Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, declare the first oath of the season!

Three Aragoto, Asuka Kisaragi, both forms of Yojimbo, two crazy koalas, and 4 Bao Troops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Just as a point of order, the initial declaration of the theme (in the second post) says at least 10%-25%. Might be worth changing ;)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Bao Troops

Asuka and her Aragoto bikers

Yojimbo, and friends

Claiming the Journal for the yellow bike, Themed Group for the Yu Jing Red Army if that's a thing this year, and 6-pack of course.

I had a terrible time trying to get the yellow to highlgiht properly, and the images sadly reflect how chalky the layers came out. I think I need to buckle down and glaze if I'm going to try and do larger areas with yellow. Rather happy with how vivid I got the reds though.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

June Oath!

one Doctor of the Ospedale from Carnevale in 28mm.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

Dannon Blythe from Warmachine/Hordes, in 28mm

KR Multicase!

Gonna hit up both of those monthly contests!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Been having some trouble getting my new camera to work well, so the focus on these is kinda wonky.

Privateer Press model, was really a pleasure to paint.

Carnevale Doctor. For the Challenge I tried to make him look like he was in the summer rain, using darker desaturated colors and rain splashes in the water on the base. Since so much of it relies on clear or reflective sections, it's hard to get a photograph to show it off properly. I enjoy the effect though, and will probably try and do the rest of my starter in this manner.

For my KR Multicase, I decided to go for the Box Art Challenge, and duplicate the art on the cover of the rulebook. It was really labor intensive, but I'm glad to have done it.

Signal fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 1, 2015

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

This was actually my first time! It was an odd mix between "a lot of fun," and "super-stressful."

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal Oath this armored dude (Major Slugger?) from Incursion (I think) in 28mm. (that part I know)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Theme Challenge and Aetherium Flag for the American Flag!

Signal fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 30, 2015

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Gonna oath for myself a cutter, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

A bit off topic, but I just got my starter set of DZC from last year's Oath Thread!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

LordAba posted:

I remembered! So, drum roll for the dice roll and...

Results 1d10: 1 [1d10=1] http://orokos.com/roll/317361

So Signal wins! I'll send out a PM, or post my email if you don't have it. Once I have shipping info I will end out Aetherium! The only thing I ask is that you post when you get it and let me know of your first impressions. ;)

Yay! Thank you!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Thanks LordAba, my Aetherium boxed set arrived! You're the best!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

My sister's a jerk who never brought back my light box, so I had to use my phone and a Frostgrave wizard sheet.

With the Cutter being a supposedly amphibious model, I decided it was designed to operate in the littoral region of Michael Bay, where the orange OSL helps it blend in with all of the other teal and orange movie trailers.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bavius posted:

What game system is this from? It looks great!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Check it out, it's pretty great. And corvus belli supported the oath thread in times past as well

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

lovestick posted:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: SIGNAL!
http://orokos.com/roll/327186

Yay! Thank you!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal do oath for this month:

The Blue Arcadia, from some random garage kit. A model that I've been assembling for a friend that has given me nothing but trouble. 1/1400 scale, I think.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete
And god did I hate this model.....

Claiming the Journal and Anime for the Arcadia from Captain Harlock.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

That is awesome. Is it for a game or "just" a model-model?

Just a model, a friend of mine asked me to paint it for his birthday, but the garage kit is definitely not the easiest thing I've assembled.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Theme Challenge and Aetherium Flag for the American Flag!

So, I never got the Journal point from my July Oath! (Also September is blank but I'm sure that's in progress :P )

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

A Solemn Oath:

Ten veteran guards from Rise of the Kage, by GCT Studios in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Uroboros posted:

Signal's KR case is so drat good I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself with an attempt.

Hey, thanks a lot! Just to reiterate though, everyone should definitely try things. Last year was the first time I've won anything, and that's largely the result of making myself do every challenge every month, and forcing myself to gently caress up all the time. There are some super talented people here, but the person you're really competing against is yourself.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!
Two copies of a Ninja, from Bushido/Rise of the Kage in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!
Two copies of a Ninja, from Bushido/Rise of the Kage in 28mm

Speed Painting Completed! Sleep is for the weak.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

This month was actually a lot of fun for me. Decided my black and white "horror" Journal would be from the point of view of the poor mooks in old samurai movies. The board game these are for have all the samurai in either passive or alert status, and the ninja switches between hidden and spotted. Black and White should give it a pretty fun effect on the board. :)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ah hell, I didn't put my username in my pictures. Is there a way I can take care of that?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath one harvest skeleton dudething!
From Reaper, 28mm

Signal fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 4, 2015

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

This is a fine, upstanding citizen out doing his Harvest work for the Journal. I'm going to be gone for the rest of the month, so I had to get it done quickly.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!
Two Tiger Soldiers, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath!
Two Tiger Soldiers, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Did I get approved? :f5:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!!! :siren:

This poo poo is amazing.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath Completed! :siren:

Two YuJing tiger soldiers, and an attempt to use GIMP for white balancing instead of photoshop. New things are hard.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and the Red everywhere is my Journal. :)

Signal fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 30, 2015

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Two Umbra, two Fraacta, a Maakrep, and Ko Dali from Infinity, in 28mm.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Technical Journal are the two Dark Elf Shades kitbashed from Corsair and Wildwood Ranger bits. I'm pretty happy with the results, I will be making more of these guys.

These dudes look like they're from Assassin's Creed, and that's awesome.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Red Shoe posted:

:siren: Judgment Day! :siren:
(September)

Third Place, 1 Point: Ledgem
Second Place, 2 Points: Gareth Gobulcoque
First Place, 3 Points: LazyAngel
Jurnal, 1 Point: Dr. Gargunza

Wait.... we have judges? :v:

Congrats guys!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

The Red Terror, from Games Workshop

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

And for both the Retro and the Monthly challenges, I have a Red Terror. I was gonna write some fluff about how its first kills were just soaked with red, but whatever.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal do oath this Devil Dog Team, from Corvus Belli, in 28mm

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Getting better at pictures, but still not great. One thing I'm definitely learning is that I need to adjust my sealing technique: those models are unfortunately frosty. :(
My Journal/Challenge for the month is the blood on the Cameronian's KBar. Played with some stippling on the cloth harness, and really enjoyed the effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath the following:

A Hunzakut in 28mm from Infinity, and a Dragonborn thugdude from Reaper

• Locked thread