Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I moved to Louisville 6 months ago but because I have a wife and 2 year old and know no one else in the city, I have not done any derby events at all. It's crazy how much the city shuts down for derby weekend and the few weekends before. I do have some Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby 141, which is pretty tasty, and I've been watching the last hour or so of coverage. I'd like to go to the Oaks some time, I hear that's the race for the locals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I will have a house by next year's Derby, and I will invite any Louisville local folks to come watch with me.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

C. Everett Koop posted:

I expected more out of Johnny Weir's outfit.

I thought he was wearing his pajamas.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
If anyone is interested in Hunter S Thompson's thoughts on the Derby:
http://english138.web.unc.edu/files/2011/08/The-Kentucky-Derby-is-Decadent-and-Depraved.pdf

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

zakharov posted:

They updated the lyrics so it's not quite as racist!

LOL, the same guy wrote the state song for Florida and they had to do the same thing.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I think they opened a new section close to the track, so I think that's why it is a record attendance.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
Luckiest Mexican on Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
Now to continue drinking until the Pacquiao-Mayweather.

• Locked thread