Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Holy hell, has it been a year already? I skipped last year mostly because I needed a break, I'll get back on it this year I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Ok, I'll bite...

I, enri, oath to paint...

1 x TIE fighter, manufacturer is Fantasy Flight Games, 1/270 scale

All primed and ready to go, if I'm on the ball with this one (and it all goes to plan) I might be able to nobble the speed paint bonus point right off the bat :)

There will be an oath addition at some point, I just need to find something fitting for a yellow paint job...

enri
Dec 16, 2003

enri posted:

Ok, I'll bite...

err... :siren: oath complete! :siren:

Ok, I am planning on an oath addition just as soon as I find something I can conceivably paint yellow, until that time, this will do.. if I re-oath / add etc. then I'll come back and edit this post to remove the 'complete' part... Actually quite enjoyed painting this little guy and he was a tester to see if it was going to be worth the hassle to re-paint the rest of my imperials... needless to say, I'll be painting more of these guys up :)

Speed Painting

The related oath post with timestamp et al

Ok ok.. in the rules it says I can do this only after my oath has been approved, but I seem to remember the speed painting was 'if you haven't got approval, but want to get cracking, go for it but be aware you might get a slap on the wrists and/or your oath might not be accepted'?... is this still the case?

annnddd the money shot:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

enri posted:

Ok, I'll bite...

1 x TIE fighter, manufacturer is Fantasy Flight Games, 1/270 scale

All primed and ready to go, if I'm on the ball with this one (and it all goes to plan) I might be able to nobble the speed paint bonus point right off the bat :)

There will be an oath addition at some point, I just need to find something fitting for a yellow paint job...

:siren: Oath Addition! :siren:

Got to paint something up yellow.. I took this photo a few days back and haven't had a chance to post it until now, hope that's ok.

4 x astronauts / biohazard guys, can't remember the manufacturer (GNG maybe), 15mm scale

enri
Dec 16, 2003

The KR one is for June isn't it? I've got the perfect idea, assuming I can use the small KR dice case as my er... 'subject'.. :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

...but I also know many goons actually don't like to do that.

Ha, funnily enough I saw you pop up in one of the terrain making groups on FB recently and almost sent you a friend request but wasn't sure how you'd feel about a random goon adding you out of the blue :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

OATH COMPLETE (AGAIN)

Original oath complete post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=45939#post444832863

enri posted:

err... :siren: oath complete! :siren:

Ok, I am planning on an oath addition just as soon as I find something I can conceivably paint yellow, until that time, this will do.. if I re-oath / add etc. then I'll come back and edit this post to remove the 'complete' part... Actually quite enjoyed painting this little guy and he was a tester to see if it was going to be worth the hassle to re-paint the rest of my imperials... needless to say, I'll be painting more of these guys up :)

Speed Painting

The related oath post with timestamp et al

annnddd the money shot:

annnnddd... the oath addition:

Claiming the...

monthly challenge
speed painting
the 6-pack

... I think that's everything :downs:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

My paints are water based therefore I get automatic bonus points :colbert:

:D

(I kid!)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I, enri, do hereby oath to paint the following...

1 x 'Fangtooth' for Guild Ball, manufacturer is steam forged games and scale is 28mm

...will definitely be adding my KR case to this one as soon as I can be bothered to go get some photos... and maybe I'll see if there's any WM/H bits and pieces I can dig out to get painted up :3:

ninja edit! An oath addition of sorts...

1 x KR case, manufacturer.. er.. KR.. scale.. lots :3:

I will do something funky to this case. Oh yes I will.

enri fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 7, 2015

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Just random thinking... do we have a spreadsheet yet? and who are our judges this year? :D

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

This is perfect! I have literally used this as the example post for the Spring Cleaning Achievement (love the chair!) :) I'm...uh, hoping to do this Achievement myself at some point.

My painting setup is very much "everything shoved in a huge crate and hidden away when not in use" - presumably I can claim this achievement by finally sitting down and sorting said crate out so that it doesn't look like a bomb hit it? :)

Failing that, I'm going to have to go tidy up my shed, where said crate lives when it's not being dragged into the house for an evening of painting :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Ok, I'm failing this month... only 1 model and 1 KR case oathed, and real life just got in the way a little too much, next month maybe :)

• Locked thread