Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Just a quick Alternative Universe question: Are things in the AU Oath eligible as a regular monthly oath?

For example, if I AU Oath an entire boxed army, could I pledge the command section of it in a regular monthly oath?

Or would they be off-limits because that's effectively double-dipping? (Benefiting twice from the same work.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I could see cases for it going either way, really. I'd like to try a pretty massive AU project this year, but don't want to get locked out of working on it for a regular monthly oath since that defeats the purpose of the monthly oaths. (Ie: Getting your stuff painted.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath for March: a German officer and NCO, and a three-man MG team and a three-man mortar team.... And a French SOMUA S35 tank! All are 28mm by Warlord Games.

(A total of eight infantry figures and a tank)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

The SOMUA S35

(Claiming TECH JURNAL for all that sweet, sexy mustard yellow.)

MG34 team (on the go)

5 cm leichter Granatwerfer 36 mortar team.

Officer and NCO.

I'd also like to claim BOX ART, if we can count the Bovington Tank Museum as a "box."

This month was a blast! I custom photoshopped the tank's unit emblem and licence plates, then painted over them to match my style. And I honestly thing that's the best looking grass and mud I've ever stood toy soldiers on.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for March: a German officer and NCO, and a three-man MG team and a three-man mortar team.... And a French SOMUA S35 tank! All are 28mm by Warlord Games.

(A total of eight infantry figures and a tank)

:siren:OATH ADDITION!:siren:

I, moths, oath this sprue of 28mm Palisade Fencing by Renedra. (A twig and some craft sticks are involved.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:siren:Oath Addition Complete!

I'd also like to claim Speed Painting !

(I'm also including this WIP photo to shot to prove that yes, I primed a twig and then paint it back to it's original colors.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Well poo poo. I forgot to actually paste this into my oath addition post:

That's what being in a hurry gets you.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd like to see a Facebook group, but don't want any random freakshow grognards harassing my family with murder-rape threats over my elfgame opinions.

Is there a Facebook group setting that's semi-anonymous? Or maybe just avoid the thing entirely and do a Wordpress.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath for June: two ruined buildings, six German riflemen, one German squad leader, one Polish TKS Tankette (all 28mm by Warlord Games), one frame of Renedra palisade fences, and one scratchbuilt mud bog. ...and a KR multicase case.

I had to play with the levels to get the date visible, my basement lighting is lighting in name only.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

OATH ADDITION!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for June: two ruined buildings, six German riflemen, one German squad leader, one Polish TKS Tankette (all 28mm by Warlord Games), one frame of Renedra palisade fences, and one scratchbuilt mud bog. ...and a KR multicase case.

I, moths, (in addition to the above) oath Privateer Press's Lylyth, Herald of Everblight:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming JURNAL for this summer... fun... mud bog.

Please note this PRIVATEER PRESS figure for the Hordes drawing:

...and finally this :krad: KR Multicase:

This is a pattern used by the Polish in the 30's. It was mostly retired by WW2, but it's really pretty so there you are. I'm really glad this came up, or I'd never have tried painting my case and now I'm totally glad I did.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Monoliths posted:

1 Point - Moths

A lovely tank! Your details are nice and clean, it is quite true, and that is a really great camo scheme. I'm not sure if it has historical context, but I like the concept regardless.

:toot: Thanks! The scheme doesn't look much like we imagine camouflage today, but I'm proud of how close I got to its historical counterpart:

One of camouflage's purposes is to help break up a target's silhouette - so anything that confuses the eye regarding the actual physical lines might be effective. Today's Mossy Oak and Realtree stuff takes that to the next level by attempting to break up profile and photo-realistically blending with the background - but in camouflage early days they were trying some really crazy stuff. I'd recommend for anyone interested to google lozenge or razzle dazzle camouflage - and if someone braver than me can paint those I'd love to see it!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Holy poo poo, that looks perfect! (Took me two guesses though. :( )

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath for July: a squad of 10 Warlord Games Germans, 5 GW vac-form craters, 2 bags of Worldsmith stone walls (one intact, one ruins), and one GW Lord of Slaanesh (riding the boob-snake).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It got me to visit their page, where I learned that I apparently get a 10% discount as former military! Which is awesome since most places do active duty and retired only.

I'm definitely going to be picking up some of their objective tokens for Chain of Command jump-off makers. Those question mark creates are perfect for the Schrodinger boxes they represent.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:siren: Oath Complete!

Walls:

Germans:

Champion of Slaanesh:

Craters:

The Chaos champion is this month's July Flag challenge, which also qualifies me for the Aetherium Flag drawing!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You've at least got a standard which might count for the flag drawing. Perfect is your enemy of good.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Looks like I'm also missing some entries on the spreadsheet: My June oath, addition, and completion, as well as my July complete post. There's also something for May that I didn't understand, a link in the column Prize 2 TTCOMBAT brush holder - did I win something and miss it?

e: OH SHI- Apparently I did. PM outgoing!

June Oath, addition, and completion:

moths posted:

I had to play with the levels to get the date visible, my basement lighting is lighting in name only.

moths posted:

OATH ADDITION!

I, moths, (in addition to the above) oath Privateer Press's Lylyth, Herald of Everblight:

moths posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming JURNAL for this summer... fun... mud bog.

Please note this PRIVATEER PRESS figure for the Hordes drawing:

...and finally this :krad: KR Multicase:

This is a pattern used by the Polish in the 30's. It was mostly retired by WW2, but it's really pretty so there you are. I'm really glad this came up, or I'd never have tried painting my case and now I'm totally glad I did.

July Completion:

moths posted:

Walls:

Germans:

Champion of Slaanesh:

Craters:

The Chaos champion is this month's July Flag challenge, which also qualifies me for the Aetherium Flag drawing!

moths fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 4, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Google Drive acts weird as hell on my computer, it looks fine now! Thanks for looking into it!

(I think what's happening is that Chrome shows cached, previous versions of doccuments from my phone's Drive app. It made looking at the Kings of War 2 playtest lists a garbage nightmare.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, Oath for September Two Balefire Catapults w/Crew, from Mantic Games. (28mm, for Kings of War)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Complete!

(This month's jurnal (the technical challenge) is the the red-hot balefirey skulls in the catapults.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath seven (classic!) 28mm Citadel Witch Elves:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:toot: Sweet! I also got my grab bag prize, this has been a fortunate month!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Comp- Wha?!

Jem and the Holograms!?

the Misfits!

I'm claiming this month's Jurnal for these Witch Elves' resemblance to the stars of an 80's cartoon I tragically overlooked as a kid, but recently discovered as an adult.

I'd also like to throw in for Anime. What! Moths you dum-dum, Jem was an American cartoon! And while it was, "The animation for most of the episodes was provided by the Japanese animation studio Toei Doga (Toei Animation)."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:woop:

That's unpredictably generous! What a boss sponsor!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath for October:a Dark Elf standard bearer and Sigvald the Magnificent (GW, 28mm) and Major Prime Victoria Haley (PP, 32mm) (3 models)

I haven't figured out how I'm doing the standard, but I'll oath-addition / update if its anything more complex than a painted piece of paper.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Holy poo poo! I'll PM back!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Complete!

Sigvald the Magnificent

Sigvald the Magnificent (in my messy garage)

Major Prime Victoria Haley

Past

Present

Future

Dark Elf Standard

This month's Theme is the dark elf standard - it's a Medusa's skull! But why are the snakes still alive?!
(It's actually an old-school template from the 4th ed army book that I painted over and re-drew the lines.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath for November: Kirai and Ikiryo (Wyrd, 32mm) on Cool Mini or Not bases and twenty-four War of the Roses bowmen (Old Glory, 25mm)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I got a box of Relic Knights!

PRIZE RECEIVED! Thanks LordAba! These guys look like F-Zero and Captain Harlock teams, so I look forward to figuring out what goes to where!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath complete!

And I'd like to claim JURNAL for the autumn leaves on the Malifuax bases and on Kirai's kimono. (I tried crushed red pepper on the bowmen's bases ...but I'll be removing that soon.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath 40x Blade Demons, 40x Cyclopean Demons (Microworld Games, 6mm) and 60+ (1 blister) Sub-Saharan Irregular Infantrymen #1 (GHQ Miniatures, 6mm)

It looks like the companies' figure counts could be approximations, but I'm going to do what's in these packages.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

OATH COMPLETE

This month's JURNAL is the red Bloodletters Blade Demons. Also now I need to get my eyes replaced because goddamn 6mm is brutal.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oh we're doing retro...and cold?

I, moths, oath three classic GW Cold One riders and a Dark Elf Sorceress. All are 28mm.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

My state's snowed in this weekend, so

OATH ADDITION! Fourteen Dark Elf Crossbowmen from Games Workshop's golden youth. In 28mm!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

This month's journal is the snowy bases, since d.elves come from the Land of Chill, Fantasy Canada.

E: Oops, forgot to tag mine as Retro Challenge. Glad I noticed in time!

moths fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 31, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath this 28mm WWII Polish platoon HQ section from Warlord Games:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

judges posted:

This made me really happy! I put a lot of love into that chaos creeper...

moths posted:

I, moths, oath this 28mm WWII Polish platoon HQ section from Warlord Games:

I'd like to make this OATH ADDITION of THREE DEAD FARM ANIMALS from Warlord Games, and these seven transparent orange bases from Wyrd Miniatures:

(I'm going to turn the bases into tokens / markers.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!

A group shot with everything, with a terrain cameo from earlier in the season (and a box of eggs that it's too late to crop out.)

I'd like to claim VALENTINE'S DAY BLOOD for the grody clumpy blood effects on those poor cows.

I'd also like to claim I ROLLED A SIX for the objective / jump-off points and markers - I went with transluscent orange so they'd match my Litko counters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath this plastic DZC Scourge box (10mm) from Hawk Wargames:

• Locked thread