Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I reinstalled the game and the frame rate problem vanished. Yay, now I've just gotta stop trying to use a grappling hook to travel all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

I reinstalled the game and the frame rate problem vanished. Yay, now I've just gotta stop trying to use a grappling hook to travel all the time.

Yeah, with the framerate issues I could see how you could think you were playing JC3 :v:

For real though I went back to GTA:O and kept trying to grapple buildings.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I noticed mine get sketchy when I'm pursuing a convoy while it's still just a dust cloud. Also this thing where the game freaks out about which sky box it should be using happens a lot. Occasionally I catch the moon turn into different crescents or the sky turn different shades of color multiple times a second.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Pound_Coin posted:

Yeah, with the framerate issues I could see how you could think you were playing JC3 :v:

For real though I went back to GTA:O and kept trying to grapple buildings.

Exactly this. I wanted a better sniper vantage and was confused when I couldn't grapple up onto some rocks.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
The fully upgraded side mounted flame throwers are such death.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is the game supposed be quite hard once you get to Pink Eye's territory? Everything I have seems so underlevelled. Need to get a level 4 harpoon I suppose.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Are you supposed to bring back cars you win in Death Races back to the fortress?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I think I might actually like this game slightly more than Just Cause 3 which I have really bad buyer's remorse over.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The big nothing just murdering you regardless of your car upgrades is extremely weak

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

frank.club posted:

The big nothing just murdering you regardless of your car upgrades is extremely weak

I just beat the game, took the Interceptor, drove out past the Dunes into the nothing until I died, then quit and uninstalled. They should have programmed in an automatic boot to main menu if you do it in that car, at least.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did you just spoil the end of the game?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

Did you just spoil the end of the game?

Only in that he said you end the game with the car that the movie starts with.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's also in the vehicles list from the very start, complete with unlock criteria so.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

poor life choice posted:

Only in that he said you end the game with the car that the movie starts with.

I meant frank's post more so.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Reverse Centaur posted:

If you're implying that the end of the game is Max driving out and getting destroyed regardless of his upgrades, no, that is not a thing that happens.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverse Centaur posted:

The big nothing is there at any point in the game

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

OK, obviously I haven't finished it, so was just wondering.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's just the desert when you drive off map, dude.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah that's a bummer too because on Gamespot they were talking about how the world "never ended." I figured that just meant it would generate boring desert forever, but even that's better than what amounts to an invisible wall.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I went in a straight line from one southern death races to the next in Gutgash's territory and dipped into the big nothing. There was a ship full of the Cenobite looking cannibal guys with some scrap. Not marked on the map that I could see, I've finished the main campaign but haven't built the survey project for that area.

Is there just... stuff on the edge of the map? "Never ends" is a stretch but I like the feel of the wasteland more than, say, the sea of rooftops in asscreed games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

poor life choice posted:

Is there just... stuff on the edge of the map? "Never ends" is a stretch but I like the feel of the wasteland more than, say, the sea of rooftops in asscreed games.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in the borders to the big nothing, some deeper than others. Unfortunately, much like a lot of the loot in the game, it's rarely worth the detour when you can just sit tight and wait for the automatic scrap to roll in. That is like my number one gripe with the game.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I like the Big Nothing. lots of open world games have you literally bump into an invisible wall (or in the AC games, a visible one) and just throw a "you can't go that way" message at you. This way of showing the world's borders makes more sense in the context of the game, and I also like the fact that it's not really a hard edge giving you the ability to explore a little bit out there.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Plus it's loving amazing when a storm rolls in off the desert ocean when you're nearby.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is there a faster way to deal with minefields than with the dog and the buggy?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kurtofan posted:

Is there a faster way to deal with minefields than with the dog and the buggy?

Yeah, they're always in the same triangle, so drive the magnum opus into one mine to find them, then shoot thunderpoons where the others "should be". It'll take a couple tries, but you'll get them.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 21, 2015

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004

dogstile posted:

Yeah, they're always in the same triangle, so drive the magnum opus into one mine to find them, then shoot thunderpoons where the others "should be". It'll take a couple tries, but you'll get them.

..Don't do this without at least lvl2 armour upgrades installed. You'll explode.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just get out of the car before the actual death explosion? or does it bypass that? its been a while

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004

I think with less than lvl2 it's insta-death but honestly i'd have to check.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Nah, I never even bought a single armor upgrade, but you'll survive as long as you're at full health and no less.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The best way to keep this game interesting and challenging through the entire campaign is to never do the stronghold upgrade projects. I did it that way on my second play through and it was much better.

Also there needs to be an option to reset convoys. Because I left one of the lighter convoys in gutgash's territory alive until after I had the heaviest grill, heaviest armor, and heaviest engine. As it turned out I was approaching them head on at close to full speed and was like bowling with cars, it instantly scrapped 3 of the regular convoy vehicles and probably would have one shot the lead truck too if I had hit that in more than a glancing blow. At its maximum weight the magnum opus is ridiculous against unarmored enemies. Too bad the game is pretty much over and empty by the time you have cleared enough to get all those upgrades...

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Can someone explain a bit how unlocked melee Skills work ? I see you can buy all these swell sounding parry & finisher moves, but from what I can see having only one of them apparently "equipped" at a time seems kind of limiting.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They all become active once purchased, there is no equipping them.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

A lot of them are context based, you'll get a prompt when you can do something fancy.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So the "equipped" is a lie, got it. Thanks !

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Really enjoying this after picking it up on sale.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

This made me laugh, and is now in my random wallpaper folder. Thanks!

(I need to get back to this game and actually finish it. I was enjoying the hell out of it, but then got distracted by a combination of Bloodborne and The Witness, which is quite the combo.)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

aas Bandit posted:

This made me laugh, and is now in my random wallpaper folder. Thanks!

(I need to get back to this game and actually finish it. I was enjoying the hell out of it, but then got distracted by a combination of Bloodborne and The Witness, which is quite the combo.)

Every time I manage to harpoon a person I spend the next few minutes trying to get the perfect screenshot with them whipping through the air.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Every time I manage to harpoon a person I spend the next few minutes trying to get the perfect screenshot with them whipping through the air.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

If I recall, this sniper was playing super hard to get with me. What a jerk :mad:

Sometimes I want to play this again, but just with some sort of new game+ thing with all the fun late game toys unlocked. I wonder if modding this ever made any progress, seems I remember gibbed mentioning mod progress with Just Cause 3 was enabling folks to figure out how things here worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

EDIT:

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 24, 2016

• Locked thread