Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germ
May 7, 2013

I Germ, do hearby oath what might be the most pathetic oath that has ever been oathed. Three movement trays, scratch built from wood and greenstuff by yours truly, intended for a 28mm army.

Hoping to add more to the oath later, but for now I really need to paint these movement trays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Oath Addition!

A bit more respectable this time. I'm adding these three resin terrain pieces to my oath (2 small ruins and 1 hill for 28mm miniatures - prototype casts for Worldsmith Industries)

Germ posted:

I Germ, do hearby oath what might be the most pathetic oath that has ever been oathed. Three movement trays, scratch built from wood and greenstuff by yours truly, intended for a 28mm army.

Hoping to add more to the oath later, but for now I really need to paint these movement trays.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

Oath Addition!

A bit more respectable this time. I'm adding these three resin terrain pieces to my oath (2 small ruins and 1 hill for 28mm miniatures - prototype casts for Worldsmith Industries)

Yet another OATH ADDITION!

One resin building, by yours truly, and one 28mm Reaper Bones beetle.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!!

Here's the month's oath. I'm claiming the yellow bonus technical challenge for Monsieur Goldbug.

A couple pieces of scatter terrain I've been playing around with casting.

The cottage was a cast I had made from a failed mold when I started experimenting with casting buildings. Figured I'd paint the best cast from the bunch before I decided what to do with the mold.

Here's a cast hill I've been playing around with. While I like the look of it, the slopes are too steep to be playable. Hill mk 2 is in the works!

The models are NOT part of my oath, but this is what my movement trays were for. Putrid Blightkings and some converted chaos hounds. The tray in the back is destined for some Plague Drones

Germ
May 7, 2013

drgnvale posted:

Oath (still) complete!
Found my dumb camera, so here's some better pictures of my dudes on their display shelf:

drat. That's a really good looking murder of Khorne daemons. Assuming, of course, that the proper noun for a gathering of Khorne daemons is a murder.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Under 15 posted:

A bath of bloodletters.

A jacuzzi of bloodletters.

Germ
May 7, 2013

This is one of the coolest things I've seen in ages!

Germ
May 7, 2013

I, Germ, oath these 8 Warp Spiders by GW for the month of June.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Holy smokes that's gorgeous!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

I, Germ, oath these 8 Warp Spiders by GW for the month of June.

Oath Addition!

I'm gonna paint this terrain base, 7 columns, 6 flat inserts, and 7 piles of rubble. Scale is 28mm, manufacturer is me.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

The June technical challenge is the pools of brackish water accumulating in the decaying ruins. Not where I'd want to vacation, but then again I'm not a mutated swamp gatorman. Or am I?

I've got such a thing for modular terrain, it's a little bit embarrassing at times. The system consists of an area terrain base, some columns, and some scatter terrain (the two other small pieces of scatter terrain I oathed are those bits of rubble poking up from the larger pool). Got a bit overzealous in filling the pools - next time, I wont add so much.

The columns can be slotted into the square recesses.

You can also add some of the fallen columns and other scatter to provide more cover and rough ground.

If it gets in the way when you're trying to move troops on, you can remove part of it, and replace the columns with the flat inserts.

Or remove it all to flatten it out.

And here are the Warp Spiders, the start of my Void Dragon Corsairs Eldar army:

EDIT: Here's what the area base looked like before it was filled. Those pools could just as easily be left unfilled, or partially filled.

Germ fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 30, 2015

Germ
May 7, 2013

drgnvale posted:

God drat. I guess I'll set aside some bucks for the next kickstarter, if you're still into the production thing.

10-4, good buddy! Though it'll be a while. I want to develop the idea further. I'm playing with different styles of columns to change the look, and other pieces in the same theme.

Germ
May 7, 2013

LordAba posted:

:siren: Extra Prize for July :siren:

There is an Aetherium set up for grabs world wide! This will be for anyone who completed the July Challenge. Aetherium is all about different factions fighting over the internet/matrix.... so flags make an excellent rally points! Want to know more about the game? Ask me here, or check out http://www.anvil-eight.com/
I will pick one person at random at the end of the month. Anyone who goes "above and beyond" will get two entries into the random pool. What is above and beyond? Well, using the flag along with any of the Achievements, making a diorama, anything like that. It's based on my (poor) judgement.

:siren: If you interested I ask you put "Aetherium Flag" in your post along with the completed oath pictures. This will allow me to see who is interested in the game without too much fuss. It will also only be available to those that fully complete the oath for this month!

Awesome, thanks a million! Looks like a cool game!

Germ
May 7, 2013

I, Germ, do hearby oath this PVC pipe for the month of July!

So, the question is, does it meet the July challenge of I paint a full-sized banner pole upon which I will hang a printed standard? The Ordo Fanaticus CLub Challenge, a big Pacific NW wargaming event is happening in a week, and I'm putting together a bad-rear end standard for my gaming club. If it doesn't count for the challenge, no worries - thought I'd check, though!

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Thanks a million to Goon signalnoise for the inspiration on the Terrain Megathread. The PVC was scored with a rasp to resemble woodgrain, then rubbed with some burnt umber acrylic, painted in polyshades stain, and rubbed lightly when still damp. Perfect woodgrain effect while still keeping it light, strong, cheap, and plasticky.

The full bannerpole, on it's stand:

Some closeups:

If this is considered a valid oath, I'm going to try and claim speed painting and gaming aid. Speed painting because I painted it quick, and I rolled a 6! because what better gaming accoutrement then a gnarly loving Warhamster banner with which to adorn your gaming club and intimidate your foes at tournaments? I'm also going to try and claim the July Challenge because it's a real-life banner pole. If any of these claims are not legit, please feel free to let me know, and I can grab them later. I recognize it's not a typical oath, but it was goon-inspired and I wanted to share it.

Speed painting proof:

Before:

After:

The banner is actually two printed banners, so that the standard looks the same from either side:

The full deal, in it's epic glory:

Germ fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 11, 2015

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

So, the question is, does it meet the July challenge of I paint a full-sized banner pole upon which I will hang a printed standard? The Ordo Fanaticus CLub Challenge, a big Pacific NW wargaming event is happening in a week, and I'm putting together a bad-rear end standard for my gaming club. If it doesn't count for the challenge, no worries - thought I'd check, though!

OATH ADDITION!!!

I'd like to add these 4 Chaos Summoning circles (made by yours truly) to my oath. They're objective markers that are designed to hold shot glasses, and I need them for a team Fantasy tournament I'm going to this weekend.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE! (again)

And, it turns out that it doesn't take long to dry-brush some grey and white! I'm claiming "I rolled a Six" for these alcohol-holding objective markers.

Germ posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Thanks a million to Goon signalnoise for the inspiration on the Terrain Megathread. The PVC was scored with a rasp to resemble woodgrain, then rubbed with some burnt umber acrylic, painted in polyshades stain, and rubbed lightly when still damp. Perfect woodgrain effect while still keeping it light, strong, cheap, and plasticky.

Some closeups:

If this is considered a valid oath, I'm going to try and claim speed painting and gaming aid. Speed painting because I painted it quick, and I rolled a 6! because what better gaming accoutrement then a gnarly loving Warhamster banner with which to adorn your gaming club and intimidate your foes at tournaments? I'm also going to try and claim the July Challenge because it's a real-life banner pole. If any of these claims are not legit, please feel free to let me know, and I can grab them later. I recognize it's not a typical oath, but it was goon-inspired and I wanted to share it.

Speed painting proof:

Before:

After:

The banner is actually two printed banners, so that the standard looks the same from either side:

Germ
May 7, 2013

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete

That was pretty motivating.
Not sure if I'll do next month, as so many of the next things I want to paint are half-finished projects I started a year or two ago.
But I'll certainly do another oath next time I start something from scratch.

Given the quality of this offering, I really, really hope you oath more. This is a scary-as-hell, bad-rear end, well-painted bug-monster.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

OATH ADDITION!!!

I'd like to add these 4 Chaos Summoning circles (made by yours truly) to my oath. They're objective markers that are designed to hold shot glasses, and I need them for a team Fantasy tournament I'm going to this weekend.

Another OATH ADDITION!

I oath this tiny 15mm shield man by Old Glory.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

Another OATH ADDITION!

I oath this tiny 15mm shield man by Old Glory.

Godsdamnit, Krushgroove, I'm sorry for making this month a bookkeeping nightmare, but I'm going to go one more OATH ADDITION. I promise that when I'm done I'll make one cohesive oath completed post with all my stuff gathered in one place.

I'm going to paint these 6 ruined columns and one stone arch, made by me for 28mm models.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Ok, This is my final ....

:cthulhu: July Oath Complete!!!! :cthulhu:

For easy reference, I'm claiming Speed Painting (the banner pole) , I Rolled a 6! (the objective markers / shot glass coasters), the July Patriotism ahoy! challenge (painting red, white, and blue and freehanding stars on Captain America, and painting a real-life banner pole for my wargaming club). I also really hope my banner qualifies me for the Aetherium Flag prize draw.

First up, here's the new stuff:

Here’s the arch in it’s full glory:

And again with a Warp Spider for scale – the thing is huge!

Like most of my stuff, the arch is designed to be removed in case it gets in the way on the gaming table.

I also used the new style of columns as trade-ins for the doric (ionic?) columns I had done before. Here they are on their own:

And plugged into the ruins base I painted for last month's oath:

I also painted a little tiny 15mm Captain America to use as a leader for my Flames of War army (I mostly play US Armored Infantry). The idea of Cpt. Rogers leading my tiny mans to war against the Red Skull fills me with glee. Hopefully it’ll piss off some purist grognards in the process. The set he came in was by Old Glory, and also contained Thundarr the Barbarian and friends. I’ll have less justification working them into a WWII army, but assaulting Nazis and Russians with Ookla is a justification in and of itself.

The previously-completed pieces are as follows:

Germ posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Some closeups:

Speed painting proof:

Before:

After:

And, the objetive markers I completed for this month are here:

Germ posted:

OATH COMPLETE! (again)

And, it turns out that it doesn't take long to dry-brush some grey and white! I'm claiming "I rolled a Six" for these alcohol-holding objective markers.

Finally, for reference, the before picture for the Speed Painting Challenge is here:

Germ posted:

Germ
May 7, 2013

drat, thought I posted this before, but maybe I forgot to hit submit...

I Germ, oath this resin hill (made by me) for the month of August. It represents the second iteration of my ongoing attempt to make functional, attractive, and castable wargaming hills.

Also, my project room is a pigsty. Don't judge! I oath to clean the cesspit!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

If I played FoW I'd totally do this. Having Captain America lead the force is great, and really makes him stand out. Plus, the little star on his chest is cute!

Thanks a million! Tiny Steve Rogers was super fun to paint. He has yet to take out a tank with his bare hands, but he will soon, I hope!

OATH ADDITION

Not only did I oath that other stuff, I also oath this terrain, made by me:

4 ruined walls
1 fallen column set (base, 2 columns, 1 fallen column)
1 statue plinth

I also oath all this resin terrain, made by THMiniatures (1 big grave/altar piece and 16 pieces of scatter terrain)

And, for reference, the original oath is here:

Germ posted:

drat, thought I posted this before, but maybe I forgot to hit submit...

I Germ, oath this resin hill (made by me) for the month of August. It represents the second iteration of my ongoing attempt to make functional, attractive, and castable wargaming hills.

Also, my project room is a pigsty. Don't judge! I oath to clean the cesspit!

Germ
May 7, 2013

nesbit37 posted:

Below is the warrior ent Blackened Twig
In the very first battle this ent fought in he quickly found one of his arms ablaze. This frightened all of the ents, but rather than panic and immediately seek water or burn the tree creature fought on. It pummeled the day's foes with burning limbs, losing many branches and leaves to the blaze on its body but winning the day. The battle won the ent the nickname of Blackened Twig, and now it before engaging foes it purposely ignites itself to cause fear and greater damage to its enemies. The other ents think Blackened Twig is reckless and somewhat crazy, though its methods are certainly effective even if the tree seems to heal more slowly and regain fewer of its leaves after every battle.

Blackened Ent for president! That is super cool.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Another OATH ADDITION

I'm going to paint these 11 stands of 15mm US Infantry by the Plastic Soldier Company. Cpn. Rogers needs him some Howling Commandos.

Still don't know what I'm doing for the monthly challenge.

Germ posted:

OATH ADDITION

Not only did I oath that other stuff, I also oath this terrain, made by me:

4 ruined walls
1 fallen column set (base, 2 columns, 1 fallen column)
1 statue plinth

I also oath all this resin terrain, made by THMiniatures (1 big grave/altar piece and 16 pieces of scatter terrain)

And, for reference, the original oath is here:

Germ
May 7, 2013

It's always stressful to oath at this time of month. I don't want to NOT oath and paint something that won't count. I also don't want to NOT paint just to avoid failing an oath. The solution?

Another Oath Addition

Dragon by Reaper in Bones.

Germ
May 7, 2013

krushgroove posted:

I would like some sort of solution to figuring out how folks doing multiple Oath additions and failing their last one won't get their entire Oath output for a month wiped out by failing a single Oath. If you (or anyone else) have suggestions, let me know!

Nah, I'm just grousing. I don't think it's that big of a problem. It adds to the end-of-the-month drama. Oathing is serious business!

That website looks great! Glad we've got an external site for the sponsors.

Hey - does my painting-area-completed after-photo need to be time-stamped? I took pictures when I was done but forgot to include a world time server shot. It's gotten a bit messier since then, but I could always straighten it up again and re-photo if need be.

And my final, last minute OATH ADDITION.

Gonna paint this 50 mm campfire marker made from Hirst Arts casts:

Germ
May 7, 2013

LordAba posted:

Let's just say if you paint an anime show / game / etc you might be able to win some relic knights stuff. Or not! I honestly can't remember.

Well, long story short they literally mailed my a trophy for spending the most amount of money ever and I get a percent off for life.

1st question - Do 80s post-apocalyptic Saturday morning cartoons count?

2nd not a question - Secret Weapon is a legitimately great company. They were discontinuing the bases I used for my Infinity army, and when I ordered as much of their remaining stock as I could, they included the rest. They also regularly sponsor a big regional tournament in the Pac NW. Good folks who care a lot about the gaming community.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Also, these are really great!

Germ
May 7, 2013

So, maybe I went a bit for quantity over quality this month, but … OATH COMPLETE!

The technical/theme challenge is the campfire (which includes flames and OSL on the rocks). I’m also claiming Spring Cleaning.

To start with, here’s the last-minute campfire I cobbled together from Hirst Arts bits:

Here’s the Reaper Bones Dragon that I’ll be using for my Wood Elves army (formerly for WHFB, now for Kings of War):

This is the US Armored Rifle Company (sans transports, those’ll happen in some future oath) for Flames of War:

Here is the terrain I’ve been working on for my own Worldsmith Industries. Some ruined walls, a plinth to be used for statues, and a modular rubble “wall” to be used as an obstacle.

I’ve also been playing around with cast resin hills. Here’s my latest iteration. It’s not as tall as I’d like (only up to 1.25 or so inches at the highest point), but I used a 1:3 slope in most places, so models can stand just about anywhere without tipping:

I got a slew of scatter terrain from the THMiniatures kickstarter I backed:

This is my favorite piece from the set – a large ruined temple that can be opened up to reveal a fighting pit inside. Consider me inspired!

Finally, my project room got cleaned! I can now cast without getting tetanus.

Germ
May 7, 2013

WhiteOutMouse posted:

If you took these pictures on a dark cloth I would have assumed it was a Batchre model.

Best compliment ever! Made my day, thanks all!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Serotonin posted:

Thats a lot of waffle to say Im going to have my first go at painting a miniature with my left hand.

Badass. While I really hope you have a full recovery, I respect the hell out of your current mind-set. I agree about the Michael Perry as an inspiration - when I first read about the accident, I figured he was finished. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Germ
May 7, 2013

I, Germ, do solemly oath to paint these 5 Eldar Wraithguard and 2 Eldar War Walkers by Games Workshop.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH ADDITION

Oathing these two weeping angels and two columns from Reaper Bones. 28mm in scale, I believe.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Hell, no. I'm not gonna be one of you goons who paints without stuff counting toward the Oath Thread.

OATH ADDITION

I, Germ the Germane, do solemnly OATH to paint these 3 Eldar Jetbikes (28ish mm) by GW.

Germ
May 7, 2013

September Oath Complete!

I'm using the Weeping Angels (ala Doctor Who) for the Theme Challenge.

Here's the Eldar stuff - The guns and gunshields on the Warwalkers are magnetized. The bases are cast by yours truly. I'm doing the list as the Void Dragon Corsairs, and want to see if I can do the entire army in 3 colors (bases excepted): red, bone, and black-blue.

I painted up the Reaper stuff so I'd have options to show off the statue plinth I did last month (or two month ago?)

Angelic

Creepy

Creepy Angel

Ahh!!!!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Signal posted:

Oath Complete
And god did I hate this model.....

Claiming the Journal and Anime for the Arcadia from Captain Harlock.

That is awesome. Is it for a game or "just" a model-model?

Germ
May 7, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

This dragon is fantastic. You made great use of a limited palette and the whole piece fits together quite well.

Yea! - thanks a million! It was really fun to paint.

October Oath

Hey - see this Eldar Wave Serpent? By GW? I'm totally going to paint it. This month. In fact, I'm so serious, that I OATH it.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Hmmm... Time to escalate my foam buying plans for my Eldar army. KR Multicase going above and beyond the call of duty like that doesn't surprise me ( because they are consistently awesome and supportive of the community), but it never fails to impress me. Gonna order lots of foam and tell them the SA Oath thread sent me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

:siren: OATH ADDITION! :siren:

See these 3 28mm Eldar jetbikes by GW? See this big ol' gargoyle thing by Reaper Bones? I'm gonna paint them. All. Over. With paint. This month.

• Locked thread