Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yup, BJ is talking all over the place.

New trailer looks decent, I do like they went with an Australian after their first trailer had an American, although I think they just got the Australian intern to record it, not a voice actor (or they just told a voice actor to be Australian) That Donal Gibson clip above is pretty great, would have been neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is fanmade, but here is a collection of gameplay footage with the Fury Road soundtrack (Brothers in Arms) over the top, it sets the mood very nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuVOr2owYQ

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

BexGu posted:

Still really considering giving it the $35 pre-order chance off of GMG. Last game I took the cheap pre-order risk for was Dying Light and that sucker turned out to be amazing.

Heads up, game is 30AUD (or 22.70USD) at ozgameshop, much better than greenmangaming deal, although I don't know if it comes with the preorder car, I presume it does.

Steam key version, decent retailer:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/mad-max-pc-cd-key-download-for-steam

I bought it this evening after looking at gmg and amazon (not up for sale yet there)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Capn Beeb posted:

How's this work, region wise? Be a bummer to get a region locked Steam key :(

Also, anyone know what DRM this is using? I went looking around and could only find an article from some Avalanche devs talking about invasive DRM is more trouble than it's worth.

I don't know, it is a store aimed at australians based out of the UK, although they sell physical things all over the world.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Only the in car stuff can be first person afaik. Still a fair chunk of the game though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Parkingtigers posted:

I just realised that I desperately want there to be a Main Force Patrol yellow interceptor body/paint scheme in this game. Look at this magnificent bastard.

It'd be great if there was an XB Falcon and a HQ Monaro body out in the wasteland. The MFP cars in the movie were ex-Victoria Police pursuit cars with a paintjob, highway patrol cars were yellow all over with POLICE decals on the side and HIGHWAY PATROL on the rear. It seems someone is driving an ex-cop car on the roads again, heritage plates and still has police decals and lights, interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWuE6AsdZCI

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 27, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We don't need another hero came on the radio as I was driving this evening... setting the mood for next week.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Those who got keys, how big is the download and what is the space requirement/install size after preload?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

BexGu posted:

A cross between that and Rictus Erectus.

It is actually his brother, the third son of Immortan Joe.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
21 hours to unlock. Just got my cdkey via email and I'm downloading it now.

Work in the morning, then I have afternoon (an hour before it unlocks) and the next two days off, this works out very well.

Have a Fury Road explosion: http://i.imgur.com/E0BcGTz.gifv http://imgur.com/n8JAC3B

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
5 hours in, what a fun game. I could see some parts getting old or repetitive but I'm having fun, haven't even ventured too far north yet even.

Brick Shipment posted:

He pronounced it wrong and used it in the wrong context though :argh:

Yeah, while it is nice to have some Australian voices in the game (a lot of the wasteland encounters/intel givers) I hate how Dinkey-di is mis-pronounced. Supposed to be Di as in Dye, not Di as in Dee.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Iron Rose posted:

Do you actually get anything out of disarming mines?

Shotgun shells.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Spying a convoy in the Colossus region from a balloon:

My first storm (other than tutorial one) I had just gotten to a scrap camp, killed the guys inside on foot while the storm arrived and got out just intime to my car. I found a loot crate, harpooned it to stop it blowing away and just after I opened it a piece of sheet metal hit me off a cliff.

I think I might turn all my settings to full as well, PC seems to be taking it easy with a GTX660Ti.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is something I love about the game. Right Hand drive cars.

For once I'm not getting it mixed up like in most open world games.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So I wanted to complete a project loot camp before driving around in the storm which just started. I went to squish some warboys before jumping out, one of them climbed on my bonnet and kicked my in the face through where the windshield is supposed to exist. Chumbucket came into the passenger seat to fight them off too :3:

Then I get out to fight them hand to hand but no, I can't do that. A lightning bolt hits two of them, turning them into gibs and throwing me on the ground. (yes that is a head in the air)

This game is the best.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The game is cheaper then the Fury Road DVD. vOv

Anyway, I when you have the ammo to spare I love throwing and shooting a jerrycan into a group of enemies. This was 8 people, now only one (plus one up the stairs)

And some fisticuffs in a duststorm while chumbucket repairs the magnum opus

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think my top five realistic (as in they could do it) dlc options would be:

Motorbike gangs. I get it if making them for the player doesnt work but having some rockraiders would be awesome.

War Rig convoy. Special convoy, perhaps only every few days and doesn't go on a loop, that way you only get one shot at taking it out. Allow for combat on vehicle if possible (like just cause)

Gyrocopter. Take dog, room for a fuel can and dlc includes molotovs you can drop while flying (also a snake) Bruce Spence npc mission giver.

Then some stuff like alternate characters for a newgame+ option or somerhing like the Arkham games. Mel Gibson Max model, Tom Hardy Max model, Furiosa, Toecutter, Goose.

More cars. MM1 Main Force Patrol pursuit interceptors Holden HQ Monaro & Ford XB Falcon and the two paintjobs for them.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Screenshot time:

easter egg, Max said "what is this?" when you view it

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 3, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Surveying the wasteland

Throne room

Pirates Ye Be Warned

I'm bummed I didn't get into the screenshot mode a second earlier when they were all praying at the alter.

Praise the crustaceans

Hitching a ride

Buzzard attack

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
More from my latest playsession, decided to move up north and do Pink Eye stuff, I've been clearing the south for long enough.

I liked this Top Dog encounter in a ruined towns basement. Unexpected.

Mad Max is the best Fallout game in years

Boom Buggies are awesome

Loved the design and feeling of this balloon outpost

Roadkill encounter

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Dinky Di
Australian Bush Vernacular: To stress truth; true blue; for Real; speaking the truth.

Gastown

drunkill fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 5, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'm waiting for someone (whoever did that New Blood fanvideo would be nice) to remake the pre-title intro to Fury Road in the game, max chilling on a clifftop eating a lizard, then getting thunderpooned by some Scrotus warparty.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

JFC posted:

I got genuinely creeped-out this morning venturing into the church. I normally listen to music when I play, but my playlist had ended just as I went in, so it was just me and my headphones and all the sounds down there. Spooky.

They did a really good job with the atmosphere in the game.The wide open areas in the early part of the game give a sense that you are vulnerable because you are highly visible to enemies from far away. Then you transition to canyons and hills that have surprises around every corner. Later you see more familiar signs of the former world like highway signs and old gas stations giving a feeling of loss. But the topper is as you get closer and closer to Gastown. The oppressive white and heat of the open desert feels liberating compared to the black sky with oil polluted land, giving an increasing feeling of dread. It's really feels like you are journeying to Mt. Doom.
Gastown is a modern Mordor. Tolkien make it as an industrial revolution type of place, this is a post internal combustion mordor.

Remember the whole Nobody goes to Ravenholm from Half Life 2?
It should be Nobody goes to Underdome.

That place is hosed up and so cool. Game has the best environments, indoor and outdoor.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
My trimmed down ride for a race:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The harpoon is on the back of the War Rig actually. Morsov shoots it before he gets two crossbow bolts in the face and chest and does his thunderpoon leap on the Buzzard car.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Wonderful. Post that as an album to imgur or something.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Bring me my lighties!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Olewithmilk posted:

Great, thank you! Will try it ASAP, think the Giant Bomb people are responsible for my mistaken feelings.

Giantbomb are bad at games, also bad at accurate information. If they'd just read tutorial tips they'd be better at games but no.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:madmax:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Westwoods Bladerunner was awesome.

https://youtu.be/acBnLMRIAD0
Lots of disk swapping though, I think it came on 6 cds?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, at least one of the Archangels is a reference to an AC/DC song - The Jack. There are already well-known AC/DC references in the films (I'm a rocker, I'm a roller!). I don't have the time or AC/DC knowledge to really comb through them, but I bet some or all of the rest of the archangels are either direct or oblique AC/DC references.

Well the E3 trailer played Hells Bells.
https://youtu.be/j_KC8H07vfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ties in well with the start of Fury Road, where there are more people too.

• Locked thread