Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Also the game's gone through a LOT of iterations, at first it was going to be a "Game of the Movie" thing like King Kong, but that was scrapped during production and was retooled into the current thing. So yes, there WAS a version of the game that had you fighting Immortan Joe, but this game is no longer that.

Aw. But then I could have played as Furiosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unless you're willing to wait go PS4.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really wish this wasn't coming out on Phantom Pain day.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Definitely. Can't believe the foolishness going on here. It's embarrassing that the people making this game think it's even close to George Miller's Mad Max films.

Fortunately nobody actually claimed that.

I don't think Shadow of Mordor is close to the Tolkien books but i still think it is a good game. Somehow A does not mean B.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

This looks like a bad game, and one that lacks any meaningful connection to Mad Max, though.

I think it looks pretty fun and I don't particularly care if it has a 'meaningful connection' to Mad Max. I didn't care when it was called Fallout either.

Like you pretty clearly don't actually care about the game, you care that it doesn't live up to your idea of a Mad Max game. Have fun with that. Making snide comments about how it looks bad because it isn't ~true to the original films~ is utterly meaningless when discussing a game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sedisp posted:

Neither does Dido to be honest.

Oh, he's just being a dumb troll. Gotcha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

WB must really be worried about MGS/feeling guilty about AK to offer such a preorder deal.

I suspect they're more worried about the fact it's hitting the same day as one of the most anticipated games of the year which is getting a ton of extremely positive pre-release hype and which has unfortunate demographic overlap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Are there any open world games that don't basically become checklists by the end?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is CDkeys.com legit? That sounds like a fairly scummy website title.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I figure for $20 I can now safely take the risk even if I don't play it until after I finish Phantom Pain. Worst comes to worst I'm out a $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I am kind of wondering what happened with Beyond Thunderdome. Those are 2 very different movies crammed into the same one. I probably should rewatch it now that I know that it curves sharply and maybe I will find some different meaning to it.

Didn't his co-creator die during or shortly before Beyond Thunderdrome so it just kinda made him eh to work on it?

• Locked thread