Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Finally caved and bought this game at a deep discount. Embarrassingly I just watched the new movie too so I'm much more hyped for it. Is it possible to just mainline the main story and not do fetch quests too much?

You mostly can unless you want to max out your car. Unfortunately, certain parts are linked to completing all the bullshit side quests in a specific region. Most of them aren't that bad, but the bomb disposal side quest is terrible. If you decide you want to do it to get car parts, I'd recommend finding a map on google of where all the bombs are to save yourself some grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

You also get the best armor and shotgun upon completing the story, so it ends up working out a little better to do that and then go back to clean up on whatever collectibles you want to do, at least personally.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
What makes the post-game shotgun so good? I used it for a while but I went back to the fully upgraded regular shotgun for races because it can blow off even armored wheels :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Reverse Centaur posted:

Finally caved and bought this game at a deep discount. Embarrassingly I just watched the new movie too so I'm much more hyped for it. Is it possible to just mainline the main story and not do fetch quests too much?

Absolutely!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Crappy Jack posted:

You also get the best armor and shotgun upon completing the story, so it ends up working out a little better to do that and then go back to clean up on whatever collectibles you want to do, at least personally.

I actually disagree that the classic shotgun you get is better than the 4 Barrel one you can craft. The damage difference is negligible and having 4 shots before reloading is way more useful.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Plus standing in the middle of a group of warboys, shooting off North South East and West leaving you with nothing but a pile of dead dudes is awesome in every way.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

AirRaid posted:

I actually disagree that the classic shotgun you get is better than the 4 Barrel one you can craft. The damage difference is negligible and having 4 shots before reloading is way more useful.

That shotgun was the only reason I got the "kill X dudes during rage".

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I just picked this up and I got to Jeet's camp for the first time. Immediately after I decided to do the first Barrel Bash as it was on the way to the next objective. Is this supposed to really loving bad or am I just terrible at this game? Any bump I take sends me immediately to the back of the pack as I spend 10 seconds getting back on the road and on one of the last corners a sniper pops one of my tires 98% of the time so I can't finish the race. Can I clear the zone before the race and just breeze through?

edit: On one attempt a car that was not in the race flew in out of nowhere and took me out, wasn't even racing just ramming me over and over again

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Duke posted:

I just picked this up and I got to Jeet's camp for the first time. Immediately after I decided to do the first Barrel Bash as it was on the way to the next objective. Is this supposed to really loving bad or am I just terrible at this game? Any bump I take sends me immediately to the back of the pack as I spend 10 seconds getting back on the road and on one of the last corners a sniper pops one of my tires 98% of the time so I can't finish the race. Can I clear the zone before the race and just breeze through?

edit: On one attempt a car that was not in the race flew in out of nowhere and took me out, wasn't even racing just ramming me over and over again

If that's the Death Race I think it is that took me a few tries too, kill the snipers along the way first then go back and do it. Don't go full speed because that will happen and also the car you're in is a precious fragile baby that will explode if anything looks at it. Maybe ram second place once to cause a pileup then coast through the rest.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Duke posted:

The second the race starts shotgun a couple of peoples tires out. Just do one before moving onto the next car. And follow RBA Starblade advice and try to take out some of the snipers towers as well.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

According to the Just Cause 3 thread, the modding research/work being done on that is going to make some Mad Max stuff possible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Junkenstein posted:

According to the Just Cause 3 thread, the modding research/work being done on that is going to make some Mad Max stuff possible.

We're getting a sequel? That's unexpected.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

We're getting a sequel? That's unexpected.

No, Just Cause 3 modding is going to open up Mad Max modding.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Thank God! Now maybe someone will make a nude mod and this can actually be a real video game now!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Thank God! Now maybe someone will make a nude mod and this can actually be a real video game now!

I'm gonna chum buckets.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm gonna chum buckets.

:perfect:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I hope so, this game desperately needs modding. I was hoping it would hit before Fallout 4 but alas~

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

someone make a mod where all of the vehicles in the game are extremely tiny but the world itself is at the same scale.

do it for just cause 3 as well.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Holy poo poo I just finished the game.

That war rig chase. I had just upgraded to the last shredder rim so I was just loving plowing through those Scrotus vehicles with that and the flamethrower :perfect:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish rolling actually did something in combat. And also that I'd target the loving war crier first, and that when it's locked on that it would not take Max all day to shoot the gun. It's making this camp pretty hard!

e: Oh cool dying in a camp resets it but you keep your stuff, and it teleports you somewhere random in the map. Great.

e: And that picking up weapons takes priority over scrap. And that the loading screen wasn't two minutes long on PS4.

e: Seriously? I go to finish it after finally getting the combat and some storm comes that takes up as far as I could tell before exploding the entire map, instantly nearly kills me at random, goes indefinitely, I can't heal in it because it justles just enough Chumbucket can't get out, and I instantly explode when I have to eject? When the game says to beat a camp here is it lying? Am I supposed to be somewhere else?

e: Dying in the storm reset me to some stronghold and also reset the camp's defense I hate you so much Gutgash.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 8, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Rolling gives you invincibility frames in the first few animations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Joe Gillian posted:

Rolling gives you invincibility frames in the first few animations.

It must start the moment I press the button then because if Max is mid-roll, leaving it, or lowering his chest he just gets hit.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah, it's a very small window, like in the Arkham games.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any word on if/when they're going to fix the slowdown stuff? I also noticed that ground texture has problems loading in sometimes and the cinematics' sound can be out of sync. I never had these problems at launch. Or are they done with the game and focusing their attention on Just Cause 3 support?

Edit: I really love the flavor dialogue, especially from Chum. I didn't know he responded to random comments or from wasteland intel people. Someone pointed out that I destroyed all the camps with a "surely it was your doing" or something like that and Chum was all "It was, and don't call him Shirley." It made me laugh.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 11, 2015

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I wouldn't expect anything more, officially. WB pretty much disowned this before it was released. Can't really blame them, I mean, who cares about Mad Max in 2015?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This game had like 3 or 4 post release patches, I'd hardly call that disowned before release.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chumbucket's great, I thought he'd be annoying but his dialogue is gold.

Also getting the upgrade that collects scrap while you're not playing is almost mandatory, poo poo gets expensive fast and a day's worth is like 150 right there. I still can't get dodging to work but I've gotten more upgrades so I can just tank through everything in fistfights with fury mode. The car constantly feels underpowered though (which I guess is the point). It needs more armor!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

AirRaid posted:

This game had like 3 or 4 post release patches, I'd hardly call that disowned before release.

I'm finding it almost unplayable on ps4. Like I want to play it but the frame rate makes it too frustrating.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Reverse Centaur posted:

I'm finding it almost unplayable on ps4. Like I want to play it but the frame rate makes it too frustrating.

The frame rate on PS4 for me is okay but the load times are garbage. I won't do the death races because of them.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

AirRaid posted:

That's fair, you can't really complain about the bug fixing support from the developers. I just meant more how WB didn't really push this at all, considering it ticks all the open-world boxes that publishers think everyone wants and is coming off the back of the one of the most zeitgeist grabbing films of the last decade, but they just put it out there the same day as MGSV and let it die. I think I said it before, but the fact that WB, the kings of overpriced DLC, didn't release anything extra shows they must not have had any confidence in it, for reasons that aren't really obvious.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Reverse Centaur posted:

Maybe you should try uninstall and redownload the game? I don't have any issues like this.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Junkenstein posted:

I wouldn't expect anything more, officially. WB pretty much disowned this before it was released. Can't really blame them, I mean, who cares about Mad Max in 2015?
Anybody who saw Fury Road and likes open world games? Was that a trick question? :confused:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Anybody who saw Fury Road and likes open world games? Was that a trick question? :confused:

Fury Road? that came out all the way back in the spring, gramps. it's all about Star Wars and Donald Trump now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm finally making my way through this and I've taken to driving in first person whenever I'm tooling around the open world. It makes convoy runs completely exhilarating! The game still looks great up close, too. In fact it kinda makes me wish the engine was used for Fallout or something.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Earwicker posted:

Fury Road? that came out all the way back in the spring, gramps. it's all about Star Wars and Donald Trump now.

Speaking of which...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just had a weird glitch where I was caught in some sort of perma storm. The winds, flying junk, and sweet, sweet, scrap chest had stopped but everything was sort of washed out and lightning kept striking everywhere. Kinda eerie.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Veg posted:

Maybe you should try uninstall and redownload the game? I don't have any issues like this.

Gonna try this after I finish Just Cause. Hope it works.

It's fairly consistent bad frame rate so I can imagine it wouldn't bother some people. Like half the game is 15fps and lower action is closer to 30.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Reverse Centaur posted:

Gonna try this after I finish Just Cause. Hope it works.

It's fairly consistent bad frame rate so I can imagine it wouldn't bother some people. Like half the game is 15fps and lower action is closer to 30.

I've played the game at my friends houses too man. Nothing even close to that happens regularly.

I had frame rate drops, dont get me wrong, but they lasted 5-10 seconds and only happened maybe 10 times in total.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't remember having any major frame rate drops on PS4. I do have a hybrid drive in and was playing a digital version, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Got a bit of choppiness during vehicle combat on PS4, but never the constant 5 fps slideshow people on the internet were braying about.

• Locked thread