Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Lotish posted:

Please change thread title to "Mad Max--I live! I die! I live again! WITNESS ME!"

:mediocre:

Thread title should be Mad Max: "I had a game based on a movie! And it was perfect! Perfect in every way!"

Fake edit: I don't think the tread title it's mediocre I just wanted to use the emote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

It appears that the movies ties into the game directly.

Scrotus, the main antagonist in the game is one of Immortan Joes three sons

This makes me guess George Miller has some kind of involvement in the story which really gives me high hours for the game.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Avalanche has said the opposite, that while a lot of stuff from the movie is present in the game it's its own thing. You can see footage of Max fighting Immortan Joe in Gas Town also which is of course not a thing that happens in the movie. I think they're going for the same mindset as the movies where it "ties in" in that it's of course the same world but there isn't really a straight continuity between them.

Quoting myself from the CD Mad Max thread.

Mr.Citrus posted:

So I read the comic, and it's not terrible (It's pretty good even!) nor does it ruin or have any effect on the movie.

Fun thing revealed by the comic, Joe has three sons, Rictus and Corpus who are seen in the movie, but also Scrotus which ties this movie to the upcoming game, as Scrotus is the main antagonist in the game.

Following link might be considered to have movie spoilers.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/03/25/meet-the-weirdos-of-mad-max-s-wasteland.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Aw. But then I could have played as Furiosa.

This will almost assuredly be dlc. It's too profitable an idea

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

MrMojok posted:

It looks exactly that way to me. I wanted to see if anyone else noticed it.

I'm guessing the desert in different zones areas is different colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

So glad this is getting bad/middling reviews from everyone but IGN. There's way too many good games this month for me to be putting another £40 on this.

All these poo poo posts are dumb as gently caress, thanks for blogging what you're not buying!

Games fun. Sorry you don't have disposable income I guess?

• Locked thread