Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Didn't want to go D this early, but with 8 already off the board I needed to grab one sooner rather than later.

The Jets d-line was looking sick before the addition of Leonard Williams, not to mention Revis and an amazing secondary projects well for their fantasy production this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Grabbed Rob Housler as a third TE. Cleveland QBs are going to need some kind of safety valve.

e: also took David Johnson before that since I don't think the Cards will want to work Ellington as hard again

Varg fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 17, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Gonna take a shot on Marqise Lee since I realized last round that he's still around. Was stupid good in college, got injured last year, but came back and had a handful of 50-75 yard games towards the end of the season. Not really expecting him to blow up or anything, but one or two 8-10 point games will probably help out during the year and won't be too bad from the dude I took with the 188th pick of the draft.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I almost took Jay Ajayi a few rounds ago so why not now?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Read a Rotowold blurb that the Skins want to use a committee of Alfred Morris and Matt Jones. That's enough evidence for me at this point!

I now have five rookies on my roster. :lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Now we're at 24 rounds. The delay is because adding extra rounds is a manual process that sucks rear end.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

loving auto draft took a backup QB with the same bye as Luck, do I took Foles since he's the only QB left that's not complete trash.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Just draft running backs. All the running backs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FantasySharks has Carolina's D/ST ranked #1. I don't put a huge amount of faith in D/ST rankings in May, but I figure it can't hurt to take them as a backup. I was also looking to grab Bortles, and it was entirely by chance that I went with the D/ST first.

I guess I should have taken Bortles, because Beer autodrafted him. So bleh, fine, I'll take boring milquetoast Alex Smith. Even Alex Smith's name is boring and normal. But he's not a bad quarterback and he's on a not bad team and so he's probably a pretty good option as my #3.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sshh Parmesan Basil will hear you

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

FantasySharks has Carolina's D/ST ranked #1. I don't put a huge amount of faith in D/ST rankings in May, but I figure it can't hurt to take them as a backup. I was also looking to grab Bortles, and it was entirely by chance that I went with the D/ST first.

I guess I should have taken Bortles, because Beer autodrafted him. So bleh, fine, I'll take boring milquetoast Alex Smith. Even Alex Smith's name is boring and normal. But he's not a bad quarterback and he's on a not bad team and so he's probably a pretty good option as my #3.

Actually I didn't autodraft him; Bortles and Hunter were the only folks I had put on my list. I just wanted to keep things going.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I don't have time to think this morning so I just took Marquess Wilson, I don't know what I'm doing.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Oh, Oh, OH: FitzMAGIC! You Know - never believe it's not so!

I got burned on another run on QBs, should've grabbed Foles or Bortles when I had the chance. Fitzpatrick will likely start early for the Jets and have some productive games with his nice core of pass catchers (Decker, Marshall, Devin Smith and Amaro), but still a gamble and not one with tremendously high upside. If Brady is suspended Week 1, Cutler faces the Packers, and I need some insurance.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Actually I didn't autodraft him; Bortles and Hunter were the only folks I had put on my list. I just wanted to keep things going.

Sorry, that's what I meant by autodraft. I knew he wasn't top of the list at MFL.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Grabbed Jaelen Strong. Stonk name, and wanted to get in on that high powered Ryan Mallet offense

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Peyton Manning TE? I guess

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Wow I somehow had a brain fart and didn't realize that it was my pick all day yesterday :psyduck:

My bad, I blame witcher 3. Theo Riddick's not the worst pick I guess, all things considered. Bell looked awful last year and is barely holding on to that starter job and there's always a chance that Abdullah struggles and Riddick slides into either the starting role or at least gets a handful of screens thrown his way.

Or he'll, you know, never get on the field.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aw, I had Chronicles of Riddick pre-selected for my next pick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jonas Gray because I remember his name coming up last year because he had one game where he got to play for realsies and he was good at it. Rookies aren't allowed to play on New England Patriots teams but now he's not a rookie any more so perhaps he'll get to hold the ball sometimes.

Then I went for Harry Douglas. He was an OK ball catcher man on the Falcons, now perhaps he will be an OK ball catcher man on the Titans. I doubt he'll ever be a WR #1 but he's certainly got the potential to have games where he jumps up to be in my top 3 WRs or the flex spot, for points. Like he could have a 2-touchdown day or something.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'll never draft Jonas Gray again because I was dumb enough to take him out of my Millionaire Maker lineup last year the week he went off for 3 TDs or whatever the gently caress.

So I have a bias against him, I don't care if he is the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch or if it was all my fault :qq:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gyshall posted:

I'll never draft Jonas Gray again because I was dumb enough to take him out of my Millionaire Maker lineup last year the week he went off for 3 TDs or whatever the gently caress.

So I have a bias against him, I don't care if he is the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch or if it was all my fault :qq:

Wasn't it 4 TDs? And then he got benched for missing his alarm and being late to practice and Blount took the job, lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I guess defenses are a good thing to have.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

are we glad we did 24 rounds yet? lol. I should have taken a 3rd QB somewhere back there I think, oh well too late now

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Varg posted:

are we glad we did 24 rounds yet? lol. I should have taken a 3rd QB somewhere back there I think, oh well too late now

Jokes on you, I took this year's #1 QB in the 20th :smug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not saying Kenny Britt is gonna be a #1 WR, but he's definitely gonna be a great WR3 this year with Foles's deep arm. Britt started showing something last year. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys let him slip this far. I know his ADP isn't high, but I was gonna draft him like 3 picks ago.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I got a lot of picks to catch up on, no pics cause that poo poo takes too long.

Round 11 - Carson Palmer, ARI, QB

A very serviceable QB, and in hindsight really glad I grabbed a second QB so "early" (cause there's nothing left now, NOTHING. I just drafted McCown for Christ's sake). Hated to see his injury end his season last year, but fortunately it looks like he should be back to 100% before training begins.

Round 12 - Jordan Reed, WAS, TE

Back in 2013 people were going apeshit for Jordan Reed, and he did indeed have a solid game or two...then he got a concussion and died. He was dead for all of 2014, but now he's alive, and he's going to have that breakout season we all hoped for back in 2013. Although to be frank I really don't give a poo poo how he does as long as Gronk stays healthy. Reed's score will never be used for my best ball score as long as Gronk is alive.

Round 13 - Marvin Jones, CIN, WR

Had an insane 40+ point game in 2013 then got injured, ending his season. He came back in late last season and did, well, pretty much nothing. But much like Jordan Reed, people (read: rotoworld) are saying this could finally be his breakout year. For a round 13 flyer, why not.

Round 14 - Houston Texans, DEF

Someone in this thread was saying that choosing a good defense is a lot more important in a best ball setting where you can't stream, and I couldn't agree more. The Texans defense was very solid and consistent last year, led by JJ Watt of course, but this year he should be joined by 2014 1st round draft pick Jadeveon Clowney who only played like 2 games last year.

Round 15 - Stevie Johnson, SDC, WR

Former WR for the 49ers. Really talented when he was on the field but he hardly got used in the 49ers offense. Maybe he'll find a spot to shine with the Chargers?

Round 16 - Terrance West, CLE, RB

God, I barely remember making this pick...I think I realized that I really needed another RB and Rotoworld suggested that he's got a shot at the lion's share of the carries in Cleveland. That backfield was a mess last year and this is a total shot in the dark that things change. Not that I should really need to justify a Round 16 pick in May.

Round 17 - Josh McCown, CLE, QB

Never thought I'd say this, but I kind of wish I had picked up a QB3 earlier. McCown was the only one I cared to take a chance on, and his position as starting QB isn't even secure. Hope to god nothing happens to both Big Ben AND Carson Palmer.

Round 18 - Detroit Lions, DEF

They were a great choice for D last year, that's about as close of an indication towards consistency as I'll get. Again, picking good D's is more important in this non-streaming best ball format.

Round 19 - Eddie Royal, CHI, WR

I remember his name popping up here and there last year as a late-season WR2 waiver pickup. Now he's with the Brandon Marshall-less Bears so yeah I'll take a shot with him at round 19, sure!

Round 20 - Dallas Cowboys, DEF

5th pick from the end and I'm starting to figure out what positions I still need. Of those positions, DEF is the most likely to not be around when it gets back to me so I'll take my 3rd and final DEF now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gotta get that Niners D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vumwNmBGNG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCbBmcxmFHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f88hgr-CM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUdTOmvldLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma_n9K3stn8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY54FKyg4oA

For real though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Sr8VI_TaI

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I hope those are all links to the retirement announcements of half the 9ers d

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zypher posted:

I hope those are all links to the retirement announcements of half the 9ers d

They were links to highlight videos of all the players they lost (except Dan Skuta)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

All of these backup defenses are horrifying. I took ATL in the hopes that Quinn can turn them around, and since they play in a bad division.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Look what you people made me do. Just look at this.

I took T-Rich.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I had Marlon Brown tagged as a deep sleeper before they snagged Perriman so why not here maybe Perriman stinks and I'm right.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Surprised Hawkins fell this far. 60 catches and 800+ yards last year. Not a big TD guy but only has Bowe and Hartline ahead of him, so I think he'll get his in at least a handful of games. Hell at this point I'm triple-checking depth charts with every pick to make sure I'm not picking up 4th string practice squad guys.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

I had Marlon Brown tagged as a deep sleeper before they snagged Perriman so why not here maybe Perriman stinks and I'm right.

I feel like if Marlon was going to shine he would've done so last year.

VDay posted:

Surprised Hawkins fell this far. 60 catches and 800+ yards last year. Not a big TD guy but only has Bowe and Hartline ahead of him, so I think he'll get his in at least a handful of games. Hell at this point I'm triple-checking depth charts with every pick to make sure I'm not picking up 4th string practice squad guys.

Baby Hawk is definitely a huge pickup at this point.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Sure why not I'll take a new receiver Andrew Luck gets to throw to.. hello Phillip Dorsett.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I took Malcolm Floyd on my last turn because he put up some pretty decent numbers on occasion last year - don't mind having him as my WR #7.

Not very happy about my QB situation, but feeling pretty good about my RB and WR corps at this point.

Edit: Oh hey, my turn again! I've been worried about missing out on a third defense for the last few rounds, so I'm going to take one here. Fantasy Pro consensus seems to project Jacksonville as the best remaining defense on the board here, believe or not, so there you go.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 21, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

MIKE TOLBERT

I hate to have two Panthers RBs, especially since it's not exactly a dynamite committee or anything, but I'd rather go with someone that I KNOW will see action rather than go with a more talented back that may or may not even have a job this year. Tolbert is technically the GLB in Carolina, though we didn't see much of him last year. While I think Rivera is smart enough to give Stewart the ball when and if he's hot, I also know that he makes some head-scratcher calls at the position too, and I could absolutely see him relieving Stewart at the goal line and for a change up every now and then.

Free tip for those still looking for an RB: If JStew goes down Fozzy Whittaker steps in and he's no slouch...he'll probably also see some regular touches for the same reasons I outlined above.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like if Marlon was going to shine he would've done so last year.

Yea but like, 21st round pick. It's less "people I actively want" and more "people I'd look up stats on." That having been said, he's a third year WR and only started one game last year (never got more than 5 targets in a game last year).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Take my 3rd Buffalo RB, Bryce Brown!

...cause Fred Jackson might get cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Moreno and Ray Rice because Dallas needs RBs!

• Locked thread