Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So all the posts in here are making this game out to be a ton of open world mayhem fun, something no longer in vogue among a lot of reviewers for whatever reason. But nobody's said anything about more scripted, campaign missions. Are they just throwaway or do they not even exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Well gently caress then I dunno

Well that one dude whose uncle works for Nintendo said WB didn't put any money behind this one.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah none of the reviews I've read have outright said that the game is trash at all either.

It's been scoring like trash, in some places at least. Like, yes, technically a 5 or 6 should just mean middling, but when it comes to games reviews, that number is reserved for bad games. Which really just says something about the scoring process in the first place, but that's a different argument. And keep in mind that a lot of people just look at that number without reading the content.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Noam Chomsky posted:

I am always curious as to what deeper things people want out of an open-world sandbox game. Like, seriously, what would you want to have to do in these games?
Well most recently we had The Witcher 3 which had a ton of handmade side conent. And before that was Shadows of Mordor with its dynamic Nemesis system.

Full disclosure, I haven't played either of those games yet, nor Mad Max on account of the fact that I pretty much only play one giant, open world game at a time and I'm still on Sleeping Dogs right now. :downs:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Songbearer posted:

It's probably been repeated ad infinitum but man the nemesis system would fit right into this game and then some.

TBH I'm surprised and disappointed that more games haven't shamelessly ripped this off yet.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Crabtree posted:

Its weird that a lot of reviewers share a hatred for the Ubisoft method of open world games yet don't take out that exact hatred for them on the actual perpetrators of their open world anathema. Because god help us they could have given us so much more poo poo to collect and make 100% a much more longer experience than it really isn't at this point, like making us find scraps of cloth to not even tailor our own jacket or find 100 actual goddamn flags for no real reason.

I'll say this much; it's pretty funny that this game and the broken-at-launch Assassin's Creed: Unity have pretty much the same score on metacritic.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm finally making my way through this and I've taken to driving in first person whenever I'm tooling around the open world. It makes convoy runs completely exhilarating! The game still looks great up close, too. In fact it kinda makes me wish the engine was used for Fallout or something.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just had a weird glitch where I was caught in some sort of perma storm. The winds, flying junk, and sweet, sweet, scrap chest had stopped but everything was sort of washed out and lightning kept striking everywhere. Kinda eerie.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

frank.club posted:

The big nothing just murdering you regardless of your car upgrades is extremely weak

I just beat the game, took the Interceptor, drove out past the Dunes into the nothing until I died, then quit and uninstalled. They should have programmed in an automatic boot to main menu if you do it in that car, at least.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's also in the vehicles list from the very start, complete with unlock criteria so.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's just the desert when you drive off map, dude.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Nah, I never even bought a single armor upgrade, but you'll survive as long as you're at full health and no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If you only get one upgrade, get the one that picks up scrap automatically.

• Locked thread