Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I like to jump on heads op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just started NSMB two days ago! my last mario was mario3. this is frickin sweet.
next up galaxy 1 and smw!

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
which NSMB? i dont dislike any of them but the ones on main consoles are way better than the handhelds!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i love mario

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

new smb games are garbaege

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

galaxy 2 and mario 3d world are better than mario 64. heh. yeah. deal with it. do the needful. dat fuckin catte. :rms::rms1::getin: edit: :jiggler::jiggled::jiggle:

Soral
May 30, 2009

throwback galaxy is the best level in mario galaxy 2

Soral
May 30, 2009

*licks lips* mmmm yea that gamer nostalgia feeling

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Simoom posted:

which NSMB? i dont dislike any of them but the ones on main consoles are way better than the handhelds!

NSMBwii (got wiiu and luigiu versions to play too but taking them in order so as not to spoil me)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

New Super Mario Bros. is AIDS though.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ever since the DS NSMB all i have been pkaying for 2D Mario has been SMW ROMhacks +some other SM3 and YI ROMhacks

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

qnqnx posted:

ever since the DS NSMB all i have been pkaying for 2D Mario has been SMW ROMhacks +some other SM3 and YI ROMhacks

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

galaxy 2 and mario 3d world are better than mario 64. heh. yeah. deal with it. do the needful. dat fuckin catte. :rms::rms1::getin: edit: :jiggler::jiggled::jiggle:

drat straight.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
the non-handheld NSMB games are good to play with friends.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Win.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I have been playing all the Marios in order recently and I just beat Super Mario World today. Super Mario 3 is better because it's more compact and the physics and graphics are more appealing, but it's a very narrow victory over SMW because there's just so much poo poo to find in it ... the Star World, the American Slang Term world, Earth-2 with all the creepy Mario Mask Koopas ... finding all that poo poo makes you feel like such a bad rear end

Only game that I haven't beaten now is New Super Mario Bros. DS and it is super boring :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NSMBU is really, really good. it is a modern super mario world and it rules. luigi's NSMB expansion was also really great.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

galaxy 1 is slightly better than 2. i dislike that they got rid of the hub world.

they are both probably the best platforming games ever though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

galaxy 1 is slightly better than 2. i dislike that they got rid of the hub world.

they are both probably the best platforming games ever though

I prefer the map choices and getting rid of the comets was a smart move IMO.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my favorite part of 3d world is the final secret world that is p much just earlier levels on crack. i hope that becomes a standard in every mario game

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
*Googles Mario Maker*

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i need to watch this

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

i love mario

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
taking a break from NSMBwii and Galaxy 1 to discover that Super Paper Mario is charming as all heck and really good fun!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My neighbor got a big box of his cousins old snes games and it had Mario's time machine in it.

It didn't take long to learn just how much that game sucked, except for one thing, this loving song

https://youtu.be/mL8LkYLx6C0

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

I didn't care for Super Mario Sunshine for some reason but that's pretty much the only one I didn't like.

I got all the stars in that game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

agreed

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

each time nintendo makes a Mario, you think "well, this'll be a terrific video game experience. i just have to remember not to compare it to the last great Mario game, which would be hard to top," but then they shock you by taking you to new platforming heights, causing you to lean back in your couch and yell "Epic! I love Nintendo!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

each time nintendo makes a Mario, you think "well, this'll be a terrific video game experience. i just have to remember not to compare it to the last great Mario game, which would be hard to top," but then they shock you by taking you to new platforming heights, causing you to lean back in your couch and yell "Epic! I love Nintendo!"
I actually avoided the Mario games for a while because of the first NSMB, but 3-D world won me back.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i didn't realize what people hated about NSMB until I tried playing it alone and got really bored. It's really only fun if you have four people playing, and like, two of them are good, one of them is middling, and one of them is terrible. it's more of a party game than a Mario platformer.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

mario galaxy pwns

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i like marios on the 3ds because then i can take mario wherever i go and continue our adventures together

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
3D World owns, because it takes the best features of every Mario game and crams it into one game. It has the finish pole from SMB, character differences from SMB2, tons of items like SMB3, and star collection like from SM:64. Really all that was missing was Yoshi and the Koopa kids.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

is the flag pole really a "best feature"

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

elf help book posted:

is the flag pole really a "best feature"

that guy really likes poles

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seiferguy: Holy poo poo! The flagpole! The goddamn flagpole! Check out the different amounts of points I can get! Look at all the heights and associated points thereof!

Squallguy: ...This guy needs to grow up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Selphiegal: poo poo! gently caress! Booyaka! The Toy Time Galaxy has a train in it you guys!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*Squallguy pulls back in horror from Mario Teaches Typing*

I won't have it! I won't have this game talking about me in the past tense!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2Cv3pTybY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

• Locked thread