Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
"Where'd I park my car?"

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Has there been any progress in the modding community for this one yet?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Now that I finally got this with the Humble Monthly, I remember there was something that I was supposed to be on the lookout for. Something like "don't finish the outpost upgrades until..."

I can't remember what it was and it's driving me crazy, any idea?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

One thing everyone was saying was to not destroy too many of the convoys. They don't respawn.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Now that I finally got this with the Humble Monthly, I remember there was something that I was supposed to be on the lookout for. Something like "don't finish the outpost upgrades until..."

It can create a bug if you completely upgrade a stronghold before finishing the story, iirc.

Just don't bother investing in the stockpiles until last (and only if you want the achievements, they're otherwise worthless)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It's a tragedy that this game never got season pass content.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dragonstoned posted:

Has there been any progress in the modding community for this one yet?

The mod progress on Just Cause 3 apparently taught people show mods might work here, but that was the last thing I ever heard :(

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Nothing comes to mind.

Fully upgraded thunderpoon makes the vehicle combat kind of trivial.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.

Mokinokaro posted:

It can create a bug if you completely upgrade a stronghold before finishing the story, iirc.

Just don't bother investing in the stockpiles until last (and only if you want the achievements, they're otherwise worthless)

Many people would recommend not upgrading the outposts at all, as doing so makes for a very different (and much easier) game experience. The upgrades effectively remove scarcity from the game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Who the gently caress would recommend that for that reason?

The real reason not to upgrade all of them is that they're a worthless time and scrap sink, you only need one.

Christ, I'd love to have a quicker non-storm related way to get tons of scrap fast cause the grind is ridiculous.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 4, 2016

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The suggestion was to only upgrade Deep Friars because it goes the quickest but youhave to push the story to get there.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If you only get one upgrade, get the one that picks up scrap automatically.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Fuel and water arent scarce but it still is convenient to get refills when fast traveling to the bases.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had a gift card, and bought this and the Uncharted collection for PS4 yesterday.

I definitely had more desire to play Mad Max. This game seriously owns.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Picked this up during the ongoing PS4 sale. I think I like it more than Just Cause 3 actually. Game looks beautiful, but the loadtimes are a bit poo poo.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

I'd really like to use the Fury Road SweetFX stuff linked in the OP, but I can't get it to work--using both the included setup tool and manually copying files, it just hangs on a black screen on launch. Am I being a dumb and missing something obvious?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Just started playing this after finishing Dark Souls 3, so on reflex the fights have been me constantly using slow heavy punches and dodge rolls, with the occasional parry when I remember I can do it.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Has there been any word on post-release content?

I've been eyeballing this game for a time, waiting for a GOT-Edition to go on sale. That likely won't happen with zero DLC or modding capability however.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I've been eyeballing this game for a time, waiting for a GOT-Edition to go on sale. That likely won't happen with zero DLC or modding capability however.

not gonna happen

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Still worth picking up though, game is good. Wait for 50% or so if you want, but it's worth a play.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I wonder if one could improvise a game+ via cheat engine. So lame you get all the super fun unlocks once the game is nearly over :(

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'd really like to see a sequel with more poo poo respawning like convoys or some kind onf ng+ mode, and with Mordor's Nemesis system integrated into the game, but none of those things are gonna happen i guess :( Although there's like, 2 more movies in the pipeline right?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Capn Beeb posted:

I wonder if one could improvise a game+ via cheat engine. So lame you get all the super fun unlocks once the game is nearly over :(

I got the bug where you can't access the garage after the last story mission, so I can't use any of the new stuff I've unlocked!

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric
This game is massive I've been playing it on and off for months and can't remember the last story mission I did before last night. Just going round clearing out camps and blowing poo poo up. I'm glad I don't have the full OCD desire to clear every last scavenging location though.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You should've done the story missions to be able to do all the camps using glorious V8 power.

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric
Whenever I play games like this I always feel the need to mop up all the side stuff before I finish the story. Thing is, I have no idea how far I am with the story on this. I've literally just got to Gastown.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

mark-p87 posted:

Whenever I play games like this I always feel the need to mop up all the side stuff before I finish the story. Thing is, I have no idea how far I am with the story on this. I've literally just got to Gastown.

Probably actually like 2/3 done with the story then, roughly. There's some V8-getting shenanigans then some poo poo goes down and it starts to wrap up. The latter part of the story is where it really gets good, though. Defnitely play it through in a reasonably direct fashion. Don't stop for too much side poo poo after you get the V8.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mark-p87 posted:

I'd recommend against this. Clearing Scrotums camps stops his guys patrols, clearing scavenger locations stops the other patrols.

I finished the game after that, so I got all the hidden iconic stuff, but nothing to do but death runs :smith:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The lack of a respawn feature so you can't even use your stuff is indeed a crime.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Riso posted:

The lack of a respawn feature so you can't even use your stuff is indeed a crime.

Trust me, that or the fact that there's not a NG+ are the only negatives I have against this game. I'm giving it a rest for a little bit before I go and do a minimal as possible finish so that I can drive around in the interceptor being classic Max

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Just got this on PC.

Is the X360 controller good enough for everything or is it worth switching back to the keyboard for the shooting parts?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Only used the gamepad and I have no complaints.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

The game didn't sell too good due to coming out against MGS and having zero marketing, so DLC is just not in the cards.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Just got this on PC.

Is the X360 controller good enough for everything or is it worth switching back to the keyboard for the shooting parts?

I used KB/M for everything and it was also fine. Pretty much whatever you're comfortable with.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I used the keyboard when on foot and the controller when in the cars, much like Grand Theft Auto on the PC this is the truest way to play.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It still blows me away that this was better pulled off than JC3.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crabtree posted:

It still blows me away that this was better pulled off than JC3.

Launch JC3 was a let down, but after the jet pack and mech DLC, JC3 rocks.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Finished this game today finally. It was fun but a bit of a collectathon. Is there anything that pops up after the credits besides the one creepy Intel encounter that is right by where you're dropped off for the endgame? I know I can finish up everything I had left hanging but I probably won't do that as I just have death races left so I'm trying to make sure I'm safe to uninstall.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

There's a handful of encounters that pop up after the end but I'm not sure if there's a reliable way of making them spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Epi Lepi posted:

Finished this game today finally. It was fun but a bit of a collectathon. Is there anything that pops up after the credits besides the one creepy Intel encounter that is right by where you're dropped off for the endgame? I know I can finish up everything I had left hanging but I probably won't do that as I just have death races left so I'm trying to make sure I'm safe to uninstall.

I stopped playing as soon as I beat the game, what was the intel encounter?

• Locked thread