Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want to draft referees, and get points for good calls (and good no-calls) and lose points for stupid calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
gently caress Kickers Forever

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

I want to draft referees, and get points for good calls (and good no-calls) and lose points for stupid calls.

same

I guess gently caress RBs for now. Julio is really good value at pick 16 and I feel like there's a decent enough pool of high upside RBs out there in order to possibly cobble together an RB corps featuring a breakout in the next couple rounds.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

timp posted:

same

I guess gently caress RBs for now. Julio is really good value at pick 16 and I feel like there's a decent enough pool of high upside RBs out there in order to possibly cobble together an RB corps featuring a breakout in the next couple rounds.

I was legit going to go WR-WR if JJ fell to me in the second (my third pick is just three picks later). Ryan showed up at the end of last season and Atlanta has one of the weakest strength-of-seasons in the league. Ryan to JJ is going to happen, a lot. Like, a lot.

A good pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, gently caress kickers. 6 people seem to be in favor of rosters of 24. Sound good, or with kickers nuked should we stick with 16?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I kind of want 24 just to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Down for 24 as well, though it may get dire.

Just made my second pick and its Megatron. Was hoping Julio fell to me, but missed him by a pick. Had a hard time deciding between CJ and two other WRs on the board, but I think Calvin is due for a bounce back. I'm hitching my wagon to two big name fantasy studs whose best years may be behind them, but what the hell. Let's do this.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Pretty excited to get Jordy Nelson at 2.06. He was my first choice when I made my pre-draft selections:

edit: also I definitely overlooked CJ Anderson when making those

Zypher fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 5, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leperflesh posted:

I was legit going to go WR-WR if JJ fell to me in the second (my third pick is just three picks later). Ryan showed up at the end of last season and Atlanta has one of the weakest strength-of-seasons in the league. Ryan to JJ is going to happen, a lot. Like, a lot.

A good pick.

I thought about it but the last time I did a goon mock about the first 7 rounds were solid RBs so I just boarded the CJ Anderson train instead

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

bahhh you suck Zypher and I knew Jordy "The Greatest White Receiver In History" Nelson would be sniped before me.

so I guess I'll take the other dude Rodgers likes throwing to.. Randall Cobb

I don't like AJ Green that much and didn't like many other receivers at this spot, almost took another RB.. but Cobb just signed a new deal and he should still have some big games.

rock on brah

VDay is next

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Went back-and-forth on like 6 different players, ended up going with Jeremy Hill.

Would've definitely taken Nelson or Cobb if they weren't scooped up in the two picks before me, so then had to decide on another WR, Luck, or Hill. I'm a little wary of starting a half-PPR draft with two RBs who don't really catch a ton of passes (although hopefully Hill will still get a handful of dump-offs per game this season) but Hill's the RB I like most for quite a while, so I figure I'll try to pick up some WRs later since it's a ridiculously deep position and they can be boom/bust.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Top five(...ish) WR to go with my top five RB

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm renaming my team. We're now called Anvil of Crom. Just FYI.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
AN ACTUAL ANDREW LUCK PICK?!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'll take Andrew Luck even though his donut in Week 16 last year cost me hundreds of dollars. He and Rodgers are on a tier of their own now when it comes to QBs, and it's nice to have a set it and forget it QB after owning people like Cutler and Kaep last year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I toyed with some of the longer-shot RBs with upside, but for my first RB, I decided to go with a known quantity. Arian Foster isn't a superstar, but the Texans are going to lean on him a lot, and he's proven he can deliver a 1200+ yard season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

I toyed with some of the longer-shot RBs with upside, but for my first RB, I decided to go with a known quantity. Arian Foster isn't a superstar, but the Texans are going to lean on him a lot, and he's proven he can deliver a 1200+ yard season.

It's a good selection, although age is creeping up.

Man being at the turn sucks. I decided to go with Graham under the assumption that Wilson still has no one else to throw to and I like locking up the TE position. There were a few RBs I considered but in the end I went with the guy who proved he can score points regardless of who is throwing to him. So Evans it is.

I also considered Jeffery but I really don't like the situation in Chicago.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I guess I need a WR since we start 3 of them, and if I don't pick one now I'll have a middling WR2 as my WR1, at best. So I took Hopkins, I like him more than Jeffrey simply because Cutler can erase Jeffery's production on any given Sunday. Of course, Hopkins has his own QB issues with Hoyer/Mallet, but he seems to have skipped the sophomore slump and seems primed for a huge year if they get anything close to competent QB play.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Slight reach but I really needed another RB. I like Miller & I don't think Ajayi is going to cut too much into his production this year.

Says a lot that the guy with the 49ers avatar didn't take Carlos Hyde.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
With RB-RB I needed an elite WR since I won't be picking again until the 44th pick, so it was basically between Hilton and Jeffery. I'm on the "Don't really like what's happening in Chicago" train, so I'll gladly scoop up the guy who had 1,300+ receiving yards last year in the third round.

God drat is wide receiver deep.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok so, I definitely did NOT pick Joique Bell. The loving thing autodrafted him even though I had no players in the autodraft.

Like, for serious, I emptied it out. WTF?

You can see it picked him in one second flat. I wasn't sure whether I would take another RB, but if I did, he wasn't my top choice. I was seriously considering Hyde, but probably a TE depending on who was left.

"Pick made based on Pre-Draft List"

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 5, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aaand there goes the WR I might have taken.

It's obviously going to be a big pain in the rear end to back up a bunch of picks now. Argh.

e. I'm late for bed so I can't stay up to see if someone unfucks this thing. Every fantasy football site sucks in various ways but so far this site's drafting tools suck in completely new and extravagant ways. :argh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The pre draft list is on a pick by pick basis, you need to make sure ALL are clear, and they inhereit previous tiers

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Azhais posted:

The pre draft list is on a pick by pick basis, you need to make sure ALL are clear, and they inhereit previous tiers

I uh...

huh? Sorry, I don't follow.

I made a list before the draft started, found out how it worked, and then deleted everything in the list.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wait, holy poo poo are you telling me there's a separate pre-draft web form page for every single draft pick?

And that when I fill out one, it auto-fills the rest, and I have to individually go to each draft pick form and clear the cell?

I mean, holy poo poo that's just unbelievably bad if that's the case.

e. OK yeah I see the drop down at the bottom now. Wow. All of my other rounds are empty though so I don't see why Round 2 would have magically been not empty.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, that's what "save and continue" does

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seriously though gently caress joique bell. He's injured and declining and the Lions are going to start swapping in other RBs to spell him, and I'd much rather have taken Hyde or TY. Or maybe Kelce.

e. On reflection, I have probably been taking this too seriously. If backing out my pick at this point would be too disruptive, I understand. I may feel obliged to just go full clown town o the rest of my roster, though.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 5, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Joique isn't that bad, but yeah, MFL's interface isn't that great.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm almost afraid to fill out a pre-draft list at this point...not just because of all the problems everyone's been having, but with ADP being such a poo poo show beyond round 1 (hell, even round one is full of question marks) I can't tell how far down I need to reach to get my super-secret breakout sleepers. Are they far enough off the general radar that I can wait a few rounds, or do I need to snatch them up ASAP? These are the tough questions in life fantasy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Seriously though gently caress joique bell. He's injured and declining and the Lions are going to start swapping in other RBs to spell him, and I'd much rather have taken Hyde or TY. Or maybe Kelce.

e. On reflection, I have probably been taking this too seriously. If backing out my pick at this point would be too disruptive, I understand. I may feel obliged to just go full clown town o the rest of my roster, though.

Changed it to Hyde for you. And yes you're taking this too seriously. Please don't compensate by clowning the roster.

In more too serious news we're expanding the rosters to 24 players.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I wasn't intending to go WR here, but I feel like landing Alshon at 3.08 is a steal - a full round later than his MFL ADP. I take him as a Bears homer hoping that John Fox sees the light and lets Kevin White see some play time early to take pressure/coverage off of Jeffrey.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I picked my man Emmanuel Sanders at 3.06

With JT now gone from Denver I think he stays a pretty nice offensive threat this year.

thus making my first 3 players picked all on bye week 7.. a bold strategy..?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Changed it to Hyde for you. And yes you're taking this too seriously. Please don't compensate by clowning the roster.

In more too serious news we're expanding the rosters to 24 players.

OK, thank you. Also sorry everyone for being a spaz. Last night I was angry about something else and this was just a thing that piled on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

OK, thank you. Also sorry everyone for being a spaz. Last night I was angry about something else and this was just a thing that piled on.

It's okay. We still love you.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'd be mad with Joique Bell too. The guy should be like an 8th round pick, after the way the Lions drafted.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
WR is a barren wasteland now.

That Peyton Manning pick at the end of the 3rd round, tho...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm pretty high on Justin Forsett this year, and feel pretty good about taking him at 4.05.

Forsett was productive in Kubiak's system last year, and it looks like Trestman isn't planning on shaking things up too much as OC. If he does, more dump offs to the RB a la Forte last year can't hurt.

I'd be a lot more gun-shy if the Ravens had drafted an Abdullah, Gordon or Duke Johnson-type, and i'm not worried about Javorious Allen or Taliaferro stealing touches. I think Forsett is a lock as the Ravens lead back this year, barring injury or off-the-field shenanigans.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You fuckers are taking all my picks.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Catching up...

Round 3

Mark Ingram

and Round 4

Jonathan Stewart

Both of these RB picks are based on their late season production last year, especially Stewart. Except I just now looked into Ingram's situation and didn't know that CJ Spiller had been traded to the Saints, probably wouldn't have gone with Ingram had I known that. D'oh! I guess that's why we do these. Anyway, he could still see healthy production so it's not the worst pick that could have been made.

Stewart, on the other hand...I'm feelin real hot on Stewart. He led the friggan league in rushing in the last 4 games of last season with DeAngelo Williams out of the way. I saw some bullshit on Rotoworld about Rivera saying he was going to limit his touches but I have a feeling they'll continue to give Stewart the ball if he's successful, which now that he seems to be healthy for a change, he will be.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, would Stewart have made it to my Round 5 pick? Wondering if I could have waited for the reach.

timp fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Stewart would not have made it to your Round 5 pick.

• Locked thread