Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I mean, I am only in World 3, so it makes sense most of the levels so far have been easy, kind of getting me used to the new enemies and power ups and things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the water dinosaur levels are actually good.

i have the urge to play sunshine pretty bad but i don't have a controller for my pc atm. it's a severely underrated mario title and very appropriate to prepare for summer

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah I like the Plessie levels a lot. Maybe it's difficult single player but with two people it's fun to coordinate and not very hard. Plus the levels look nice with good music.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There are no bad Mario 3-D World levels.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the captain toad levels but it doesn't make me want to buy the captain toad game. They put in just enough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I want more Captain Toad levels, but I bet by the time I finish the game, I will feel the same way.

A full game of them probably does some different things, though, and adds dimensions to the gameplay.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
captain toad's game is a lot better than the levels in 3d world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain toad game is extremely win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing through the first Galaxy game makes me realize the humble beginnings of captain toad and how inspirational it is that's he come so far from tripping and getting locked in a treasure chest with a power star in it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My favorite toad is the one who says "OH NO!"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

My favorite toad is the one who says "OH NO!"

i like toadette

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My new unscratched copy of Galaxy 1 should be with me in a few days. I was really getting into it.

As such I decided to tide me over with 3d marios I would buy sm64 on virtual console.

This is a heck of a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Also the main world theme is a goddamn classic. Is is some kind of law to have the best music in mario games because it feels like it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mario 64 has a real Alice in Wonderland feel. I find it hard to go back to its controls, but it is definitely a good game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Just got to the part in 64 where you get to look into a mirror and the fact that the Lakitu is there holding the camera in the reflection is extremely cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Just got to the part in 64 where you get to look into a mirror and the fact that the Lakitu is there holding the camera in the reflection is extremely cool

does any other game do this? you would think at least one game would copy this but i can't think of a single other time the camera has a character behind it

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

sharrrk posted:

does any other game do this? you would think at least one game would copy this but i can't think of a single other time the camera has a character behind it
Why would they?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

because its a cute idea

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Why would they?

Because it's cool, you wiener.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
gently caress yeah racing agsinst Koopa the Quick is awesome. what a cool guy the bobomb king is pretty chill as well. gracious enemies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am almost done with the 120 stars of SMG1. Just started on the last observatory, then I need to beat third bowser and do all the purple coins, some of which I remember being difficult and fun and others I remember being somewhat tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i started thousand year door again and im only putting points into badges

sticker star is garbage

• Locked thread