Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

TescoBag posted:

I need to try this game. I saw it when it originally came out and thought it looked great.

The downside of this game is that every encounter up until you get the bow is "Intimidate guy until you can kick him off cliff, stab his stupid friend".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ram is cheap as hell nowadays anyway. I've got 16GB because I wanted to use my PC for a few work related projects and it cost me pretty much nothing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A: Blow up car
B: Blow up car
C: Blow up car

I get that its about blowing up cars, but they should probably show off more than that in the official trailers.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Crabtree posted:

Well he is is a dev and many are known to not be the best at their own games, so it's more like fully upgraded or not, the skill of the driver is what counts.

And there might also be some unfortunate truth to the PC requirements if running at the highest of ultra setting melts even the dev's pc.

Yeah with the combat system i'm fairly sure that i'm going to be able to walk through every single camp. To much shadow of mordor.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, Elder Scrolls and Fallout are just "Do I have x legendary weapon yet? No? Better go get it" by the end.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you're in the UK, try CD keys, its £13

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ImpAtom posted:

Is CDkeys.com legit? That sounds like a fairly scummy website title.

I had the same problem until I started using it. It took a few of my friends a few months to convince me (they eventually just bought me a key off the website as proof).

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jesus christ that's brutal.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Pirate Jet posted:

Nope. There was actually a huge thread here complaining when Ubisoft revoked Far Cry 4 keys from that site a few months ago.

If it helps, last time CD keys hosed up they refunded if you asked.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mokinokaro posted:

Polygon's review is mostly whining about archetypical and sexist characters. It's like they don't get Mad Max at all.

Yeah, had to check, they say the chick in the game is there to make the bad guy seem more evil and to be a love interest. Oh no, stop the presses, a trope someone doesn't like is being used.

gently caress em, the games about beating up thugs and rad as gently caress car chases.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm still picking up the game first thing tomorrow morning but that IS dumb as dogshit considering the movie it's being released in the same summer as.

Nah, I didn't expect the game to be the same as the film.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I played it last night and subsequently only had time for around five hours sleep, rather than my usual seven. Totally worth it, can't wait to come back tonight and stab more dudes with shivs.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Junkenstein posted:

£12 on cdkeys.com.

Its £12 now? Motherfuckers, I could have saved £2! No i'm not actually angry, goon who would take that seriously, you know who you are

Parkingtigers posted:

So I'm clearing out the first camp, and the game chose that moment to throw its first storm at me. :allears:

I think that ones scripted, I got hit by it too.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly, the screenshot I have of a car blowing up behind me with the driver being flung over my car via harpoon says more about the game than I ever could.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I don't think i've ever gone under 90% fuel. Its so abundant.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

MinibarMatchman posted:

though part of me is afraid I'll get to that "uber god" point like in Mordor where everything was way, way too easy.

If you're good at the combat, its pretty much way way to easy from the get go anyway, as "spam melee, counter every now and again" is supplemented by "shoot guy you can't dodge".

The car combat actually seems hard vs some enemies (i'm pretty pissed that there was no reward for (chumbucket base) killing everyone who was attacking chumbuckets base as that took me ages and I had to drive off and repair a few times.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Rugged stubbly grim-faced leather-clad protector cradling a cute animal in his arms in a fatherly fashion. Dang, this year's Wasteland Hunks calendar is really pulling out all the stops.

I took the exact same screenshot, same spot and everything. It was one of the ones I ultimately deleted but that's really quite funny.

Muttonchips posted:

No aircraft. < No poo poo man, the whole games about building a car that can actually get across the plains. It would be a bit dumb if you could just go "lol" and use a plane.

-Scarcity of ammo < Again, this is kind of the point of the world.

-Dull AI War boys are dumb as hell fanatics. Smart isn't their thing

-Lack of weapons Remember that ammo thing? Same concept.

You're a picky one man.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Storms are great and I wish they'd spawn more often, once every two hours or so would be great.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Capn Beeb posted:

*honk honk*

WITNESS MEEEE

I feel like this needs more attention, holy poo poo my sides.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Spoiler that dude

Jesus man.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think i've died in combat maybe once from melee. Its really not difficult, when lots of people are about just alternate x and y.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fans posted:

Not yet. The upgrades are just clip size and reload speed, but I've never felt I needed that. I'll likely leave it until last, if I ever do it at all.

I have a habit of setting up on convoy routes and sniping out the wheels of half the convoy before they get to me, its very good for that. I noticed one of the convoy routes actually had red barrels hanging from a highway (its at the top of jeets area) which I didn't have the good sense to use because I was busy sniping.

Also, in regards to the manservant:

Tony Montana posted:

No, it's a videogame.

Exactly, stop bringing the real world into my death race apocalypse.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Don't worry, that got me too. I have a habit of playing this game while drinking. I'd had 3 doubles before realizing and drunkenly drove to another spot.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That'd suck, plenty of people in this thread are so good at pressing x + y that i'd just be a neverending fistfight in a moshpit of wrecked/crashed cars.

I mean, it sounds awesome when you put it like that, but imagine doing it until you got bored and had to just let them kill you.

E: Assuming you can get out anyway, I find the enemies are pretty good at wearing down your car if they're actually armored.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Here's hoping they add something in. The one thing missing from these SOM/Mad Max style games is the enemies/allies never seem to actively do anything. gently caress, Jeet was talking about trading/convoys, he should actually send the things out. You should be able to see them. Buzzards should fight roadsters/scrotus and vice versa. Scrotus should actually siege a place once in a while or replace convoys (if only because they're so fun).

Story thing (pink eye)
Yes, I know that gets attacked, I mean every now and again when you roll up to a place let the catapults be there, have those fuel tanks on the catapults unarmored for outside the story events so they'll be fun to blow up without being a massive chore

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 8, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Call me crazy but I would kind of like to see a few more guns in the wastes (like in the movies). I don't want to turn the game into a third person shooter, but instead something like Condemned: Heavy emphasis on fists and blunt objects, with the occasional scrap submachinegun wildcard or zip gun that can abruptly change the way you approach a group of enemies.

Maybe not a submachine gun, but i'd love a handheld flamethrower or something. Treat it like a normal melee weapon we already have in.

Also let me use a flare to shoot people in the face and burn them to death or something.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I didn't notice them add weight at all. They literally seem like "this is the best upgrade".

E: If you want a boarder to get stabbed on them, either break as the guy jumps or hit the Nos, I find it more fun to swerve away and watch him plow into the ground though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The ending to fury road is bogus because they're on an aquifer. Next film should definitely start with it running out.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm not playing as max right now, i'm playing as murderhobo and gollum.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Parkingtigers posted:

Dude, you're forgetting Pink Eye. Badass super-mechanic in a wheelchair, leader of a stronghold. She's Mad Max as gently caress.

Dude, don't point out that these people are ignoring all the women doing poo poo so they can champion their cause, this one woman is wearing slightly revealing clothes and doesn't look like poo poo so by George it must be misogyny at work!

ITS A GAME YOU NERDS

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Why do people keep spouting this exact phrase as though it means people shouldn't analyze something or voice their displeasure with how something is portrayed? It's a game, so the gently caress what? Christ. One of Fury Road's high points was its presence and portrayal of women, FORGIVE PEOPLE for hoping the same thing out of the new game from the same franchise. Jesus tits.

Because said people do exactly what I pointed out on the part of my post you conveniently ignored. Keep on ignoring 90% of the women in the game so you can champion your cause though, bro.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hello Sailor posted:

Forsooth, milord. Verily, I hath often pointed out that in Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", only one woman commiteth suicide. Ergo, it is foolish in the extreme to analyze Juliet's death in the perspective of the flower of womanhood. Furthermore, ITS A PLAY YOU FAGGOTS

Did I sum up your argument correctly?

Nah, Romeo and Juliet focused around one female character and therefore it would be valid, as you're not ignoring all the characterization of everyone else just so you can pick at one you don't like. I wouldn't mind if hope was literally the only woman in the game and people were pissed at that + what she is, but that's clearly not the case. Also you should read her backstory.

Nice try though.

Fat Samurai posted:

I have been avoiding races because I rather blow up stuff. Last night I did the first one and noticed that shooting at the other competitors is perfectly legal.

Best game ever.

Oh poo poo really? I'll be doing races all night then.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Deakul posted:

Archangels feel like they were meant to be something more than just preset configurations but like everything else they stripped it. I'd have been cool with complete sets having a bonus effect at the very least.

There are a few things like this, buzzards seem like they were meant to be more than just a few scattered groups you fight every now and again, especially after that first mission to go get your car body. Same with the religious gastown people and pinkeye, who you barely talk to unless you do the side missions.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm completely with you to be honest. The setting is just that, a setting. It didn't need max to be in it at all (i would have preferred if they just made references to max throughout that game) and that's why in my head, i'm not actually max. I'm murderhobo of murdery murder.

Griffa really does seem like a tryhard as well, but maybe that's because I think the whole desert shaman thing is boring as hell.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Reading the quotes from the review directly above your point really makes me think otherwise. Do reviewers not get fun or something? I have never gone "oh no, a storm, i'm going to have to stop fighting this base". I have however, gone "gently caress yes, a storm, time to punch people while the apocalypse is actively trying to kill me".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I am sure the community will give us a re-spawning convoys mod. Its only a matter of time

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
:suspense:

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 12, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Counterpoint, malaria made you stop doing fun things to go do a boring thing and you had to drive for loving ages to get anything done. I'm glad far cry 3 put everything within like 2 minutes of a fast travel point imo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Graevling posted:

wasn't that scripted to only happen like 2 times max per side of the map?

No idea, all I know is I ran out and it made me do some boring as hell mission instead of the fun ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Plus standing in the middle of a group of warboys, shooting off North South East and West leaving you with nothing but a pile of dead dudes is awesome in every way.

• Locked thread