Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Adam Bowen posted:

Sure, I bet millions of people would be lining up to pay for a series of 15 year old games that they never bothered to play the first time around

Too bad Crytek hold the keys to the franchise and are content to do nothing with it but slyly reference it every few years.

The CEO even said "Yeah I'd love to remake it but it'd cost too much money I guess so nah"

EDIT: Sarcastic as you are being, they still hold up pretty well today as far as FPS's from the early 2000's go.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nasgate posted:

It's incredibly frustrating that large developers, who can set trends, are more lazy about the small stuff as your average indie developer.

It's poo poo brown and looks like I'm still playing Warcraft in the 90s.

God forbid I want games to look nice. especially if the gameplay is braindead simple.

Would neon pink be more preferable?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Diablo 3 is actually a pretty colourful game in all honesty, there was a load of backlash when it was demoed by people saying it looked cartoony and not grimdark like D1 and 2, the UI being red/brown matches the game perfectly, as the dude above me said, there really is no other colour it could have been in a game where you fight the forces of Hell.

• Locked thread