Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Are the alternate universe oaths still in play? I've got 100-odd dwarves I don't think I can do in a month, but maybe in twelve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath the following: 20 Ironwatch, 8 Orc Ax, 5 Orclings, one Dwarf Ironbelcher with Crew (all 28mm by Mantic) and one gnome tinker from Stonehaven miniatures (28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren: I, Weirdo Alternate Universe Oath four regiments of dwarves and two war-machines with crew, all 28mm by Mantic Games. A more detailed breakdown is as follows: 20 crossbowmen, 20 rangers (with metal command), 40 ironclad, one flamebelcher with crew, and one organ gun with crew.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition! With my dwarf riflemen almost done, I'm adding a single Gnome Long Gunner, by Stonehaven miniatures, 28mm. Since my pattern is already planned, I'm trying a for a twenty four hour speed-painting challenge.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought I hit post last night but it seems it must have only been preview :livintrope:

Well at least this way I have time to add some snow to the bases. Does anyone have the old snow article by GW? They removed it from the site and I don't have a good example of wind blown snow anymore.

So yeah, "Saving the Whales" for May.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:tbear: [b]I, Weirdo will attempt to Save the Whales![b] for my May Oath.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath the following: 20 Ironwatch, 8 Orc Ax, 5 Orclings, one Dwarf Ironbelcher with Crew (all 28mm by Mantic) and one gnome tinker from Stonehaven miniatures (28mm).

Weirdo posted:

Oath Addition! With my dwarf riflemen almost done, I'm adding a single Gnome Long Gunner, by Stonehaven miniatures, 28mm. Since my pattern is already planned, I'm trying a for a twenty four hour speed-painting challenge.

Here they are now, needing some final basing.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 2, 2015

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:getin: I Weirdo Oath the following: One Mantic Bombard with three crew (28mm), two gnomes from Stonehaven, one dwarf from Hasslefree (28mm), and one objective marker.

The custom objective marker, made entirely of dwarf hammers.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whoops, meant to post this last night.

Oath Addition! One "Juggernaut" Khador Warjack by Privateer Press

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Under 15 posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Loving the gently caress shield ;)

Great work as always, seeing your bright orcs is one of my favourite parts of the Oaths thread.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! :henget:

A mix of Mantic, Stonehaven and Hasslefree figures, taken with terrible, terrible lighting.

I added some metal shield decals from Mantic, so I can use my Khador Warmachine as a proxy for a greater golem in Kings of War.

I'm claiming I Rolled a 6! for the 'Mithril Throne'

Also Spring Cleaning! A purse of gold to the man who identifies the film in pic two.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also :psydwarf:Savin Da Whales:psydwarf: on my May Oath.

Weirdo posted:

A simple white and red for the dwarves, and yellow/green for the orcs. The gnome is a goblin NPC in a pathfinder game I'm playing in.

Backstory: The Bad Mountain Orcs are a superstitious people, and believe that physical defects and birthmarks on the newly born orc children can be used in fortune telling. In rare cases, orc children are born with a strange form of albinism that results in a rich yellow pigmentation, which the orcs refer to as golden. A single golden orc babe is considered a rare and fortuitous omen, but a collection of five golden orclings is almost unheard of and would be a cause for great celebration.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Deathstalker II, right? (This is a guess. Also I have watched way too many awful movies. Anyway, I'll take my gold in Melnibonean wheel coins, thanks.)

Everyone on these past couple of pages: :stare:

Indeed! The MSt3k version, but the movie is entertaining without it. I love putting on some bad movies on and painting away.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:getin: I Weirdo Oath for July 10 Mantic Ironguard,Tom Bombadil and Goldberry by Games Workshop (both 28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oaf complete! No time for heraldry so the shields are bare for now. Otherwise, I'm pleased with my wedding cake toppers.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 29, 2015

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Slimnoid posted:

What an excellent use of spare hammers! The reference is spot on, and I really like that it has a seat too, and makes me wonder if you'll ever make a dwarf king to sit on it. Hint hint!

Why thank you! I'll have to make a king at some point, but it seems those who sit on the Mithril throne often have short reigns :v:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one "Phil the Gofer" from Hasslefree Miniatures for the month of August (28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Another joke mini gift for a friend, the 'half-orc' here has a burnt stick and a filthy loot sack, like all good adventurers.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Dreadball MVP Dozer and one Novas Vira Militia from Mars Attacks , both Mantic 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:getin:For the month of October, I, Weirdo, oath one 'Eyebeast' and 'Gorgon 'from the Bones Reaper line, along with one Half-orc necromancer from Stonehaven minis (both 28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey goons, so I posted my Oath complete pics in the wrong thread, whoops! :derp:

Weirdo posted:

Oaf Complete! I tried a tutorial for metallic painting on the bull, and while it's a little messy, I like how it turned out. Pumpkin beholder was tricky since I forgot how fussy orange paint can be, and the Necromancer half-orc is a great little mini. Also next month I've gotta get a lightbox.

BOO!

Had fun painting them, I'll have to be more careful next time.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath three goblins and three trolls from Mantic Games, 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not getting mine done tonight. On the other hand Fallout 4 is great!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Getting back on the wagon. Twelve hours should be enough. Oathing one Wereshark for use as a Kings of War Beast of Nature. Reaper Bones, 28mm.

I was considering making mine into unit filler for some naiads, but that is also a great use for it.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Some clanking medium constructs to support them.

Looking good, fellow Metal beard kickstarter!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Half-orc barbarian from Stonehaven miniatures.

Last minute 24 hour oath!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Steam sales are poison to productivity :(

Boy I hear that! But thankfully this month for me, Oath Complete!

Just a simple one this month, using the basic orc army scheme I'm using. The mini serves as both a hero for Kings of War and my wife's D&D cohort. Going to add some blood splatter and flowers on the ground.

Any advice on how to improve would be great appreciated!

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 1, 2016

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:getin: I Weirdo oaf 8 goblin and orc figures from Dungeon Saga from Mantic, 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nesbit37 posted:

Hey guys!

I love it, makes me wonder what he's staring at.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:black101: Oath Complete - Eight figures from the Dungeon Saga boardgame, also serving as unit filler for my greenskins army. Some small mold lines, one or two needing some bending in warm water but otherwise fun little figures.

Theme/Challenge White fur cloaks and a white-furred mawbeast/warg/winter wolf.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 1, 2016

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath four miniatures by Mantic games 28mm - One Loka Air Rook, One Loka Air Bishop, One Mars Attacks Giant Ant, and One Supreme Leader.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition - I Weirdo add one Kovoss Kryptic by Mantic games, 28mm. Speed painting material!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

Oath Addition - I Weirdo add one Kovoss Kryptic by Mantic games, 28mm. Speed painting material!

Speed painting! - A mantic dreadball player used as D&D mini for a cactus man pugilist.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oaf Complete - An assortment of mantic minis for use in D&D/pathfinder.

Claiming Leap Day for the whizzard here.

Here's a mirelurk hunter.

And an ethereal.

Weirdo posted:

Speed painting! - A mantic dreadball player used as D&D mini for a cactus man pugilist.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:getin: I Weirdo Oath 15 miniatures, 7 from Mantic, 7 from Stonehaven and one from Hasslefree.

Mantic: Mars Attacks Giant Spider, Dreadball Orc Guard, Dreadball Goblin Striker, Dreadball MVP Ludwig, Dreadball MVP Yurik, two Kovoss Kryptics
Stonehaven: Orc fighter, orc bard, orc nobleman, gnome automaton, three orcish children
Hasslefree: Tilda the Gaul

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame I didn't finish my march oath in time but I did drop a kettle of boiling water on my leg :11tea:

Anyway, I Weirdo Oath five dreadball figures from Mantic games (28mm): Brickbat Vognar, Mee-kel Judwan, 'Dead Man' Davitz, and two green moon smackers.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

You should probably see a doctor if your leg is bent, the hot water trick only works on plastic

Now you tell me :haw:

Oath addition - Five more figures. Three treasure chests and one dwarf Rordin, 28mm Mantic, one Reaper Bones Mimic, also 28mm.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gonna say Oath failed since I won't have time to finish my oath tomorrow :smith:

But on the plus side I'm off to visit friends who have a cabin and the weather is fantastic :unsmith:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Still gonna keep trying for my whales, but just to make sure I don't lose track of time I'm doing this now

:pgabz: OATH COMPLETE :pgabz:

Those gobbos are having a nice little party :orks101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Looking through the Saved Whales, we have 4 confirmed entrants:

Weirdo,
Mugaaz,