Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yooka would be rad if he wasn't loving eye-searing neon green, laylee would be rad if she was something entirely different and not the result of a horrible teleporter accident between stitch and rodan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bears are objectively superior to lizards

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Your complaints about that game are extremely petty in my opinion. Laylee's a cartoon bat, comparing her to Stitch is kind of disingenous as Stitch already looked like a bat anyways.

I quite like the look of it so far, and a lot of the touted features sound pretty fun, although I still wish it was Banjo.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I've been playing monster hunter freedom unite on ppsspp and nothing else for more than a month now. Send help.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Awesome! posted:

not enough anime

April is the month of anime surprises, May is the month of furry surprises :getin:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cabbagepots posted:

Your complaints about that game are extremely petty in my opinion. Laylee's a cartoon bat, comparing her to Stitch is kind of disingenous as Stitch already looked like a bat anyways.

I quite like the look of it so far, and a lot of the touted features sound pretty fun, although I still wish it was Banjo.
Does it bother you that none of them are gigantic and muscular?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Khanstant posted:

Isn't Adam Bowen notorious for something? I feel like I'm supposed to make fun of them but I can't remember why.

I think "notorious" is a bit much, but: Fiwer.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Adam Bowen ruined the 2002 gooncon scavenger hunt.

Page 2 furry surprise in honor of Yooka-laylee getting funded

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 2, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this is a weak rear end thread death to the false thread

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stux posted:

this is a weak rear end thread death to the false thread

is this where someone is suppose to quote and say "ban stux" or am I supposed to emptyquote in agreement

i'm still kind of catching up here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

is this where someone is suppose to quote and say "ban stux" or am I supposed to emptyquote in agreement

Ben stix

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wait, gently caress.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bran stacks.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Good luck. You'll get it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

it depends what day it is and how salty people currently are. current salt levels are at "pringles" so it's the former

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grump posted:

Been playing Pokemon Blue

Here's my team:

Blastoise
Raichu
Pidgeot
Hypno
Snorloax
(trynna get a Pinsir, son. Ya feel?)

You have good taste, friend

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Stux posted:

it depends what day it is and how salty people currently are. current salt levels are at "pringles" so it's the former

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
stux claimed to have a popular twitter account and i'm thinking it might be for pringles

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
yep "Flavor stacking has gotten a lot more interesting with #PringlesTortillas " from april 23rd, i heard stux say that irl once

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

Oh man. I love Pringles though :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodychill posted:

yep "Flavor stacking has gotten a lot more interesting with #PringlesTortillas " from april 23rd, i heard stux say that irl once

mods?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Rockers

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

We Are The Mods sounded like it could have been awesome.

quote:

The project had begun as a PlayStation 2 spiritual follow-up to the earlier hit 'The Warriors', but part way through the development cycle Rockstar New York asked us to switch Mods from a Sixth Generation to a Seventh Generation development, changing from the PlayStation 2 to the Xbox 360 as the primary development platform. Much of the content here reflects that change, with Mods being the first Seventh Generation project the team had worked on. It was a learning experience for everyone involved. The game was similar in design and style to "The Warriors" but set in 1960's England at the height of the "Mods" vs. "Rockers" era.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
do u guys like roguelikes

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Buttmeister posted:

When they had that roguelike sale on Steam last week I went to check it out and I owned almost every single game and the only ones I didn't looked absolutely terrible. Roguelikes are supreme gaming ownage

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Buttmeister posted:

Yeah!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
FTL continues to be fun years later. Best roguelike: spaceship roguelike.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Rougelikes are trash.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Roguelikes are cool when it's not just some lovely indie dev hoping that an RNG and permadeath will make up for their inability to actually balance a game.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm eagerly anticipating Hatred, the first AO game to release on Steam... i've already preordered it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

theultimo posted:

It's almost like Polygon has an agenda.

i'm not sure why i'm prepared to die on this hill for loving polygon, but all critics have an agenda

this thread IS better, tho

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sleeveless posted:

April is the month of anime surprises, May is the month of furry surprises :getin:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The last thread did not even had an anime surprise every page. V. dissapointed.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Accordion Man posted:

Rougelikes are trash.

spoken like someone who truly sucks at roguelikes

also should I play ADOM or ToME 4

Sleeveless posted:

Roguelikes are cool when it's not just some lovely indie dev hoping that an RNG and permadeath will make up for their inability to actually balance a game.

that's why u don't play graphical roguelikes that cost $$$

u play donationware and free roguelikes because the devs are usually bros and listen to the community

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Michaellaneous posted:

The last thread did not even had an anime surprise every page. V. dissapointed.

what can change the nature of a thread? :iiam:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Buttmeister posted:

also should I play ADOM or ToME 4

ADOM is more traditional, it has a bunch of specific monsters and set-pieces which will gently caress you over, unless you know exactly what to do. ToME is more modern style where you build up a huge array of skills and abilities which allow you to plow through 99% of monsters with ease, and then some messed up unique boss thing puts you down in 2 turns Angband style. I find ToME a bit boring, but it's also a lot more fair than ADOM. ADOM is terrifying and out to get you every single turn.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thread title should have been May May Tread.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

Buttmeister posted:

Only if they have the descriptors medtroidvania or dark souls-like, best if its both

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StoryTime posted:

ADOM is more traditional, it has a bunch of specific monsters and set-pieces which will gently caress you over, unless you know exactly what to do. ToME is more modern style where you build up a huge array of skills and abilities which allow you to plow through 99% of monsters with ease, and then some messed up unique boss thing puts you down in 2 turns Angband style. I find ToME a bit boring, but it's also a lot more fair than ADOM. ADOM is terrifying and out to get you every single turn.

ADOM is pretty great for being a buggy unfinished mess. Once you learn what your goals and quests should be depending on your character, it becomes really fun though. Spears still broken good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just play nethack

• Locked thread