Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Question before I decide on an oath:

I'm thinking of oathing nine Horgenhold Forgeguard from Warmachine. They look much like these dudes, minus the tanks/leather aprons, and wielding two-handed hammers instead of maces:

I would be painting them in much the same scheme. Would that qualify for the 25% yellow challenge this month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Dude you should really buy some army painter dark tone and a bottle of matte varnish. You have an army color scheme that is a textbook example of what you want to use army painter on and it would make your stuff look really good. Just remember to use matte varnish because army painter is exceptionally shiny.

By Dark Tone, you mean "Dark Tone Ink"? I haven't used it before, just been using P3's core washes as well as diluted P3 paints as effective washes. I'll take a look next time I go to the FLGS though, see if they have it in stock (likely).

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath these nine Horgenhold Forge Guard, Warmachine Mercenary models from Privateer Press!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm fine with hosting pictures on WP or FB, but think WP would be more acceptable to all involved.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete!

For my oath, I chose the technical jurnal. The Hammerfall armor does not stay bright and fresh for long on the battlefield, and their yellows are swiftly coated with smoke residue and grime. However, it remains bright enough that as they slog through the mud towards their adversaries, their adversaries know that the Hammerfall are here, and are coming for them.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Nightmare Edition Whiskey Golem from Wyrd Games, as well as one Sewer Base (50mm) from Wyrd Games.

The flash washed out the minutes thing, but I trust it's enough that the oath was made on Tuesday the 2nd, 2015, and that GMT is shown below it so as to indicate minutes.

The four things in front are various Gremlins hanging off the Golem, as seen in the below render. They are currently kept separate for the painting process, and I'll be gluing them on after.

(Hammock one is in back and not visible on render)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Also claiming jurnal! Sadly, there is no real ocean in Malifaux for folks to travel to and kick back (at least, that anyone's found), so these Gremlins have taken a sight-seeing trip from the Bayou to the city of Malifaux, where they've found an active drain to relax next to. They've also brought along a copious quantity of that other summer liquid, alcohol, in the form of a massive (to a Gremlin) Whiskey Golem. Why haul your booze when it can haul itself?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Question before I make an Oath. I was considering doing Stryker3 from Warmachine to cover the jurnal, being as he's carrying a big banner. However, the elements on the banner - swan, lightning bolts - are molded on, I wouldn't be freehanding them. Would his banner still qualify for the jurnal?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Lord General Coleman Stryker. This is a Cygnar model from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for the flag, obviously.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath this Scales of Justice, a Malifaux Guild model, for the month of August.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

bencreateddisco posted:

not the most stable before they're attached to their proper bases

edit: my brain is not working right now

Technically you need to have the location thing in the orange text just above "The current time and date right now", but maybe you can also point to the Pago Pago mentioned further down :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for the flames.

Wasn't really inspired by Guild, playing in the Malifaux league this month. Now that it's over I'm looking forward to returning to Ten Thunders...especially with my new Gencon toys :getin:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, am getting off my rear end and oathing Allison Jakes, a Cygnar solo from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

This model will be done for the jurnal. Privateer Press partnered with Whitemoon Dreams to create a computer game based on Warmachine, called Warmachine Tactics, and ran a Kickstarter for it. Various soloes were available in alternative sculpts as KS rewards, and Allison Jakes was one of them, and this is the alt sculpt in question. She's also the star of the release campaign for the game!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, am getting off my rear end and oathing Allison Jakes, a Cygnar solo from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

This model will be done for the jurnal. Privateer Press partnered with Whitemoon Dreams to create a computer game based on Warmachine, called Warmachine Tactics, and ran a Kickstarter for it. Various soloes were available in alternative sculpts as KS rewards, and Allison Jakes was one of them, and this is the alt sculpt in question. She's also the star of the release campaign for the game!

Oath addition! This is Taelor, a Malifaux mini from Wyrd, part of the Outcast faction! I also hope to have her qualify for the jurnal.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oath addition! This is Taelor, a Malifaux mini from Wyrd, part of the Outcast faction! I also hope to have her qualify for the jurnal.

Oaths complete! Jurnal accomplished!

Allison Jakes, again, she starred in Warmachine Tactics:

Taelor, meant to be based on Misty from Pokemon. Instead of summoning her own Pokemon, though, she rushes over and smashes the summoned opponent with her hammer. :black101: (Also, I fixed the headband color after this photo was taken).

Back to back pose:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Soul Porter and a spoooooky gravestone. Soul Porter is a dual faction Ten Thunders/Resurrectionist model from Wyrd's Malifaux, while the gravestone is from Plastcraft Games Japanese Grave Set.

Please let me know if the gravestone won't count for "something spooky".

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Soul Porter and a spoooooky gravestone. Soul Porter is a dual faction Ten Thunders/Resurrectionist model from Wyrd's Malifaux, while the gravestone is from Plastcraft Games Japanese Grave Set.

Please let me know if the gravestone won't count for "something spooky".

Just re-highlighting the oath I made, since LordAba (who oathed after me) was noted, but I wasn't.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

This is a spooky little spirit guardian with some spooky lanterns sitting on a very spooky tombstone! Challenge complete!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Oiran (Ten Thunders, Malifaux, Wyrd) and one Nothing Beast (Outcasts, Malifaux, Wyrd) for November.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete! Claiming Jurnal on the leaves drawn on the Oiran!

First off, my Oiran. She's done up in mostly the same color scheme as my Yan Lo crew (originally developed as a more subdued, deathly version of my Ten Thunders colors, but now I'm porting it over to Rezzers), so I figured fall foilage might go well with her - sort of an end to vitality vibe. My mistake I think, was trying to draw leaf spines when I don't have any brushes thin enough :downs: I might go back to this later and try to clean it up.

Next up is my Nothing Beast from Tara's crew. My brother suggested blue as a decent color suggesting "oblivion", and I think it's working well here.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Death Marshal, Guild faction of Malifaux by Wyrd Games!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Claiming an Oath Complete and a Jurnal Complete!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, do Oath one Seishin. This is a Ressurectionist model from Wyrd's Malifaux.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

I tried for the jurnal in doing this Seishin up in a white/blue-white scheme.

And here he is with his four friends.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Necropunk for February! This is a Malifaux model from the Ressurectionist faction, produced by Wyrd Games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete! With jurnal!

The Malifaux Necropunks have an ability called Leap which helps them traverse terrain with ease, so it was a natural choice for this month's Jurnal. Only one was in a semi-leaping pose, however, but I made it work by putting him at an angle on a box, as if he was taking off.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Ashes and Dust, as well as its separated components, Ashen Core and Dust Storm. These are from Malifaux's Outcast faction by Wyrd Games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete!

I don't think I got an acknowledgement of the original oath, so just quoting my original post here:

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Ashes and Dust, as well as its separated components, Ashen Core and Dust Storm. These are from Malifaux's Outcast faction by Wyrd Games.

Anyways, Ashes and Dust sort of symbolizes a death-and-rebirth cycle in which when it's killed, the dust storm dissolves and leaves behind the Ashen Core, which calls a new Dust Storm to it. Should a Dust Storm reach it and begin the merging process, and neither are killed, at the end of the turn Ashes and Dust is reborn.

Usually I use the black pebbles as blasted landscape for my Legion or dead earth for my Rezzers, but here I also added a touch of green, new life, springing from the earth.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, do oath one Ten Thunders Brother! This is for Malifaux's Ten Thunders faction, by Wyrd Games!

I need to double check their fluff when I get home, but I think this is also gonna count for the jurnal

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

The Ten Thunder Brothers of Malifaux are known for keeping sentry over the Ten Thunders' interests, and this one is guarding a chest!

Also All-For-One!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post446013661
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post447218276
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post448410077
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post449664461
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post450879190
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post452174800
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post453337443
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post454447667
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post455699595
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post456885316
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=74387#post458132408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Also just noting that the terrain piece wasn't part of my initial Oath for this month.

• Locked thread