Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You just keep on fighting those dangerous Nintendo fetishist elites you made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

i'm pretty sure that merely owning this is considered legal proof that you're a furry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAkCAH_a3o&t=85s

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I guess I was conflating Nintendo fans with the people who get pissy about plot in games, which is unfair.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ahahaha the thing is i didn't even know it had this kind of poo poo in it because i stopped playing after 30 minutes

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo Fetishists are real, Other M exists.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

bloodychill posted:

I guess I was conflating Nintendo fans with the people who get pissy about plot in games, which is unfair.

Oh ok, I was going to ask since I also I don't recall the Nintendo guys specifically going against story. I personally can't tolerate story in games and I'm still only starting to check the n64 and game cube libraries.

By the way, Started playing Mana Khemia 2 and it's an awesome game despite of the infuriating amount of dialog. Locking yourself into the laboratory and getting out super-powerful never gets old.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bloodychill posted:

You should probably just stop trying to say "Everyone who disagrees with me is elitist".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Won't someone think of the 99% who care about RPG plots? This is late capitalism.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo is trying to find ways to get people to purchase hardware and software to go along with amiibos. Because as it is people are just buying the amiibos and skipping the hardware and software.

Really goes to show that people care more about Nintendo as an icon instead of what content they actually shove out the door.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Perhaps I am mistaking the passive aggression of people saying "I enjoy fun games" to criticize something as elitism

Alain Post posted:

Won't someone think of the 99% who care about RPG plots? This is late capitalism.

The 99% are the CoD-playing peasants I'll have you know

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 1, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Perhaps I am mistaking the passive aggression of people saying "I enjoy fun games" to criticize something as elitism
Perhaps stop posting, you're almost as bad as the Taint Reaper, and that guy reaps taints.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
FAU'd again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Perhaps stop posting, you're almost as bad as the Taint Reaper, and that guy reaps taints.

I was only given this name because I wouldn't stop PMing mods at random with rows of GIFs featuring Milla Maxwell shaking her booty at the camera.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I was only given this name because I wouldn't stop PMing mods at random with rows of GIFs featuring Milla Maxwell shaking her booty at the camera.
Did the mods also teach you to post badly?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The problem with your posting is not your username, but it makes sense that you would think that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bloodychill posted:

Try actually supporting your position instead of just calling everyone who disagree with you elitists who are mad as hell about your opinions, because it makes you sound like a beta bitch.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

bloodychill posted:

Oh lol. I aways assume they are just going against people that are maybe too critical towards games in general.

e: not as an attack but as a reaction to the heavier criticism.

program666 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 1, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did the mods also teach you to post badly?

Actually my Mods are dead, they were shot in the back alley by a lone Redditor and I was raised by a wild pack of animes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Alain Post posted:

Try actually supporting your position instead of just calling everyone who disagree with you elitists who are mad as hell about your opinions, because it makes you sound like a beta bitch.

And you should read what you post before you say it because you come off as a loving schizo. Posting about the "99% of people who enjoy RPG plots" without recognizing that elitism is inherently a minority position or that you're posting in a forum where people have a hard time admitting they enjoy games for the plot is some serious cognitive dissonance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Broseph Brostar posted:

Super Metroid is like the fourth meteoidvania game made

metroid 1
Castlevania 2

and... zelda 2? whats the third one?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bloodychill posted:

And you should read what you post before you say it because you come off as a loving schizo. Posting about the "99% of people who enjoy RPG plots" without recognizing that elitism is inherently a minority position or that you're posting in a forum where people have a hard time admitting they enjoy games for the plot is some serious cognitive dissonance.

People who actively give a poo poo about video game plots are not some kind of vast silent majority. The hottest game market right now is mobile games, which are generally very casual and mechanical. Even if you wanted to discount mobile games, you still have a very large percentage of people who play sports games, competitive shooter games, and MOBAs. These people are not the elite, and they are not giving a poo poo about the feels that the Bioshock titty girl gave them. Beta bitch boy.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
None of those people post here. Where on the doll did tumblr touch you, you strange, strange man

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 1, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Holy poo poo.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

thank god may is almost over

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hog Inspector posted:

thank god may is almost over

They'll all come back.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

metroid 1
Castlevania 2

metroid 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh duh

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Real hurthling! posted:

metroid 1
Castlevania 2

Oh I forgot about Castlevania 2, the third one I had was legacy of the wizard

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I feel like playing D3 again, and I'm... not really sure why

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Hi I am Problem Sleuth and I like story in games. Which means I am perennially disappointed because games writers usually suck for some reason

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

me too... ive mostly given up on it tho
witcher 3s all right tho; nothing miraculous but the dialogue's good and it's full of good subplots
pillars was pretty good for high fantasy too

so yea i can see either side of it but not being all mad at each other

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You guys need to play adventure games, because that's where the quality writing has been for years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Accordion Man posted:

You guys need to play adventure games, because that's where the quality writing has been for years.

*combines fishing pole and pancakes, uses on forklift to progress*

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

*combines fishing pole and pancakes, uses on forklift to progress*

Broken Age was really disappointing, wasn't it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Before this month ends I must share wisdom:

There is a reason WiiU is one letter from Wifu.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Nasgate posted:

Before this month ends I must share wisdom:

There is a reason WiiU is one letter from Wifu.

e: otherwise i don't know what you're saying

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well Nintendo knows their target audience

Also the next nintendo system is Android based. They have learned....nothing!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That's... actually not a bad plan, though? Like, I can think of a lot of benefits for moving to a proprietary Android hack and not a lot of downsides.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Does anyone know what the gently caress happened to the entire genre of arcade-y sports games? I understand that with EA just outright buying the NFL license it's a lot harder to make a successful football game that isn't Madden but the only surviving type of arcade sport is racing, and even that is dwindling. Even with the indie boom it's been like three or four years and there's not a single NBA Jam-alike or even something like Mutant Football League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VideoGames posted:

the miiverse is one of the best things about owning a wiiu

Yeah...

Lady Naga posted:

Does anyone know what the gently caress happened to the entire genre of arcade-y sports games? I understand that with EA just outright buying the NFL license it's a lot harder to make a successful football game that isn't Madden but the only surviving type of arcade sport is racing, and even that is dwindling. Even with the indie boom it's been like three or four years and there's not a single NBA Jam-alike or even something like Mutant Football League.

It's due for a comeback. The reason it went away is because the license holders kept pushing for realism, and having the license guaranteed much higher sales, so it just kept getting more and more loving boring.

There WAS a Blood Bowl video game not too long ago, but it was a replication of the surprisingly unfun tabletop game instead of being Mario Kart But With Football And Blood.

• Locked thread