Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

qnqnx posted:

i keep pushing up+left instead of left and that really bothers me when emulating platformers
why the gently caress they didnt use an octagonal stick gate like all good analog sticks

Octo is really just a Nintendo thing and if you're paying a 2d platformer that doesn't have actual analog control you really shouldn't be using the stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Octo is really just a Nintendo thing and if you're paying a 2d platformer that doesn't have actual analog control you really shouldn't be using the stick.

the DS3 dpad sucks for when I actually need to input a diagonal
also Snes9x not being able to bind the stick and dpad to directionals at the same time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The SNES basically perfected the controller and every system afterwards has just been a cheap imitator

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Pablo Gigante posted:

The SNES basically perfected the controller and every system afterwards has just been a cheap imitator

The ps1's d-pad was pretty good actually imo, having 4 buttons instead of one cross made errand diagonals a lot hard, but stuff like Quarter/half circles didn't feel good on it imo.

then again dude won SF4 at EVO last year with one so wtf do I know

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Wireless support for PC is coming later this year right?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

I can't go back to my 360 controller anymore for PC games.
Why not?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DS4 is actually a better controller sorry if you can only play with stuff over a certain weight. Using the touchpad as a mouse is nice because sometimes you play a game with "partial" controller support and you need to click 'ok' once or the title screen is mouse-only. gently caress those games though. The barely-functioning touchpad mouse is just good when you're across the room and want to click something.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Is there a fully-featured DS4 driver for PC? I'd like to give that a try if there is.
You don't need a special driver or anything but you should grab this.
http://ds4windows.com/

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

elf help book posted:

theres a thread in games that would love this post, you should check it out

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you;re going to make a post this long, don;t me a massive unfunny loser whom's posts I wouldn;t read anyway.

Black Baby Goku posted:

The long post is the hardest to pull off, especially if you are white noise

FactsAreUseless posted:

An ouroboros of garbage diarrhea? This... is truly a McDonald's drive-thru.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sir, please leave and take the print outs of your posting career with you
Coulda sworn I'd earned the benefit of the doubt by now.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Sir John Feelgood posted:

This is like the scene in Terranigma where you find out that you were actually a human being the entire time.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Frank Horrigan posted:

This is like the scene in Terranigma where you find out that you were actually a human being the entire time.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Frank Horrigan posted:

Yeah, drat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I didn't give a poo poo about your post, I just wanted to make that drive-thru joke based on the thing you said in the post.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The xbox one is a piece of loving poo poo that i bought because i love to do the things people hate. I hate the big popular things and always root for the underdog in football games and the like, so i bought the xbox one, which is sponsored by Doritos, my favorite food, because I don't eat what's healthy but rather what tastes good like an animal. The xbox one is the console of the NFL probably, a brutal organization of braindamaged murderers. The Xbox One lets me watch TV on my lovely console for $500. I hook it in with the HDMI port like a buttplug and then jack off to television light pixels that cater to the lowest common denominator of poor idiot Americans who also eat bad food for the taste. I deliberately bought the stupid xbox one just to howl at how loving stupid I am for buying such a piece of disfunctional poo poo. Television goes into the xbox and comes out of it like a god drat ouroboros of garbage diarrhea for morons. I love the stupid brands that appear on TV and that's my story.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RIP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell, I read the post like it was a parody of epic jaded Games poster posts, and enjoyed it somewhat, in that context.

Best Regards,
WS

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"The xbox one is the console of the NFL probably, a brutal organization of braindamaged murderers."

actually this was funny

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
My eyes just kinda glazed over after I read the first couple of sentences.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Most of those are seriously badass.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ds4 is the same price as xbox1controller but has gyro, light bar, internal battery, 4 button touchpad, wireless pc support, not to mention all the more subjective things about it like dpad, weight, and triggers that only idiots don't agree are way better

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

x1 has controller firmware patches lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Zelda hearts one is actually sick as hell

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i really like the analog triggers on the xone controller especiialy the feedback and i hope sony and nintendo steal it from them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Famous TV Dad posted:

i really like the analog triggers on the xone controller especiialy the feedback and i hope sony and nintendo steal it from them

feature unsupported on pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

also mandatory adapter for headsets

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Normal people definitely worry about if they can plug a headset right into the controller on PC. Please, potential lurkers, do not take this lunatic seriously.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hmmm whats that smell

ugh

what

oh! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381&userid=125980

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

headshot

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish I had the passion for console flaming that made me the guy who watched a thread for a system I absolutely could not stand, waiting for any type of pleasant surprise that I could crush with alternative examples and insane nitpicking, small complaints I could respond to by talking about how I just casually plug x thing into y and It Just Works, or innocuous stupid opinions that I could argue semantics about for hours.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah i totally posted 6 times about xbone controllers on this page because i thought i was cool or had any self respect.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I wish I had the passion for console flaming that made me the guy who watched a thread for a system I absolutely could not stand, waiting for any type of pleasant surprise that I could crush with alternative examples and insane nitpicking, small complaints I could respond to by talking about how I just casually plug x thing into y and It Just Works, or innocuous stupid opinions that I could argue semantics about for hours.

he probably doesnt even have a wii u

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

classic 80s style Nerd like from Revenge of the Nerds: MEH!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen better 'rolers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

classic 80s style Nerd like from Revenge of the Nerds: MEH!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen better 'rolers.

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah i totally posted 6 times about xbone controllers on this page because i thought i was cool or had any self respect.

You should try to change your lifestyle instead of being a sadbrain bitch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

You should try to change your lifestyle instead of being a sadbrain bitch.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

go back to GBS.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

go back to GBS.
No no, he said change his lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

14 pages of posts in th xbox is the friend of the family of the console world thread, Ftw

• Locked thread