinned - this new power was gonna be fun!

• Locked thread