Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

damnit i was posting in that thread! you took my reply from me youf ucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

why then we'll havbe 11 left
lol

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

venstre (lit: "left"), the liberal conservative party
they can't all be this upfront: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_1080_Party

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

do you think joss whedon is afraid of sincerity?
im not afraid of sincerity. i love sincerity. im sincere often and aggressively.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

let's all post sincerely

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

how about you go gently caress yourself buddy
wow!!!!!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

has ukmt become less of a lf sanctuary than last year or is it just me?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

no, a lot of the full communism brigade has given up. i think scotpol broke them tbh
scotpol was and is loving terrible

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

do americans feel good knowing the british electoral system is also an utter clusterfuck?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

CoolCab posted:

hi Exclamation Marx! my sister is in new zealand doing that weird foreign gap year tourist thing. and i don't like it, but if she has to do it somewhere, new zealand seems pretty seemly. it's okay right? not fulla rapists or something
what's her hairstyle

this is important

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

this is so weird
WE SHOULD HAVE MORE R. MUTES IN THE WORLD BADGER

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

DON'T BRING ME DOWN

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

also the thrilling conclusion to the boiler situation: my landlord was on holiday or something, but turned the boiler back on this morning. sent me an e-mail about it. didn't even apologise. i think he missed the undertones of my e-mail and my voicemails

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Hasn't this boiler been a problem for months? Or am I mixing this up with some other goons epic boiler saga?
a couple of months, yeah. at first it was just switching off every week or two. there was a leak in one of the pipes which led to a loss of pressure. he finally got someone in to fix that, but doing that actually made things worse since the pipes were now filled with air and also the problem wasn't actually fixed at all. i fully expect it to switch off again in the next few days.

im like 99% sure that instead of just hiring a plumber, he's letting his handyman "fix" it. the handyman seems like a nice guy but considering i've seen him here to paint walls, do electrical work, lay down some brickwork and try to fix the plumbing, i can't imagine he's perfectly qualified.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Randler posted:

Badger of Basra is Texan.
he's doing the best he can!!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

CoolCab posted:

gently caress vonnegut, this is what i want on my tombstone:

He Did The Best He Could
im going for 'im a skeleton now

boo!'

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

That seems pretty sketch. Hopefully he doesn't electrocute himself doing electrical work, that's not something to play around with.
i think i've seen a real electrician come round for some serious electrical stuff, but it was clearly a special occasion. nothing was actually wrong in the apartment at the time, the landlord just had the electrician fix something in one of his other properties and was now doing the rounds to get the most out of having the electrician come round. like literally knocking on my door asking 'hey you need something done tell me now or never'

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i genuinely just don't care about anime

like it or hate it whatever

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

I'm no Foreign Policy type but I know you don't need a gun to kill men
pistolwhip them both to death, save the bullet for whoever locked you in there

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

your efforts to move the rock cause you to explosively herniate a disc in your back. you go into shock and die. your score is 1353 out of a possible 17 million.
>legalise weed

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

i kinda wanna do a CYOA in dnd now, but one designed to piss off self identifying communists as much as possible
im pissed off already!!!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

watching the fight now. poo poo so far

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

fourth round was okay because they're actually doing a punch or two

empty scorecards so far

e: mayweather's getting away with a lot

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 3, 2015

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

"don't push him down! don't push him down."
"i'm not!!!"

christ

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is kind of pathetic

last round now

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

pathetic match, this. i get the comparison to chelsea now - technical masterclass but mayweather could've easily won in a way that wasn't that painfully boring. that's all fine and well and im sure there's already a bunch of articles about how the fight wasn't a total snooze because of the technical side, just like there are a bunch of articles trying to convince us chelsea isn't a boring poo poo team and 2012 barcas tiki taka triangles aren't about as interesting to watch as paint dry - but mayweather doesn't have the charisma to pull it off

rip boxing, still

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

smh

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it would've been better if there'd been a bit more punching

very little punching

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it wasn't just all mayweather's ~~tactics~~ either, manny just did not punch enough. that's my professional analysis. they should've punched more.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Randler posted:

R. Mute at an MMA fight "Stand up and do karate, you queers!" *muches waffles*
this burn works as well and makes as much sense as manny's game plan

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Randler posted:

Objection! I question this history major's qualification to talk about work.
you're reaching, randler

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Warszawa posted:

manny definitely needed volume. the perception of mayweather as a defensive boxer really worked in his favor, though he also outboxed manny
mayweather was clearly the better boxer, but the, like, five times manny actually pushed in, mayweather couldn't do much besides spinning out of there or grappling and waiting for the ref to pull them apart. i think manny got the couple of rounds where he did that as well. i guess maybe pacquiao wasn't really feeling rushing in with mayweather's right just waiting there for him, tho. but y'know, at some point you have to realise letting mayweather control the fight isn't working out for you either, so you might as well.

it kind of felt like neither fighter cared all that much about the result of the fight.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Warszawa posted:

agreed on basically all counts you're a good dude r. mute i would watch boxing with you and murmur "communism is a decrepit ideology that will fail its adherents even worse than the general population" into my beer when you weren't paying attention
someone's always paying attention, comrade

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

well, yeah

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i tried watching cricket once

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

it is also quite strange
it's the most british and therefore the most terrible sport

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

also chelsea just won the prem. v. uncool

e: with a 1-0 victory against crystal loving palace - the only goal from a botched penalty. the most mourinho thing to ever happen

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

soccer is boring. whens the last time anyone had a real injury on the field?
lokeren player gregory mertens had a heart attack on the pitch on monday and died this thursday. does that count?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Anyone can have a heart attack.

Not everyone can handle a lineman crush.
a man died, migf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/israel-ethiopian-jews-rally-police-brutality-150503155817247.html

• Locked thread