Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I made some weird picks. But, the Entire Philly Backfield/the entire Buffalo Backfield/Peyton/Aglohor/trio of TEs/Kenny Britt are gonna rule this league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My team is going to be an unmitigated disaster.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LeVeon Bell gently caress Yeah.

Justin Hunter LOL.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is it just me or is this a particularly brutal preseason shaping up?

Click here: http://football32.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=61730&O=07
and then scroll down looking at all the red ink. Jesus.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why the gently caress did I draft Blake Bortles.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why the gently caress did I draft Blake Bortles.

"Hi, I'm May Beer4TheBeerGod and without Beersheets I drafted Blake Bortles"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jameis, Stafford, Mallett.

When waiting too far for a quarterback goes too far, Jesus Christ.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: my running backs:

pre:
Foster, Arian HOU RB (O) 	 	256.50 	9
Gray, Jonas FA* RB 	 	 	72.40 	-
Gurley, Todd STL RB (O) 	 	 - 	6
Herron, Dan IND RB (I) 	 	 	66.90 	10
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 	 	 	69.10 	10
Richardson, Trent FA* RB 	 	105.30 	-
Going into week 1, I've got Carlos Hyde running against the Vikings defense. And that's ALL. I'm going to take a 0 for the second RB slot.

I knew T-Rich was a very late round flier. But I really didn't think Jonas Gray was going to be out of a job. What the gently caress is happening with Dan Herron? The colts injured/waived him with a sprained shoulder? Todd Gurley was an unintentional autodraft due to my not understanding the MFL interface. And of course, Arian Foster will be out for anything from 4 to maybe more than 6 weeks, who knows. Who knows with Gurley, either.

I'm completely hosed and the season hasn't even started yet. :negative:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

:smug:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just want to point out I got second-place points this week, despite being the only team that got a 0 in one of my best-man slots (three of my RBs are free agents now :negative: and the other two are still injured).

To see who actually counted for your scoring, click here: http://football32.myfantasyleague.com/2015/weekly?L=61730&W=1

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 15, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Pretty happy to be in third after a week, but boy do I have like zero WR depth. Hilton going down is going to hurt a bit, but if any of my main starters miss time I'm pretty much done there. Looking forward to watching my team slowly unwind and collapse.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I took zeroes in two categories (RB and TE) this week due to a lack of players who can still play football. Football is a stupid game.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Wow. Shocking. The team that took zero defenses is in the last place!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Despite my best efforts

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Zypher posted:

Wow. Shocking. The team that took zero defenses is in the last place!

To be fair, my team is utter poo poo outside of defenses too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm down to one running back still playing football. How did I still get third this week?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My team is cool and good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dan "Boom" Herron is back on a team! I actually scored running back points for two players this week! Herron and Gurley combined for 8 points. Wheeee!

Ray Finkle is the only team with fewer non-starter points this week than me (and they don't even own a defense, LOL). My team is just sooo gutted. I don't know how I'm hanging in 4th.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So that was fun, huh?

I'm pretty happy placing fifth, given that my team was littered with guys like Flacco (IR), Kaepernick (IR), Manziel (benched half the season+), Foster (IR), Jonas Grey (didn't have a job most of the season), Gurley (sat out the beginning of the season and then missed games and then also sucked in some games), Dan Herron (didn't work almost all year), Carlos Hyde (IR), Trent Richardson (LOL), Keenan Allen (IR), and Rod Streater (LOL).

I think the only reasons I did as well as I did, were Odell Beckham Jr., two high-scoring defenses (Panthers and Eagles), two great tight ends (Gates and Walker), Anquan Boldin being surprisingly reliable, and Alex Smith learning how to throw touchdowns.

I would like to do this again next year! But maybe at the end of the preseason, instead of before it?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Not last! :toot:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mister "no D/STs for me" was always going to be last, though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wouldn't mind doing more of these. I like doing them super early since it's fun to see what drafting then is like, but doing a more "serious" one closer to preseason would also be great.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm down. I learned a lot about MFL strategy as the two we did played out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I scored the most points in week 17 :downsowned:

• Locked thread