Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

now they are just trying to trick me

well its not as bad as australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

CoolCab posted:

i saw avengers 2.

not so great, honestly. a bunch of nitpicks and the obsessive need to pack each action sequence with one liners bordered on concerning. also you could feel how loving clever the director thought he was being at times, to the point it was kind of unsettling.

I liked it better than Avengers 1 but also I didn't like Avengers 1

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I liked how Whedon didn't try to figure out Scarlet Witch's powers at all.

Traditionally her powers are "Eh, I don't know, red stuff or whatever?" and Joss just rolled with it.

Stressing over well-defined powersets for your magic punchmen is a very irritating nerd tendency.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

I liked how Whedon didn't try to figure out Scarlet Witch's powers at all.

Traditionally her powers are "Eh, I don't know, red stuff or whatever?" and Joss just rolled with it.

Stressing over well-defined powersets for your magic punchmen is a very irritating nerd tendency.

"No, you see, Ultra Man can't possibly hold his own against Strong Boy, Ultra Man has never lifted anything heavier than a Caterpillar D-7, while Strong Boy has been observed to lift things as heavy as a Caterpillar D-11. I'm boycotting this until the writer shows more respect for the source material."

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

not so much on television interestingly

but warsz the name is silly if you put "green" in front of it

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

it is

it is silly

are you caught up yet warsz

I just got caught up last night

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

CoolCab posted:

the worst of it was when quicksilver gets shot like fifty times with an automatic cannon and manages to get a quip out as his last words

that was the moment you could literally feel joss's erection btw

Really everything with the twins was at least kinda bad, ranging to terrible

The Warszawa posted:

yeah i am

owns, but flash is better

which of olliver's friends do you think will end up murdered by him?

I'll bet Thea becomes the new R'as al-Ghul

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

When I saw Ultron three of the preview trailers were for comic book movies. All began with the same aerial 45-degree shot of a city skyline.

I got nothing against a zillion comic-book movies in principle, as it's a diverse industry/genre with a lot of room for experimentation, but I'm getting pretty tired of the aesthetic homogeneity.

That's what was cool about Guardians

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

mostly what I want out of the superhero movie boom is an adaptation of Damage Control.

I want to watch a harried middle-manager try to figure out how to deliver an invoice to Doctor Doom for a hundred and forty minutes.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

CoolCab posted:

gently caress landlords forever

who decided "well you own stuff

Property Is Theft, comrade

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

we make the distinction between personal property and private property though, yeah? i mean, i'm down with buying property as long as it all reverts to the state on death

at best you may be alloted the use of some asset on a daily basis by your local Workers' Committee

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Effectronica posted:

Hey, foreign policy types. You're locked in a room with an unreconstructed Wilsonian and the Kennan-iest realist that ever lived. You have a gun with one bullet left.

Whaddaya do?

I'm no Foreign Policy type but I know you don't need a gun to kill men

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Toby was a massive poo poo head and I hated him even not having seen the season where he apparently turns evil.

are we talking about West Wing toby or The Office toby

is there a difference

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

toby was essentially Northeastern Liberals: The Broadway Musical, even moreso than bartlett

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

im toby and im very mad because of reasons

watch as i vibrate

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Some of Toby's "problematize the administration's agenda" role should have been delegated to Charlie, a man with perspective.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

A minute ago I was like "gently caress it's 11 I missed the fight!" but nope

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

"i paid a hunnerd bucks to watch a fillipino gutted on live television" - many men, 2015

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

paquiao is a fine sportsman, but mayweather is a killer

colonials only play at war

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I have an arsenal of insulting avatars prepared for the day VS transgresses against my people.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

wait migf is pro-manny?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

VS's future waifu he will court in deployment.

how does age-of-consent work for troops in Foreign Lands

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

it's not anime related

did you join anime club because you presumed the girls would be Easy

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Spaceman Future! posted:

lookit this scrub who hasnt eaten a dog from papaya dog. quit eating literal trash plz.

in ky you can get a dog sandwiched between slabs of mutton

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

manny 'Battlin' Jack Murdoch" paquiao

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

hot drat this is the first fight I've paid attention to in like 5 years

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Who wants to admit embarrassing things they did as a teenager

I once masturbated in a forest, lying on a fallen tree

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Spaceman Future! posted:

Thats pretty poetic yo

It was hard to get privacy in the ole farmhouse and I didn't want to just sneak out to the truck like my brothers

I also wrote erotic fiction for furries for money, which still is several orders of magnitude less sleazy than Spaceman Future's

Hell, I'd do that now.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

like I didn't know furries would pay money for their weird poo poo

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

brb gonna update Race War thread on the results

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

all those RC robot-battle shows are bad because the least interesting robots always win

what's the point of all that fancy robotics if the route to victory is to just build a kinda tough box on wheels

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

even House bots wouldn't gently caress with Storm

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

It was always kinda cool when dudes would wheel out dumb tech-demo bots that they knew wouldn't work

also Battlebots allowed jay leno to participate and should be banned on that account.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Things I learned from working for furries:
[list]There are furries in the Secret Service

SFT you caint just drop that kinda bomb and not leave any deets

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nutranurse posted:

the future is marvel/dc edm shared only through instagram humblebrags

the great Boom! Comics boom of 2039

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I don't think the trans community is quite there yet. I could believe that there are some affluent, white gay men who are on the cusp of that realization though.

unfortunately, so far as the mainstream is concerned "affluent, white gay men" are the only gays who exist

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

floyd mayweather is a joyless boxing perfectionist who grinds his enemies to dust using dour, aloof technical proficiency

he has no elan

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Randler posted:

"Stand up and do karate, you queers!"

this but unironically

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Floyd Mayweather: the Virginia of boxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

man Multiversity is weird

I feel like grant morrison is just regurgitating party drugs directly onto the page at this point

• Locked thread