Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
There's no way this game is going to not disappoint me on the scale that the movie didn't disappoint me. Right?

I mean, lightning only strikes once and all that. But I want to belieeeeeve. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Blind Sally posted:

Sounds like the hand-to-hand combat is really similar to the Batman Arkham games.

Which is entirely unsurprising, but possibly a good thing. I mean, I liked the combat in Arkham City enough.

Gah. It would rock so hard if the game was actually good and had something like the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor only with dudes in fast cars, heavily armed cars, or huge behemoths depending on type etc.

I can dream, right?

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

I... wow. This is actually sounding promising going by that guy's experiences.

Feels like hope.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Oh hey, this game's coming out.

And just when I had finally stopped annoying my friends by talking about Mad Max constantly. :negative:

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
I've heard that if you kiss an effigy of Gaben at exactly 11:59pm local time, then the game you want to play the most unlocks a minute later.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
I'm pre-disappointed that you almost certainly won't be able to do crazy things like jumping over onto monolithic war-rigs and battling your way up to the front like some kind of post-apocalyptic Shadow of Colossus.

Prove me wrong game, prove me wrong!

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
A friend swung by to say hello tonight and was treated to the sight of me playing Mad Max while wearing a--freebie promotional--Mad Max: Fury Road shirt, playing the Mad Max: Fury Road soundtrack on vinyl in the background, a Mad Max: Fury Road theatrical poster framed on the wall, and the SA threads for both the movie and the game open on a second monitor.

"I was going to ask how the game was but uh... I know you're just going to answer any question I ask with Fury Road quotes right now. I'll try again in a month."

Goddamn Mad Max. Just when I finally stopped annoying my friends, family, and colleagues by talking about it all the time the stupid game comes out and totally owns bones just to drag me back in.

P.S. gently caress minefields gently caress balloons everything else is beautiful

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

ZombyDog posted:

Because apparently ain't nobody got time to spend witnessing a beautiful vista while the balloon slowly rises and descends.

It's time spent not tearing rear end across said beautiful vistas with a half-mile-long cloud of dust in your wake, that's the problem.

Any moment in this game that lacks meaty engine growls or meaty fist on face action just makes me feel like I'm not Maxing it to the Max, and that makes me Mad to the Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Despite mostly ignoring them at the beginning, I've come to really like the random salvage spots. I mean, the scrap you get is garbage and it's doesn't really contribute much to your advancement mechanically--unless you're going for parts/car bodies/etc--but some of them are really neat, and I love the little historical scraps and comments Max makes here and there. It's a nice bit of incredibly depressing post-apocalyptica that a nerd like me totally eats up.

Also in a general sense I'm very impressed with how visually interesting the landscape is despite being in many respects your usual blasted desert wasteland. I totally get sidetracked just driving around and taking in the sights, especially around sunup and sundown.

• Locked thread