Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blind Sally posted:

So the bar isn't exactly set high.

You're forgetting this one:

Like obviously Fallout and Wasteland both take heavy inspiration and stick in references, but Fallout 2's the only one where they went so far as to have a car that constantly needs fuel as a major plot point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

Whoa--maybe they'll include it as a bonus mode? I hope someone mods it in on PC at the very least. Is that possible?

I really loved all the insane filters you could unlock for saints row 4. It didn't mean an awful lot since by that point you're done with most of the game and you spend most of it flying anyway, but it was still freaking neat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tehan posted:

It sounds like they voice-cast it before they got a good listen to the Fury Road take on Max. It's nice they got an actual Australian to do it instead of bringing in someone to do a 'Hollywood Australian' voice, though.

Hey, they wanna do their own take on Max, that's fine. I'm all for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TescoBag posted:

What are you guys looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the mod that lets me drive the car from Fallout 2. :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TescoBag posted:

I need to try this game. I saw it when it originally came out and thought it looked great.

Don't loving bother, that game's premise is a pack of lies, it's just bad platforming and worse combat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Powershift posted:

I'm still hankerin for a full-on mad max mod for GTA V.

This game was cool, but the vehicle physics in GTA are so, so much better suited for a mad max game.

This is a baffling statement to me, since GTA car controls have consistently been the worst thing in the universe. I guess it'd be realistic to Mad Max if the cars couldn't be steered properly at all, is what you're saying?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

Superman Returns literally does exactly this.

And it's teeeerrible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did anyone post this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THVugXAW_uI

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I really, really hope we see more car combat DLC. More Gastown races, more convoy assaults, etc.

poo poo, I'd love to see something akin to the scenarios in 'The Road Warrior' and 'Fury Road' where you're defending a convoy, or perhaps driving a War Rig-esque vehicle, etc..

Boy have I got the game for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JPB4b3Zck

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Pay actual money for an awesome soundtrack and put it on your phone and/or CD player?

They don't make CDs anymore grandpa.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I have played this game for 28 non-consecutive hours since buying it and I don't regret one second of it.

I feel like defusing mines would feel a lot less annoying if shotgun shells didn't become incredibly easy to acquire so early in the game. Like if you were getting something worthwhile any time you took the time to detour into a nearby minefield. It'd also help if you could switch to the buggy without heading back to a stronghold, possibly using some kind of flare. For what it's worth, the buggy is fun to drive around, and controls like a buggy should. All the optional cars are pretty fun, it's just a shame that the game doesn't incentivize ever leaving the Magnum Opus.

sauer kraut posted:

So I cleared Jeets territory completely to 0 threat, but there are still patrols driving around everywhere.
The game lied and that number really has no effect, has it? :unsmith:

Are you sure those aren't just Roadkill?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nooooooooo, chum!. :( That felt really mean-spirited, even in the context of the situation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I kinda hope someone makes some difficulty mods or other fan content for this game. I'd love to play a version where fuel consumption matters, for example.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Deakul posted:

Incredibly lovely that consoles get all the goodies and we don't.

What the heck are you talking about?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Deakul posted:

They're just hood ornaments but it's still content that I'd like on the PC. :shobon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4Wt7OyOZk

That's PS4 exclusivity, which is just Sony paying the devs to put in something extra, which they've always done. IIRC the exclusivity expires at some point in November and we'll probably be able to purchase them as cheapo DLC.

E: Forgot to mention that Chum Bucket said the Buzzards mostly come out at night... mostly, further cementing this as GOTY that isn't Splatoon for me.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 28, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Junkenstein posted:

According to the Just Cause 3 thread, the modding research/work being done on that is going to make some Mad Max stuff possible.

We're getting a sequel? That's unexpected.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

poor life choice posted:

Is there just... stuff on the edge of the map? "Never ends" is a stretch but I like the feel of the wasteland more than, say, the sea of rooftops in asscreed games.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in the borders to the big nothing, some deeper than others. Unfortunately, much like a lot of the loot in the game, it's rarely worth the detour when you can just sit tight and wait for the automatic scrap to roll in. That is like my number one gripe with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Has there been any word on post-release content?

I've been eyeballing this game for a time, waiting for a GOT-Edition to go on sale. That likely won't happen with zero DLC or modding capability however.

The game didn't sell too good due to coming out against MGS and having zero marketing, so DLC is just not in the cards.

• Locked thread